The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Overland Journal and the Grenadier

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:22 PM
Reaction score
Hey, the first Grenadier Africa podcast is up:

I'm looking forward to digging in, but holy hell it's a little over an hour and a half long with no chapter links. I preface my following comment by saying this is only a bit of friendly constructive criticism - based upon the few other Overland Journal podcasts I have listened to I think they are fantastic at covering any fifteen minute topic in thirty minutes, any thirty minute topic in sixty minutes, and any forty-five minute topic in an hour and a half.

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:22 AM
Reaction score

I'm looking forward to digging in, but holy hell it's a little over an hour and a half long with no chapter links. I preface my following comment by saying this is only a bit of friendly constructive criticism - based upon the few other Overland Journal podcasts I have listened to I think they are fantastic at covering any fifteen minute topic in thirty minutes, any thirty minute topic in sixty minutes, and any forty-five minute topic in an hour and a half.
View: https://youtu.be/Oc60v07Lx0c?si=UHamawt0XHvnMQVb

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score

And apt and accurate description for many podcasts out there! The "Cream of the Crop" are well done but holy cow do some of the fair-to-middlin' casters take the scenic route to the point.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:22 PM
Reaction score
Scott has recently posted the NAS (North American Spec) Grenadiers "have taller springs like the Africa variants, so it looks to be about an inch taller than the UK unit I am driving."

He also stated the NAS vehicle inverter option is now 2000W (20A).
IMG_0170.jpeg

Link here.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Scott has recently posted the NAS (North American Spec) Grenadiers "have taller springs like the Africa variants, so it looks to be about an inch taller than the UK unit I am driving."

He also stated the NAS vehicle inverter option is now 2000W (20A).
View attachment 7826944

Link here.
Hi Tom109, That's some interesting info on the springs for the NA market. Also the 2000 watt inverter option. In regard to those of us that optioned the 400 watt inverter, I wonder if they are going to upgrade us or just leave it at 400 watts? It seems like it would be better to have the inverter plug in the boot area. DaBull

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:22 AM
Reaction score
Hi Tom109, That's some interesting info on the springs for the NA market. Also the 2000 watt inverter option. In regard to those of us that optioned the 400 watt inverter, I wonder if they are going to upgrade us or just leave it at 400 watts? It seems like it would be better to have the inverter plug in the boot area. DaBull
Is that right? Do the SA/Australian spec vehicles have different springs the Euro cars?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:22 PM
Reaction score
Also the 2000 watt inverter option. In regard to those of us that optioned the 400 watt inverter, I wonder if they are going to upgrade us or just leave it at 400 watts? It seems like it would be better to have the inverter plug in the boot area.
The post states: "it has two 120volt outlets available as an option. One at the back of the center console, and a second in the rear load area in the jack cubby. The part that surprised my most was the 2000 watt output (20 amps) and that there are two outlets."

And included a 2nd photo:
IMG_0171.jpeg

Last edited:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The orginal talks were a 2k inverter than it was knock down to 400W. I think Ineos stepped up with the new Land Cruiser offering a 2400w inverter.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:22 AM
Reaction score
The post states: "it has two 120volt outlets available as an option. One at the back of the center console, and a second in the rear load area in the jack cubby. The part that surprised my most was the 2000 watt output (20 amps) and that there are two outlets."

And included a 2nd photo:
View attachment 7826977
I would like to know where the inverter is located? But perhaps the two 🔺️ holes in the picture are the answer.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Would be interesting to see the loom diagram for this set-up, as I wonder if we may already have wiring in place just not the actual inverter.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
@DCPU i noticed your comment on the overland journal page. What if the new springs fromEibach are now the standard springs in the Grenadier. One set if you order winch and one set without winch?

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The factory inverter option (powered take off) always offered two outlets (but 400W). I believe the 400w inverter was located below the center cubby box.

Inverter is located in the panel left side in front of the jack . The 400w and 2000w inverters both use the same wiring and bracket , you can easily upgrade from 400 to 2k if you want . Price difference for the inverter only is around 1000 pounds .
2 sockets as shown above .
This next bit i am 95% sure about: we all remember an orphan plug at the back of the Gren when @Jean Mercier took his left rear plastic panel off , i believe that is the control plug for the inverter from the BCM .
I have all the parts for the inverter install on order ( including new panels because new panels have ventilation built in ) install guide will be live once i get all the bits . Looks like a bolt on upgrade .

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:22 PM
Reaction score
@DCPU i noticed your comment on the overland journal page. What if the new springs fromEibach are now the standard springs in the Grenadier. One set if you order winch and one set without winch?
I would love to to have the taller ride height from the start.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:22 PM
Reaction score
Another video video is up:

I haven't watched the whole thing yet. It seems to be geared to a walk around of the vehicle and how they have kitted it out, which is cool and all, but I am eagerly awaiting some extended video of off road action, and hope to see it in this vid. There is a short bit where Scott gets stuck in sand because he had not yet aired down. I'm hoping to see more off-road goodness. Back to watching.

p.s. My prior "silver spoon" description of Scott is perhaps best born out by the short bit between around 6:30 and 8:30 where he highlights the Melvill and Moon canvas rolling tool bag with the Triple Aught Design Sail Cloth Bag inside for holding smaller items. I actually chortled. More power to him for having the cash to splash, and it's a great infomercial. I'm all in for Melvill and Moon seat covers, but I'm going to keep my options wide open for rolling tool bags and small bags to hold smaller items. Hello, Crown Royal bag.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:22 AM
Reaction score
I got as far as the tool bag and turned it off. Didn’t think things would get much better from there or we would see much about how the Grenny performed so will wait til we get a travelogue type vid.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bloody hell😳. Scott has done well out of Melvill and Moon. That’s a of kit. I lost count when i got to £1k Unfortunately when your living is financed by sponsorship then a lot of the video is about promoting different kit for various manufacturers. Still informative for a lot of people I guess. There are a lot of very experienced overlanders out there inc quite a few I know who travel around the world with no sponsorship some on a tight budget and basic equipment and others money no object very flash overland trucks.
As for the security and sleeping in the vehicle. Part of the excitement about African travel for me when in National Parks is having the animals come sniffing around your tent at night, sure when sleeping near habitation and not in an official campsite then your more secure inside a vehicle. We all have different preferences I suppose.
I would like to hear about the vehicle in further episodes 👍🏼

Back
Top Bottom