The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Philly Auto Show

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:17 PM
Reaction score
I went to the Philadelphia Auto Show on Saturday 1/13. I'm not going to write much - just a few brief observations:

1-Disappointed no Ineos
2-Disappointed no new Land Cruiser
3-The new Tacoma is really nice and the TrailHunter (not Trial ;) ) is a great looking ride and from the factory is kitted out very well. If I was looking for a pickup it would be top of my list (provided I would like the way it drives).
4-The new Lexus GX is uglier in person than in photos. The profile is nice and the rear end isn't bad, but the face, ugh. The interior is pretty swanky and is probably a nice place to be. The visibility was surprisingly good and I could see the front corners without leaning forward or anything.
5-First time I have seen a Bronco up close and in person. I think they look great - especially with the Sasquatch package - but they were a bit chinsy inside. Not much different than a Wrangler in that respect. The frame-less windows are cool though.
6-OK4WD (NJ off-road shop and the Buzz US distributor) had two hard-core overland pickups set up but I could not find any representatives to chat with. I have a set of Buzz sliders on order.

Overall it was enjoyable and a nice day out with my brother.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't think you'll find Ineos at any Auto shows... In fact, with Stellantis dropping out of Chicago (I think it is Chicago...), I think more manufacturers will follow suit; I don't think I've stepped foot in an auto show in upwards of 15 years at this point

new LC250 effectively is the same as the GX, so visibility/interior are very similar... Saw both at Overland Expo east, and as a die hard Toyota guy for many years, neither tickle my fancy.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:17 PM
Reaction score
Honestly I miss auto shows, I low pressure environment to view all the vehicles. I would love to compare mid sized trucks all in one place for an upcoming business purchase for instance. But our 2020 show was cancelled for COVID and never came back.

Ineos will get more bang for there buck sponsoring enthusiasts gatherings, going to Sema, Overland Expo and so on. VASTLY cheaper ( those shows have become crazy expensive) Target audience is not folks cross comparing a lot of vehicles, but just a handful, Bronco, Land Cruiser, Jeep ect.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Philly Auto Show has been pretty weak for years. I am talking pre 2019 too.

In years past concepts and near to market products have been missing. I did go in 2020 and the Corvette and Defender were there. Shocking.

Last edited:

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:17 PM
Reaction score
I think they started going down hill as time went on as well. You started to see automakers bail. Then again, times were good for awhile. Maybe they will need them again as sales slow down?

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:17 PM
Reaction score
I was at CES this past week. I was there to meet suppliers in the automotive and transportation supply chain.

There was zero US auto manufacturers there this year and only one German (Mercedes). BMW had one car with Qualcomm for the snapdragon ride digital cockpit demo. Other than that it was the new overseas companies (TOGG, vinfast) and the legacy companies Hyundai, Honda etc.

... But even more surprising. I was at the motor trend awards (not open to the public, generally execs only) and when there I saw no US auto manufacturing execs despite winning awards.

I suspect the auto show circuit is dying, being replaced by youtubers and vloggers.

Back
Top Bottom