The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Overland Journal and the Grenadier

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:04 AM
Reaction score
Hey @Logsplitter how goes prep for your trip - you must be heading off soon?? Unless you already have, in which case where the hell is your trip report thread / details of your Insta page??? 😉
I’m on Cape Town hopefully we collect Liberty the Grenadier tomorrow. To Ineos Cape Town for check over, Melvill & Moon for seats covers etc plus Safari centre for extra goodies early next week then off up west coast. Staying in SA for first month as meeting up in Cedarberg with friends soon for wedding. Grenadier wedding car 😍😍
We have started an Instagram account but private for now. Anyone who wants to join from the forum I can private message but only doing to people I recognise for now.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:04 AM
Reaction score
I would've prob had a heart attack if I was in that tent, certainly would've needed a change of pyjamas at the very least

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:04 AM
Reaction score
Another video video is up:

I haven't watched the whole thing yet. It seems to be geared to a walk around of the vehicle and how they have kitted it out, which is cool and all, but I am eagerly awaiting some extended video of off road action, and hope to see it in this vid. There is a short bit where Scott gets stuck in sand because he had not yet aired down. I'm hoping to see more off-road goodness. Back to watching.

p.s. My prior "silver spoon" description of Scott is perhaps best born out by the short bit between around 6:30 and 8:30 where he highlights the Melvill and Moon canvas rolling tool bag with the Triple Aught Design Sail Cloth Bag inside for holding smaller items. I actually chortled. More power to him for having the cash to splash, and it's a great infomercial. I'm all in for Melvill and Moon seat covers, but I'm going to keep my options wide open for rolling tool bags and small bags to hold smaller items. Hello, Crown Royal bag.
I find this video very informative and good inspiration for your own ideas.

However, what I was missing was where they keep their shoes, coats, jackets, underwear, clothing, etc.

Has anyone seen anything like this that I haven't?

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:04 PM
Reaction score

However, what I was missing was where they keep their shoes, coats, jackets, underwear, clothing, etc.

Their mantra was travel light. So, only one outfit and flip flops?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:04 AM
Reaction score

He mentioned briefly that they store their clothes in soft bags which are stowed behind the front seats and provide soft padding at the end of the sleeping platform.
I was trying to work out where the table and chairs and the fridge etc are stored when they're sleeping...on the front seats perhaps?

EDIT: I was impressed with the simplicity of the storage setup...several lightweight boxes under a shelf saving probably 40 or 50kg tare weight on some of the full house metal drawer slide setups available elsewhere...and easy access !

One thing he didn't mention which I thought perhaps he should have, is the (almost) exclusive use of Torx bolts and screws. Calls for something more than the usual collection of metric sockets and spanners, especially if he has to replace a starter motor or alternator...

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:04 AM
Reaction score

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:04 PM
Reaction score
I'm sure they exist. Especially in Germany :).
I don't know about Germany, but it certainly holds true in Belgium. I had to consult a Professor of the Flemish language, and they are hard to find in the States, but I understand that "Jean Mercier" translated into English means "Jeans, for the love of God, please put them on." This perhaps explains why we never actually see pictures of him under his Grenadier.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:04 PM
Reaction score

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:04 AM
Reaction score
I've heard precious little about the actual overland journey Scott has embarked upon here, and I'm wondering if current events and the spin-offs from that are going to require that it be cut short. This article, if true (I know, I know, it's the DailyMail), would make me think twice about continuing: British tourist among three people 'gunned down by an ISIS-linked terror group' while on safari in Uganda.
I asked Scott on Instagram when we might start to see articles / videos of his travels in the Grenadier, impressions, what he loves, hates etc.
He said these wouldn’t come through until the end of the trip.

Asked how it was going and if it was as robust / outback reliable a traveling vehicle as the landcruiser for example, the reply was “Time will tell. So far so good”.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:04 PM
Reaction score
Ge is taking his time and going back and forth. Right now he is back in America.

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The post states: "it has two 120volt outlets available as an option. One at the back of the center console, and a second in the rear load area in the jack cubby. The part that surprised my most was the 2000 watt output (20 amps) and that there are two outlets."

And included a 2nd photo:
View attachment 7826977
This is exciting. It would save some of us one more potential upgrade after-the-fact. AND would keep one more potentially fussy component under the factory warranty for a few years.

So any confirmation that the 2000W inverter is being supplied? As of right now, the configuration still shows only 400W, same as when I ordered.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
This is exciting. It would save some of us one more potential upgrade after-the-fact. AND would keep one more potentially fussy component under the factory warranty for a few years.

So any confirmation that the 2000W inverter is being supplied? As of right now, the configuration still shows only 400W, same as when I ordered.
It's 400w but you do get AA wireless in MY24.

Back
Top Bottom