The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Order conversion percent?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:55 AM
Reaction score
Correct.

On current exchange rates - taking the Topgear noted price for the test, that would be USD $69,400 plus any applicable US State taxes

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:55 PM
Reaction score
Except for dealer added mark ups which can be significant. We've yet to hear how ineos will navigate that.
At face value (ha), the dealers have guaranteed sales that predates any 'work' or effort that they have done, so going above sticker isn't cool.

If demand is high and people are willing to pay above sticker for it, that is where it gets ugly. Who should 'profit' (really benefit) from the difference between MSRP and actual market price? Ineos because they made an awesome vehicle- but we all backed them for literally years, but frankly at a low 'buy-in' and we could/can get out at anytime. Should the buyers get that benefit if they flip it and sell it for more than MSRP? Or typically, the dealer would benefit the most because they get to buy at contract prices and sell for whatever they have- but this isn't your typical

I also think that the relationship changes as time goes on. Early on, I think Ineos could grab a bit of the extra, with the owners getting most of any kind of delta- and dealers getting little to no extra. After a year, or after the pre-orders are filled, I think the relationship changes with the dynamic between IG, dealers, and what the street price becomes.

So in a way, I want a fairly low conversion to keep the dealers from jacking up prices based solely on that people can flip them for more. I hope that IG doesn't pick dealers that try to force a rate they think will maximize their profits over selling units.

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:55 PM
Reaction score
Except for dealer added mark ups which can be significant. We've yet to hear how ineos will navigate that.

In Greg Clark's US video update in Oct he said dealers will be required to sell at MSRP (at least for initial reservations/orders on the Ineos website). Hope this holds true.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:55 AM
Reaction score
Correct.

On current exchange rates - taking the Topgear noted price for the test, that would be USD $69,400 plus any applicable US State taxes
Don’t forget ro add some dollars for the shipping and road transfer in the USA.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:55 AM
Reaction score
Remember that UK price includes taxes, 20%vat (sales tax) and over £2k in road tax.. so subtract that before adding US taxes..

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Belgian taxes are like this (according to my dealer) for my Petrol Trialmaster:
One time registration tax of 12.600 euro (on top of my purchase price);
Yearly tax: 1300 euro.

Local time
4:55 PM
Reaction score
Most people in the USA don't even know this vehicle exists so I will bet that once my Grenadier starts driving around town there will be lots of questions and orders. I mentioned my reservation to a friend one night and once he checked it out he put in a reservation. He plans to take it to his ranch in Montana. Seeing is believing and that will create a buzz ...in early 24:oops: which should get the reservation backlog up.

Local time
4:55 PM
Reaction score
Based on that it may come in around this then:

76,000 UK x 80% = 60,800 - 2000 road tax = 58,800. UK. Convert to US $ = $ 70,880.

Add shipping $ 2,000 = $ 72, 880. x 8.275% sales tax here + $ 4000 +- Registration = $ 86,160.

Based on other vehicles here like Jeeps, Defender 110 and the new Bronco it seems to be in the same price range IMO.

Let's hope it does not get a big price hike on the 24 model and the dealers don't play any games over MSRP.

Now if they would just let us sign up for a prototype tour near me that would be great. Still waiting for a San Fran or San Diego slot to see it in person. They Promised feb and March but crickets.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Based on that it may come in around this then:

76,000 UK x 80% = 60,800 - 2000 road tax = 58,800. UK. Convert to US $ = $ 70,880.

Add shipping $ 2,000 = $ 72, 880. x 8.275% sales tax here + $ 4000 +- Registration = $ 86,160.

Based on other vehicles here like Jeeps, Defender 110 and the new Bronco it seems to be in the same price range IMO.

Let's hope it does not get a big price hike on the 24 model and the dealers don't play any games over MSRP.

Now if they would just let us sign up for a prototype tour near me that would be great. Still waiting for a San Fran or San Diego slot to see it in person. They Promised feb and March but crickets.
Nearly. The VAT has to be calculated by dividing the customers price by 1.2y like this:
76000 UK / 1.2 = 63333 - 2000 road tax = 61333. UK. Convert to US $ = $ 73933 (conversion rate 1.21 US$/Pound

Add shipping $ 2,000 = $ 75933. x 8.275% sales tax here = 82216 $ + $ 4000 +- Registration = $ 86216 $.

d1rty

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I was just thinking about all this while driving my daughter to softball try-outs. This thread, and the fuel economy thread. As I've said elsewhere, I have a Tundra. Love it to pieces, thing is overbuilt. But fuel economy sucks - maybe 12ish in town, drove cross country and back a couple summers ago and got 16ish for the trip. But she's paid for, bomb proof, and reliable. And highly capable. Would the Grenadier be more capable? At some things, sure - dual lockers and slightly smaller footprint could help in technical bits. Will fuel economy be better? Yes, but not by much, based on official ratings.

I've been in love with the Grenadier since the first announcements. My order date shows as 29 September 2021 and my invoice number is in the 90000200 range. I love all the videos, I love the engineering and the singular vision driving it - that's where truly great products come from, like the iPhone, not from a committee.

But. Pricing is a big but. I fear the waiting on announcing pricing is because a big bump is incoming. Early Euro customers were able to lock in prices before a bump. NA buyers not so much. Inflation, supply lines, exchange rates... Euro is pretty close parity to USD, vaires over time. Dunno.

For me, I'm going to be price sensitive. It won't be a big bump in capability from what I've got (might be a step back on some things like room and capacity). It won't be a huge bump in fuel economy.

The thought that occurred to me is to just keep the Tundra and order a Maverick hybrid to daily (40 MPG!!!?!?!!), and let the Tundra rest except when the capabilities are needed.

I love the Grenadier, and hope the pricing doesn't tank it. But the long wait, which keeps getting pushed back, makes me think the news is more likely to be bad than good.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Belgian taxes are like this (according to my dealer) for my Petrol Trialmaster:
One time registration tax of 12.600 euro (on top of my purchase price);
Yearly tax: 1300 euro.
Do I get that right: If you sell (ok, hypothetical...) your Gren to another guy in Belgium, this guy would have to pay the 12.600 _again_?

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Its being done by IA . This is annoying because I have a private plate ready, but will have to re-register, change the insurance (cost) AND pay for the next set of plates - which the agent will do and charge me for !!!!!!!!!!!1

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:55 AM
Reaction score
Its being done by IA . This is annoying because I have a private plate ready, but will have to re-register, change the insurance (cost) AND pay for the next set of plates - which the agent will do and charge me for !!!!!!!!!!!1
You're not helping us get to 100 pages if you post on the wrong thread. 😜

@Jeremy996 mentioned this:

Back
Top Bottom