The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Order conversion percent?

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:10 PM
Reaction score
It looks like it is a Fieldmaster with a base price of 69000 pounds which is about $83,000 US.

With options 76UK/$93K US. From the pics options include white painted roof, 18" alloys, saddle leather, but no safari windows.

So in New Defender range vs Jeep/Bronco range which is about what I expected.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:10 PM
Reaction score
We’ve got a long time before US prices are set and preorders accepted, but maybe I need to give serious thought about plan B (since I already sold my truck).

On the other hand, an Oz spec T/M or F/M starts at $110k Aus which is about $76k US.

Aaaaaaaand, as the lightbulb just flashed, the UK and AU prices include VAT!

Last edited:

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
If the actual price in the UK is in the 70k GBP range; then IA has a SERIOUS problem. In order for them (IA)to grab market share they are going to have to undercut their competition. Humility is not a bad thing. I believe they have built a superior product but a reputation still has to be earned.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:10 AM
Reaction score
How much was the price rise? I’m getting a commercial 5 seat with a lot of extras, snorkel, leather, off road pack smooth pack and a few other bits and I’m only £62k I’m not far off field master spec as it is so they must have gone up a lot? I have to admit that at £70k I probably wouldn‘t have ordered one. I’ll claim the vat back so it will be actually costing me £49-50k..

I’m going to reconfigure it now to see how much it would be now…..

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It looks like it is a Fieldmaster with a base price of 69000 pounds which is about $83,000 US.

With options 76UK/$93K US. From the pics options include white painted roof, 18" alloys, saddle leather, but no safari windows.

So in New Defender range vs Jeep/Bronco range which is about what I expected.
That price is no where near “normal“ Jeeps and Broncos. Sure, the 392 and Bronco Raptor are around 80, but a “regular” Rubicon starts about $50k and between 40-55 there’s tons of super capable Bronco options. They’re not directly comparable vehicles to the Gren but each can be had in out-of-the-box-onto-the-trail for way less than $70 grand.

Reactions: DDG

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:10 AM
Reaction score
So I just checked and mine has gone up by £5k, glad they locked the price in for the early orders!

Local time
Reaction score
The Top Gear review that slipped out today shows a price as tested as 76,000 UK pounds which is about $93,000 US...if I am doing the math correct.

Obviously price and higher interest rates are going to impact the US conversation percent from reservations to orders. I continue to think there will be a large percent who do not covert to orders.
If it's over $70k USD, I'm out. I'll stick with the denali ev reservation for $107k at that price point, or just put my money into a bigger boat with enough left over to buy an old defender to work on instead.

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
That price is no where near “normal“ Jeeps and Broncos. Sure, the 392 and Bronco Raptor are around 80, but a “regular” Rubicon starts about $50k and between 40-55 there’s tons of super capable Bronco options. They’re not directly comparable vehicles to the Gren but each can be had in out-of-the-box-onto-the-trail for way less than $70 grand.
This is exactly right. It’s not a direct comparison. Very different demographic. The UK price stated earlier must have included VAT and inflated erroneously. The price hikes prior to Christmas were somewhat justified based purely on inflation globally. I am not price sensitive, but I didn’t get here by being foolish either. The entire zeitgeist of the grenadier is that it provides value to a discriminating, differently motivated buyer. I think the top gear reviewer was speaking out of his butt about UK pricing.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If the actual price in the UK is in the 70k GBP range; then IA has a SERIOUS problem. In order for them (IA)to grab market share they are going to have to undercut their competition. Humility is not a bad thing. I believe they have built a superior product but a reputation still has to be earned.
I don't see IG competing in the same kind of price/volume market. I don't see them going for 'market share" outside of getting the buyers that really want a back to basics 4x4.

VAT is something that has to be accounted for as someone else mentioned. I think also looking at pricing of 4x4s available in the UK and US and getting an offset would be interesting.

I Still don't know about options, and maybe a mod'd out one will get close to $90, but I was thinking somewhere about 70-80ish for a 'good' one. Outside of the basic 4x4 gear, and the pre-wire option, everything else can/could be added later, especially was more options come out.

Going shopping for a Bronco soon for my daughter, so we'll see what that pricing/availability looks like.

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

That was my point....pricing seems to be closer to New Defender (vs) instead of Jeeps/Broncos

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That was my point....pricing seems to be closer to New Defender (vs) instead of Jeeps/Broncos
Oooooh, I misunderstood you and thought you were grouping the Jeeps and Broncos WITH the Defender and Gren. Makes more sense now.

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We’ve got a long time before US prices are set and preorders accepted, but maybe I need to give serious thought about plan B (since I already sold my truck).

On the other hand, an Oz spec T/M or F/M starts at $110k Aus which is about $76k US.

Aaaaaaaand, as the lightbulb just flashed, the UK and AU prices include VAT!

Good point about VAT! Any idea what this will back off out of the price?

Hopefully we will get actual US prices in a few months but interesting to speculate.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:10 AM
Reaction score
Good point about VAT! Any idea what this will back off out of the price?

Hopefully we will get actual US prices in a few months but interesting to speculate.
In Europe VAT is around +20% (Belgium +21%).
Therefore divide the European prices by 1.2, to have the Ineos price before taxes.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And VAT is 20%?

Back
Top Bottom