The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

No lock/unlock on right front passenger side?

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:15 PM
Reaction score
Is the lock/unlock button missing on the right front passenger side door? Driver side has it.
1000007857.jpg1000007858.jpg

jjncvt

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:15 PM
Reaction score
I noticed that as well. I got out of my car last night and my daughter asked if she could wait in the car. I said just lock the door and there was no power lock on that side. I wonder if that could be added without too much trouble? Interested to hear from someone who knows about that sort of thing.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:15 AM
Reaction score
It’s normal most cars have it on the drivers side, some have on the centre console.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:15 AM
Reaction score
It is fitted to drivers side only. Most cars do not have the feature on both sides. The dummy plate is when the controls are on the correct side as in RHD!
Interesting- did not notice that and have never seen a vehicle in the US that omitted door locks on all doors unless there is a central locking button on the dash like BMW's had for years.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No window locks either. Dog kept rolling the back down
Dealer did tell me for the '24 models in US - even if you lock your doors with remote be sure to walk around AND make sure each is locked. Also, be aware that some are opening on their own after locked and checked. He had a couple customers tell him that - with no fix pending or ETA as yet as deliveries have just started.

Last edited:
Local time
6:15 PM
Reaction score
Dealer did tell me for the '24 models in US - even if you lock your doors with remote be sure to walk around AND make sure each is locked. Also, be aware that some are opening on their own after locked and checked. He had a couple customers tell him that - with no fix pending or ETA as yet as deliveries have just started.

Interesting, first I’ve heard that.

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:15 AM
Reaction score
Interesting- did not notice that and have never seen a vehicle in the US that omitted door locks on all doors unless there is a central locking button on the dash like BMW's had for years.
I checked my 4 Australian registered vehicles. The two Japanese cars have door locks on all doors and window controls (up/down) on all doors but window LOCKS only on drivers door. The two European cars have window controls (up/down)on all doors but no door or window locks on passenger doors. Only driver has LOCK controls on my European cars

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I checked my 4 Australian registered vehicles. The two Japanese cars have door locks on all doors and window controls (up/down) on all doors but window LOCKS only on drivers door. The two European cars have window controls (up/down)on all doors but no door or window locks on passenger doors. Only driver has LOCK controls on my European cars
Interesting - I dont think I've seen a car in the US like that - certainly not safe for anyone but the driver.

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:15 PM
Reaction score
I bet a popular DIY could be a pair of lock/unlock buttons to mount into that dummy plate on the passenger side which just send the appropriate lock/unlock code via OBD2/CAN Bus.

Ha, like I know what I'm talking about! (I do NOT.)

Is it complex to inject a "simple" message like that? Anyways, DIY starts with a dream, don't it?

Last edited:

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:15 PM
Reaction score
Jeez I'd rather the locks be manual only if that's the case.

MickyWadds

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:15 PM
Reaction score
I noticed this morning that when the vehicles locked, if you try to open the rear back 1/4 door when locked, it will act like it's opening and set the alarm off, unlike the other doors, where you push the door handle button to open and nothing happens. Weird.

Back
Top Bottom