The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Order conversion percent?

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score
Just starting a speculating thread for those of us in NA waiting to convert a reservation to an order in a few weeks/months......

I saw in a recent Jeff Clark video that he says he has 6000 reservations (I assume this is just NA).

What percent of the reservations do you think will be converted to orders when you have to deposit $4500?

I am guessing 50% will be converted when people need to send in $4,500, and because of inflation, a likely higher price for the Grenadier than initially expected, and higher interest rates.

I went thru a similar process with the Bronco and according to one larger dealer about 70% of the reservations (which required $100 initially and then another $500 to order) were actually delivered to the original reservation holder.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:03 AM
Reaction score
Just starting a speculating thread for those of us in NA waiting to convert a reservation to an order in a few weeks/months......

I saw in a recent Jeff Clark video that he says he has 6000 reservations (I assume this is just NA).

What percent of the reservations do you think will be converted to orders when you have to deposit $4500?

I am guessing 50% will be converted when people need to send in $4,500, and because of inflation, a likely higher price for the Grenadier than initially expected, and higher interest rates.

I went thru a similar process with the Bronco and according to one larger dealer about 70% of the reservations (which required $100 initially and then another $500 to order) were actually delivered to the original reservation holder.
I think the lower the reservation and order fee the more tyre kickers you will get and so the less conversion

Dallas_TX_Grenadier

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I would guess 50% conversion rate as well, maybe 60% conversion rate in North America. Total guess. I honestly see the Ineos Grenadier becoming extremely popular in the United States (especially Texas) once they start to hit the road and the general public takes notice of them. I have so many friends that are incredibly knowledgeable about cars (way more than me, go to local cars and coffee & shows/auctions all the time) and as a month ago they had never heard of the Ineos Grenadier. Once they found out, they can't stop asking me about it.

Would be very curious to hear about the EU/Australian conversion rate

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:03 AM
Reaction score
I would guess 50% conversion rate as well, maybe 60% conversion rate in North America. Total guess. I honestly see the Ineos Grenadier becoming extremely popular in the United States (especially Texas) once they start to hit the road and the general public takes notice of them. I have so many friends that are incredibly knowledgeable about cars (way more than me, go to local cars and coffee & shows/auctions all the time) and as a month ago they had never heard of the Ineos Grenadier. Once they found out, they can't stop asking me about it.

Would be very curious to hear about the EU/Australian conversion rate
They are not giving that information out, I asked face to face
Wait until the dual cab ute in cab chassis version hits the Australian market
That is the most popular configuration in Australia

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:03 PM
Reaction score
If you're giving your money to Jeff Clark then you're not getting an order for an Ineos Grenadier. 😜

Michael Gain

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:03 PM
Reaction score

I was tracking that it was $4500 AUD and would be around $2500 USD. Granted I didn't even Google prior to replying lol

Traffic

Reservation Holder
Local time
11:03 AM
Reaction score
I have so many friends that are incredibly knowledgeable about cars (way more than me, go to local cars and coffee & shows/auctions all the time) and as a month ago they had never heard of the Ineos Grenadier. Once they found out, they can't stop asking me about it.

Same. A buddy of mine just canceled his Bronco order now that he found out about the Grenadier. Hopefully he's not disappointed by delays twice.

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Same. A buddy of mine just canceled his Bronco order now that he found out about the Grenadier. Hopefully he's not disappointed by delays twice.

Former Bronco owner here who ordered the first night and went thru all the delays and dirt mountain fiasco.....I am fully expecting (more) delays for a US delivery of the Grenadier. I only recently (Oct 22) placed a reservation so I have mid 2024 in mind for a delivery.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Former Bronco owner here who ordered the first night and went thru all the delays and dirt mountain fiasco.....I am fully expecting (more) delays for a US delivery of the Grenadier. I only recently (Oct 22) placed a reservation so I have mid 2024 in mind for a delivery.
I hope you are so wrong in saying mid 24. I am hoping 1st quarter and as close to the new year as possible.

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I hope you are so wrong in saying mid 24. I am hoping 1st quarter and as close to the new year as possible.
Well I just got my reservation so I expect there are 5000 to 6000 ahead of me for US/NA deliveries. Probably 30% to 50% drop out in front of me. Plus I don't think they have final US approvals yet. They are behind in EU deliveries it seems so I expect further delays. Bronco and Rivian have delays. Ford just sent out an email today asking people with Sasquatch, Hardtops, and Luxury packages to volunteer to change their orders. If they don't they probably won't get their Bronco until 2024. Hope I am wrong about IG but it is a new truck in a new market.

m-j

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Well I just got my reservation so I expect there are 5000 to 6000 ahead of me for US/NA deliveries. Probably 30% to 50% drop out in front of me. Plus I don't think they have final US approvals yet. They are behind in EU deliveries it seems so I expect further delays. Bronco and Rivian have delays. Ford just sent out an email today asking people with Sasquatch, Hardtops, and Luxury packages to volunteer to change their orders. If they don't they probably won't get their Bronco until 2024. Hope I am wrong about IG but it is a new truck in a new market.
I have a feeling that NA orders will all open at the same time, with the assumption that maybe 50% will drop off. The good part of being last is our friends on the other side of the pond will get to vet the vehicles for us (from a consumer point of view) and provided real world feedback.

MJ

Efudd

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I think the conversion rate will be much lower than the 70% of the new Bronco for the following reasons:
1. There was bigger pent up demand for vehicles in 2021 when folks had to make the conversion. This was reflected in the used car prices. This demand has now dropped.
2. There is a nostalgia factor with the Bronco for folks and families familiar with earlier versions. There will be some nostalgia for the D90 and D110 that could be applied to the Grenadier, but not to the level of the old Bronco and certainly not for Ineos.
3. Higher potential for flipping Broncos for a profit in '21 due to demand from #1.
4. There is more of an inflation and recession concern in 2023/24 than in 2021
5. Higher loan interests rates now compared to 2021.

Reactions: BD1

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just don’t know. I think a lot will depend on the reception it gets in the EU and the marketing in the US- especially among niche media and ‘influencers’.

I hope it is around 50, or at least under 100%, because at 100%, that means that flippers and flipping is going on- and the likelihood of higher MSRPs and dealer shennanigans goes up.

We have a recession coming, probably as the next round of deposits for the US is due, but the we should be out of it by the time the cars are here- which I assume is early 2024. We were told that there would be a drive test of production models this fall, which didn’t happen. I am booked hard through April with work and family stuff, so I hope there is a window after that. Otherwise it’s looking like a 2023 Jeep 392, the next 2025(?) 4Runner, and the next Land Crusier.

Reactions: DDG

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
I just don’t know. I think a lot will depend on the reception it gets in the EU and the marketing in the US- especially among niche media and ‘influencers’.

I hope it is around 50, or at least under 100%, because at 100%, that means that flippers and flipping is going on- and the likelihood of higher MSRPs and dealer shennanigans goes up.

We have a recession coming, probably as the next round of deposits for the US is due, but the we should be out of it by the time the cars are here- which I assume is early 2024. We were told that there would be a drive test of production models this fall, which didn’t happen. I am booked hard through April with work and family stuff, so I hope there is a window after that. Otherwise it’s looking like a 2023 Jeep 392, the next 2025(?) 4Runner, and the next Land Crusier.
Feel pretty much the same. Although the vehicle choice is different. I’ve a scratch to itch electrifying a jk……..

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Top Gear review that slipped out today shows a price as tested as 76,000 UK pounds which is about $93,000 US...if I am doing the math correct.

Obviously price and higher interest rates are going to impact the US conversation percent from reservations to orders. I continue to think there will be a large percent who do not covert to orders.

Reactions: DDG
Back
Top Bottom