The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Power steering failure

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:08 PM
Reaction score
Hello @Logsplitter ... I only discover your sad problem now. I didn’t read all the advice and possible solutions, therefore perhaps somebody told you something similar...

Once with my son and daughter-in-law we went to drink some wine at Balaton lake in Hungary. She said, I will drive your car when going back to Budapest (zero tolerance on Alcohol). When she took the car it was as if she never drove a car in the past ...

To shorten the story ... a belt tensioner was bent and battery didn’t charge and no steering assistance on my Suzuki Grand Vitara.

Perhaps something similar?

Good luck ... 👍

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:08 PM
Reaction score
The fault has been found. Hoorah 😄. This time it was a permanent fault so easier to detect unlike the last two times where the fault was intermittent and the fault didn’t happen whilst at the dealer. So the Gateway control module that was replaced as it turns out was probably not at fault. Our Grenadier has a power steering pump failure, it’s the first failure they’ve had so not a prevalent issue. The part has been ordered as an absolute high priority and shipping tonight or tomorrow morning. Harwoods will carry out the work as soon as the part arrives.
we are happy and relieved that fault has now been diagnosed and our travel plans can happen although we are real short of time. We’ve had an email today bringing shipping forwards a week and now have to deliver to Rotterdam on 31st July so getting the overnIght ferry on the 30july. Its a real tight schedule but it looks like it’s happening. 🤞🏼

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:08 AM
Reaction score
Glad to hear it is an easy fix... Hopefully the PS pump is as easy to get to on the RHD as it is for LHD!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The fault has been found. Hoorah 😄. This time it was a permanent fault so easier to detect unlike the last two times where the fault was intermittent and the fault didn’t happen whilst at the dealer. So the Gateway control module that was replaced as it turns out was probably not at fault. Our Grenadier has a power steering pump failure, it’s the first failure they’ve had so not a prevalent issue. The part has been ordered as an absolute high priority and shipping tonight or tomorrow morning. Harwoods will carry out the work as soon as the part arrives.
we are happy and relieved that fault has now been diagnosed and our travel plans can happen although we are real short of time. We’ve had an email today bringing shipping forwards a week and now have to deliver to Rotterdam on 31st July so getting the overnIght ferry on the 30july. Its a real tight schedule but it looks like it’s happening. 🤞🏼
I think the thing is, it shows that Ineos and Harwoods can pull out all the stops when required.
Great result for your overseas " jolly"

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Brilliant and especially reassuring to know it's not a common failure. Appreciate the update!

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Great to hear this mate. Hopefully you just had a Friday afternoon steering pump as opposed to a Friday afternoon Grenadier!!

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great to hear this mate. Hopefully you just had a Friday afternoon steering pump as opposed to a Friday afternoon Grenadier!!
I reckon that will be the case. It’s a great vehicle just unfortunate we had that fault. I’m confident enough in all the testing and development that Ineos have done , so much so that we’ll be driving in some real remote places in Northern Namibia, Central Kalahari etc. I’ll be keeping my Garmin inreach at hand with a hot line to Ineos just in case. 👍🏼

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:08 AM
Reaction score

As they say, stuff happens to all - what matters is how we respond. Kudos to Ineos for pulling out the stops on getting you the part you need to preserve your adventure. I think long after the teething of the Gren is finished, this kind of support approach will be the key to their long-term success.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fantastic to read that they have found the fault and have pulled out the stops to fix in time. How many miles have you done so far?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As they say, stuff happens to all - what matters is how we respond. Kudos to Ineos for pulling out the stops on getting you the part you need to preserve your adventure. I think long after the teething of the Gren is finished, this kind of support approach will be the key to their long-term success.
Totally agree. There were always going to be teething issues on getting the first breakdown or faults sorted. A learning process for Ineos. Also what needs to be sorted in the U.K. is the response times of the AA for recovery which is woeful and a trying to sort the courtesy car hire was a nightmare I gave up on twice. I’m sure someone from Ineos will read this and hopefully try and sort the system out a bit, although I have vented my frustrations about recovery and courtesy car hire to the dealers so hopefully the message will get back up to the top as their is room for improvement

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Totally agree. There were always going to be teething issues on getting the first breakdown or faults sorted. A learning process for Ineos. Also what needs to be sorted in the U.K. is the response times of the AA for recovery which is woeful and a trying to sort the courtesy car hire was a nightmare I gave up on twice. I’m sure someone from Ineos will read this and hopefully try and sort the system out a bit, although I have vented my frustrations about recovery and courtesy car hire to the dealers so hopefully the message will get back up to the top as their is room for improvement
Had to wait 10 hours through the night for RAC recovery a few months ago following a tyre blow out. Three months after my complaint I received a cheque for £75.00 by way of an apology. The recovery guy said that since all the banks starting including recovery services as part of paid banking. Because they were probably only paying the RAC, AA, etc a few pounds per head, the recovery services are not geared up to the right level. He recommended I join one of the smaller organisations as he himself had done.

Local time
Reaction score
The fault has been found. Hoorah 😄.
. Our Grenadier has a power steering pump failure, it’s the first failure they’ve had so not a prevalent issue. 🤞🏼

Interesting.
Electric motors do tend to work, or not, rather than work sometimes and fix themselves it's probably a tad more complex than just a pump ...
I'm glad they have identified the issue anyway and that should be an easy/quick fix. 🤞

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:08 AM
Reaction score
Now I’m really frustrated 😡🤬🤬🤬
Out on a journey this morning having had the Gateway Control Module replaced earlier in the week. I’m stopped at a services at the end of M23 and got back in the car after a coffee and power steering failure again Third time FFS🤬. Looks like our African travels are off now 😢
Just waiting for the AA. I’m getting more than frustrated now in fact f—-king angry 🤬🤬🤬🤬
Oh Man deepest frustration. Reject the car.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great news - enjoy your incredible journey!

Back
Top Bottom