The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Power steering failure

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:34 PM
Reaction score
Having done 1000 mls or so, a technical/electrical question if I may.

I’m having the usual panoply of warnings popping up on the touch screen, Orange to Red (pdc failure/power steering failure, transmission failure etc etc), but the failures are not replicated on the screen in front of the steering wheel.
Does anyone know if the monitoring system is built such that the software that indicates warning of failures on the touchscreen console, is designed to read and presents data differently from the system which displays on the smaller warning screen. Ie are they seperate software monitoring systems, or are there additional monitoring sensors to support the readout on the wee screen?

The red warnings are a little disconcerting when they pop up on the touchscreen, but all disappear pretty quickly (up to a few minutes), and the drive isn’t affected.

This of course is the polar opposite of my experience of ‘new’ landrover systems, where the cylinder linings wore out leading to compression loss and catastrophic failure of a twin turbo (amongst other things), preceded by over a year of ‘rattling’ yet not a single warning light came on in 3 years, and no comment from the garage at each service :)
Some have reportedly been told that they can ignore the ones on the touchscreen but pay attention to the red ones on the small screen

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Some say he can ignore the warnings on the touchscreen, but he panics when he sees red warnings on the small screen
In my overly complex for the time Porsche 928 , instrument gauge red lights can be safely ignored , unless they are flashing. Then you must channel a submarine fire warning, and act accordingly!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In my overly complex for the time Porsche 928 , instrument gauge red lights can be safely ignored , unless they are flashing. Then you must channel a submarine fire warning, and act accordingly!
Yes
But what a vehicle.
It's like saying my hot girlfriend has a mole on her arse

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
except the fuses, for some reason some of these are buried away and others there's no space to lift the covers...
My mistake, yes, except that entire section.... Unless you just leave the cover off. Which I believe is what I will be doing on mine, not because I feel like I will have electrical problems, but just because it makes access to the area easier, and electrical is the thing I enjoy tinkering with the most

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:34 AM
Reaction score
And not forgetting, rather aptly for this thread, the one hidden behind the airbox and hemmed in by the brake fluid reservoir for the power steering pump and cooling fan number 1.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Power steering pump replaced, just driven 176 miles and all good. Not a single warning or error light came on so maybe some sort of update was done. Camping table fitted and winch recovery kit in the back of the Grenadier on arrival at Harwoods also a gift from Harwoods of a box of fittings for the utility rails.
A big thank you to Ineos and Harwoods who have been so helpful In getting the power steering problem resolved. They have all been very empathetic to our need to get this sorted promptly ready for shipping our vehicle in just over a weeks time.
We couldn’t be happier, a great drive home with that silky smooth petrol engine.
Tomorrow fit high lift jack and maxtrax brackets to the Rhino rack then off to try out some off road trails. Sunday start packing for the big adventure.
Happy days ahead 😎

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
Power steering pump replaced, just driven 176 miles and all good. Not a single warning or error light came on so maybe some sort of update was done. Camping table fitted and winch recovery kit in the back of the Grenadier on arrival at Harwoods also a gift from Harwoods of a box of fittings for the utility rails.
A big thank you to Ineos and Harwoods who have been so helpful In getting the power steering problem resolved. They have all been very empathetic to our need to get this sorted promptly ready for shipping our vehicle in just over a weeks time.
We couldn’t be happier, a great drive home with that silky smooth petrol engine.
Tomorrow fit high lift jack and maxtrax brackets to the Rhino rack then off to try out some off road trails. Sunday start packing for the big adventure.
Happy days ahead 😎
@Logsplitter I am so happy for you. All the best!

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Happy days ahead 😎
Let’s hope that’s your full quota of issues and you have a fault free adventure.

Hope you have fun

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
great to hear @Logsplitter

you've had more than your fair share of major problems not to mention stress considering the looming shipping schedule and all that entails.

bon voyage, fair winds and blues skies to you 👍🚢🌍

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great to see a good end to your saga - loking forward to evidence of grenadiering across africa.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great to see a good end to your saga - loking forward to evidence of grenadiering across africa.
I’ll give plenty of reports back to the forum as I really enjoy it here. It should be a good test of the Grenadier as going to be fully loaded and varying terrain. Ill probably post reports and photos in the overlanding page.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Happy days ahead 😎
Please keep us updated m8 hope you have a great trip.

AWo

Local time
6:34 AM
Reaction score
I’ll give plenty of reports back to the forum as I really enjoy it here. It should be a good test of the Grenadier as going to be fully loaded and varying terrain. Ill probably post reports and photos in the overlanding page.
"Probably"?

I need to Google or Bard for that word...

AWo

Back
Top Bottom