The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Google Maps display, night and day

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:23 AM
Reaction score
I wasn't able to find a similar question in other threads.
The Google Maps display on the smartphone can always be set to the daytime version, which is always more visible, unless it is the middle of the night.
Unfortunately, the version that appears on the car display cannot be set in this way when the car lights are in automatic mode. In this case the display is always in night mode when the headlights are turned on automatically and in day mode when they are turned off.
Since the lights are automatically kept on even in the case of not very intense external light, the night mode, which is very difficult to read in bright light, creates a problem and, in any case, the reaction to darkness/light is not very fast.
Do you know of a possibility to always keep the daytime mode active even with the lights on 'auto'? The general light setting does not affect Google Maps+'Auto'.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:23 AM
Reaction score
At least in AndroidAuto, there is a setting of what controls day/night (car, phone, or forced one way or the other)

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you. Please, let me know where are the setting control of Android auto...

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Settings, Applications, find Android Auto, then "Additional settings in the app", then under General "Day/night mode for maps"
In the smartphone? If there, I haven't in the 'Applications menu' 'Additional setting in the app'...

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Found something similar in Settings... then set Day... tomorrow I'll check. Thank you!

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It worked, Thank you!!!
And I was able also to allow AA to connect also to a blocked smartphone...

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@alvan , you can adjust the brightness of Grenadier dashboard in day and night mode. I have set for daytime to 100% and in the night to 40%. How? By chance ;) I have changed the brightness during the night to 40% - only possible when it is dark - and when you in daylight it switches automatically to your daylights settings - in my case 100% (would like to have 120% and for the rear camera when sunny 150%;). Btw my headlights are set to automatic mode.

Back
Top Bottom