The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Part numbers and price for RAI panel

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:27 AM
Reaction score
OK, I picked up my replacement panel for the removal of the RAI. I have included photos of the invoices (redacted to protect my privacy, LOL) and also the part.

I have a question though to anyone that has ever served in the military. I was initially reluctant to install this on Rupert as I thought the flag was facing the wrong way. Then I found this:

If you have the flag positioned on your left shoulder (as you can see on the Apollo astronaut’s spacesuits), then the flag appears as it would flying in the breeze on a flag pole—with the star field facing forward as the wearer moves forward. On other military uniforms, you’ll see what’s called the “reverse side flag” on the right sleeve.

On the sleeve of Gen. Campbell's uniform you can see the reverse side flag. 
Gen. Charles C. Campbell (left), commander of U.S. Army Forces Command, presents Maj. Gen. John A. Yingling with a U.S. flag. On the sleeve of Gen. Campbell's uniform you can see the reverse side flag.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The part number photos are attached as is my receipt:716FB8FB-8ECC-4B39-A913-E69F5576CFF2_1_105_c.jpeg

922C82A8-6AE4-4A0C-9021-A1D7BB0E3B8D_1_105_c.jpeg

6810A78F-856D-4643-A587-F0C3F1F7E323_1_105_c.jpeg

I have yet to install it, although I did attempt to do so. I could not for the life of me figure out how to pop the light and lens from the RAI as it has toi be reinserted into the new panel. If anyone has done this previously, please help a fella out.

Last edited:

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:27 AM
Reaction score
The part number photos are attached as is my receipt:View attachment 7845191

View attachment 7845192

View attachment 7845193

I have yet to install it, although I did attempt to do so. I could not for the licfe of me figure out how to pop the light and lens from the RAI as it has toi be reinserted into the new panel. If anyone has done this previously, please help a fella out.
Excellent Information @Rupert! Did you happen to look into sourcing the blanking plates part numbers for the A-pillar as well?

Kyabmo1

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
OK, I picked up my replacement panel for the removal of the RAI. I have included photos of the invoices (redacted to protect my privacy, LOL) and also the part.

I have a question though to anyone that has ever served in the military. I was initially reluctant to install this on Rupert as I thought the flag was facing the wrong way. Then I found this:

If you have the flag positioned on your left shoulder (as you can see on the Apollo astronaut’s spacesuits), then the flag appears as it would flying in the breeze on a flag pole—with the star field facing forward as the wearer moves forward. On other military uniforms, you’ll see what’s called the “reverse side flag” on the right sleeve.
It’s generally used as flying in the breeze on US military mobility aircraft and US flag carriers (AA, Delta, United, etc.) by the registration #. So the display on your air intake has precedence as being acceptable although it would be incorrect if displayed on a building.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That flag, as others have mentioned, is oriented the correct way. If you search around, you can find some heated exchanges regarding the subject from quite a while back. I was amongst the cranky American crowd 🤣

S52

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:27 AM
Reaction score
Flag is 100% correct. American flag does not retreat!

AR 670-1 states, keep the blue union field moving forward, as if the flag were being carried into battle. A good way to look at it is to think of the soldier’s arm as a flagpole that is being carried on the battlefield. The flag moves forward, not backwards, it does not retreat

Kyabmo1

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Flag is 100% correct. American flag does not retreat!

AR 670-1 states, keep the blue union field moving forward, as if the flag were being carried into battle. A good way to look at it is to think of the soldier’s arm as a flagpole that is being carried on the battlefield. The flag moves forward, not backwards, it does not retreat
Jeep made a commercial about it…

https://www.facebook.com/Wagoneer/v...s-moving-unstoppably-forward/333127061950366/

Fun with flags: In the 80’s Oldsmobile used it the other way.

1988_Oldsmobile_Cutlass_Ciera_Coupe_-_International_Series_badge_%286141443796%29.jpg

JayKrup

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:27 AM
Reaction score

Mallig

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I'm curious how the installation went as well. Did you also purchase the A pillar blanking plates and if so, what is the part number for those?

Last edited:

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I ORDERED the blanking plates, and so far they are to busy building trucks to ship me the parts. once they do I will provide a full write up.

Mallig

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I could not for the life of me figure out how to pop the light and lens from the RAI as it has to be reinserted into the new panel. If anyone has done this previously, please help a fella out.
Looking at the photo you posted of the replacement air intake plate, it looks like may be is 'keyed' for the light. Similar to many lightbulbs fitted in vehicles, from the picture I would guess you would need to twist the lens/bulb until the tab lines up with the cutout on the back, and then possibly just pull it out (or push it through)?

Mallig

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
@Rupert , any luck getting the light out and deleting the RAI? I may be doing this myself so I'm curious on the part numbers for the A pillar plates and if twisting the light allows you to take it out of the RAI -- or did you figure out some other method?

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Rupert , any luck getting the light out and deleting the RAI? I may be doing this myself so I'm curious on the part numbers for the A pillar plates and if twisting the light allows you to take it out of the RAI -- or did you figure out some other method?

The light does twist right out. I did a write up on deleting my RAI HERE

I used the knockoff kit from eBay (which ultimately I don't recommend) but I touched on the differences of the knock off version and factory version.

Back
Top Bottom