The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Power steering failure

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:54 PM
Reaction score
Now I’m really frustrated 😡🤬🤬🤬
Out on a journey this morning having had the Gateway Control Module replaced earlier in the week. I’m stopped at a services at the end of M23 and got back in the car after a coffee and power steering failure again Third time FFS🤬. Looks like our African travels are off now 😢
Just waiting for the AA. I’m getting more than frustrated now in fact f—-king angry 🤬🤬🤬🤬

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That's really bad.

Are your symptoms exactly the same as last time?

Reactions: PBD

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Now I’m really frustrated 😡🤬🤬🤬
Out on a journey this morning having had the Gateway Control Module replaced earlier in the week. I’m stopped at a services at the end of M23 and got back in the car after a coffee and power steering failure again Third time FFS🤬. Looks like our African travels are off now 😢
Just waiting for the AA. I’m getting more than frustrated now in fact f—-king angry 🤬🤬🤬🤬
If Ineos had any sense, they would immediately prepare you a car suitable for your adventure and take that one back until it was fit for purpose 😟.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If Ineos had any sense, they would immediately prepare you a car suitable for your adventure and take that one back until it was fit for purpose 😟.
We’ve emailed everyone we know at Ineos as this is beyond s joke now. Maybe I’ve got the archetypal Friday afternoon car. I don’t know what to say anymore. Seriously disappointed and frustrated

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Same warning I have had a few time plus transmission failure in red, neither have failed like yours though!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is the concerning thoughts I have in the back of my mind. This shouldn't happen in a 2023 vehicle...

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So either there's a working assumption that it's a 2nd failed gateway control module or it's a more fundamental issue?

I'm still struggling with the solid steering feel as per the earlier discussion:
Post in thread 'Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?' https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...-electrical-gremlins.12411996/post-1333197294

And what would cause that?
I’m at a loss as to what could cause it. Driving for over an hour on motorway and all fine. Stopped for a coffee and power steering fault when I started up again 🤔
At standstill steering is almost impossible to turn

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You need to get the agent to pull the fuse(s) on a demo vehicle and try and steer it. I don't want to believe that just non-power assisted steering gives the symptoms you are reporting.

If the demo vehicle doesn't feel exactly like yours then I'd be looking at something physically wrong with the hydraulic flow ~ either there's a valve sticking/jamming open/closed, debris or air in the oil or a damaged mechanical part.

As an after thought ~ what do the two steering ujs look like on the steering column? Any sign of a loose nut/bolt or binding in their complete range of movement?

Last edited:

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is quite a serious fault. Potentially dangerous. Is yours the only known incidence?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:54 PM
Reaction score
@Logsplitter
I am so sorry for you! I hope that everything will be fixed quickly. I would definitely write an email with a photo to Lynn. I wish you all the best!

This is not at all in line with the INEOS statement regarding the quality check, especially as it is still safety-relevant.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Logsplitter
I am so sorry for you! I hope that everything will be fixed quickly. I would definitely write an email with a photo to Lynn. I wish you all the best!

This is not at all in line with the INEOS statement regarding the quality check, especially as it is still safety-relevant.
Does anyone have the email address for Lynn Calder

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Have you done any investigation yourself?
A bad plug somewhere? This kind of thing can be a nightmare, often dealers will just keep replacing parts until the fault goes away, the problem is if its intermittent then they haven’t necessarily fixed it. Sounds like the case here.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m at a loss as to what could cause it. Driving for over an hour on motorway and all fine. Stopped for a coffee and power steering fault when I started up again 🤔
Have sent urgent MMS to Tom Johnson at Ineos for you + emails to him, Steve Graham and David Blackhall who is I believe their head engineer.
Is it going back to Harwood's?
I’m beginning to wonder for what purpose it is fit for whilst I sit here waiting to be collected

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have sent urgent MMS to Tom Johnson at Ineos for you + emails to him, Steve Graham and David Blackhall who is I believe their head engineer.
Is it going back to Harwood's?
Yes going back to Harwoods. The AA tech had a good look around but nothing obvious
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom