The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Overland Journal and the Grenadier

f1rst1

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:57 PM
Reaction score
very nice, can't wait to see what plays out!

Reactions: PBD

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:57 PM
Reaction score
It should be a good trip, if you follow his social media accts you can piece together where he is and where he is traversing

Reactions: PBD

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting that they didn’t give it to ASPW in his home patch. I wonder why?
😉😂😂😂😂
I know I'm missing a joke here with the ASPW.... But legitimately Scott Brady (and thus Expedition Portal & Overland Journal) has been a big focus of Ineos for their marketing in the Americas. Specifically because of their clientele. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that he is personally quite a fan of the vehicle and has spoken very fondly of it for quite some time; and he was involved in the filming for the commercial

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
I recall ASPW wanting a Grenadier for his Africa trip, but Ineos was not willing to give him one and he wasn't willing to buy one. So, he settled on outfitting a Land Cruiser with 500km on the clock. It will be interesting to see how both fare.

Last edited:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:57 PM
Reaction score
When you listen to Scott Brady podcast, he starts off saying this has been 4 years in the making. There is a good chance that Ineos and him were having talks well before ASPW step in.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Didn't ASPW start the whole footrest saga? At 1.53.
OH! That guy!!!
When you listen to Scott Brady podcast, he starts off saying this has been 4 years in the making. There is a good chance that Ineos and him were having talks well before ASPW step in.
The 4 years comment was the trip itself, but the vehicle wasn't chosen at that point. Regardless of that, I would imagine the conversation started by last fall when he had the first shot of a North American media test.

Last edited:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
OH! That guy!!!

The 4 years comment was the trip itself, but the vehicle wasn't chosen at that point. Regardless of that, I would imagine the conversation started last fall when he had the first shot of a North American media test.
He was part of a small private group that saw the vehicle at SEMA back in 2021.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
If you get chance, listen to the podcast. Scott and Matt discuss their trip through Africa and get into how they are building the Grenadier. He is starting with a press vehicle Fieldmaster. He talks about his goal of minimal setup and his choices to do more with less.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you get chance, listen to the podcast. Scott and Matt discuss their trip through Africa and get into how they are building the Grenadier. He is starting with a press vehicle Fieldmaster. He talks about his goal of minimal setup and his choices to do more with less.
It is definitely a recurring theme when they get into the depths of chatting about actual global travel. All too frequently the internet makes everyone believe that you can't travel without everything Instagram suggests to you and more. One of my favorite episodes of their podcast in recent times is this one:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CigT6j2m_WY

Local time
Reaction score
Well, ASPW will give an honest assessment of the product good and bad. It's his is opinion, sure, and I don't always agree with it, but it's direct none the less and you get input to consider for your own use. Scott and Overland Journal have a policy of not mentioning the bad. The industry pays his bills and puts the food on the table. Their articles read like ad copy. It's for entertainment only. It was kinda useless so I let the subscription die.

This may explain why he started a Q&A thread on Expedition portal in January, inviting questions, then went completely radio silent.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
Well, ASPW will give an honest assessment of the product good and bad. It's his is opinion, sure, and I don't always agree with it, but it's direct none the less and you get input to consider for your own use. Scott and Overland Journal have a policy of not mentioning the bad. The industry pays his bills and puts the food on the table. Their articles read like ad copy. It's for entertainment only. It was kinda useless so I let the subscription die.

This may explain why he started a Q&A thread on Expedition portal in January, inviting questions, then went completely radio silent.
There is a whole thread on here about ASPW from over a ear ago.
Basically from memory he raved about it and then they didn't give him one to test so he backpedaled and said it wasn't very good.

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
............. Scott and Overland Journal have a policy of not mentioning the bad. The industry pays his bills and puts the food on the table. Their articles read like ad copy. It's for entertainment only. It was kinda useless so I let the subscription die.
I used to subscribe also, and agree that the objectivity has fallen off in the past few years. But for this trip, I think there is no easy "get out" for Scott. Sure Ineos gave him the vehicle (stock Fieldmaster, without dual battery system), but he is fitting it out himself (Redarc suplimentry electrics and lithium battery). Using stock tires BFG, not sizing up! (as this sze is readily available in Africa, fitted to the Hilux))
But he main point is that he is going alone, apparently without a support vehicle.... So this will be an iinteresting test of th Grenadier's "concept".........

Reactions: DDG

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
I missed the bit about going alone. I thought he was also having bikes on the trip so assumed a few vehicles in attendance.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I missed the bit about going alone. I thought he was also having bikes on the trip so assumed a few vehicles in attendance.
He mentioned that Matt Scott is joining him for some portion of it, the mention of bikes was in regards to the Middle East, to perhaps ship the vehicle and acquire some bikes to traverse the KSA.

Back
Top Bottom