The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Passenger Window Lifter

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:55 AM
Reaction score
Discovered that the passenger side electric window lifter doesn't work. It operates from the drivers side so there is power to the lifter.
So I'm guessing a) it is a duff switch or
b) they didn't connect it during build.

jrmack88

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:55 PM
Reaction score
Discovered that the passenger side electric window lifter doesn't work. It operates from the drivers side so there is power to the lifter.
So I'm guessing a) it is a duff switch or
b) they didn't connect it during build.
I have the same problem, anyone out there know how to correct the problem?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have the same problem, anyone out there know how to correct the problem?
Yes my connector was loosely fitted. Worked at PDI but after some driving just dropped down slightly breaking the contact. 30 seconds to fix, just push the connector home tight. No need to take the door card off the flat surround lifts up apparently didn't see it done the dealer did it. I'm lucky, I pass my dealer on a regular basis. So let him have a look in case it needed a new switch or the door card needed to come off.

Last edited:

joeriv

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:55 PM
Reaction score
Yes my connector was loosely fitted. Worked at PDI but after some driving just dropped down slightly breaking the contact. 30 seconds to fix, just push the connector home tight. No need to take the door card off the flat surround lifts up apparently didn't see it done the dealer did it. I'm lucky, I pass my dealer on a regular basis. So let him have a look in case it needed a new switch or the door card needed to come off.
Any chance for photo or general area of where I can try to see if connector is loose? My passenger window control stopped working (works from driver side controls though) and am trying to fix since it is 3hr drive to dealer to have them take a look.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any chance for photo or general area of where I can try to see if connector is loose? My passenger window control stopped working (works from driver side controls though) and am trying to fix since it is 3hr drive to dealer to have them take a

From what you describe it sounds like it is the connection has come loose. Gently lift out the wider flat surround in the handle top were the switch is located, not the actual switch itself.

joeriv

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:55 PM
Reaction score
For those that are having issues with power lifter. It is super easy to check the connections to window lifters. Photos attached (I used a plastic shim to start the removal of the section of the panel but you can just pull it out. the connector somehow came undone. plug it back in and the window controls work again. easy peasy.

Attachments

• tempImageuZfTiT.jpg
    tempImageuZfTiT.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
  • tempImageQhtVkk.jpg
    tempImageQhtVkk.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
  • tempImageRahuuj.jpg
    tempImageRahuuj.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 48

Brandon.Goings79

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:55 PM
Reaction score
That is supposed to be tested during the pre-delivery inspection by the dealer - "Correct operation of all windows at each door and from drivers switch panel." Pre-Delivery Inspection Checklist
The passenger window stop working. Check the fuses and they are ok. When I press the switches on the driver/passenger doors I hear the relay clicking, but the window still doesn't go down.

Back
Top Bottom