The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Remote key pressing lock or unlock- High pitch beep sound

hoohoohama

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:36 AM
Reaction score
I noticed that with the engine shutoff, after pressing lock or unlock button from the remote key, my grenadier makes a very high pitch beeping sound that lasts 5 or 10 seconds. Wondering if this is normal or anyone else noticing the same issue.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:36 PM
Reaction score
I noticed that with the engine shutoff, after pressing lock or unlock button from the remote key, my grenadier makes a very high pitch beeping sound that lasts 5 or 10 seconds. Wondering if this is normal or anyone else noticing the same issue.
Sorry, to clarify are you out of the vehicle when pressing the lock/unlock buttons. It is just you said with the engine shut off, clearly it would be if you were outside with the remote.
I have pressed the key whist inside and it just locks and makes the horn beep and lights remain on as normal.
You can alter what locking/ unlocking does in settings.

hoohoohama

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry, to clarify are you out of the vehicle when pressing the lock/unlock buttons. It is just you said with the engine shut off, clearly it would be if you were outside with the remote.
I have pressed the key whist inside and it just locks and makes the horn beep and lights remain on as normal.
You can alter what locking/ unlocking does in settings.
thank you. I mean when outside the vehicle (engine not running). pressing lock or unlock will trigger a high-pitched beeping sound for about 5 seconds. and then it just goes quiet again. (in additional to the normal click you hear from the door being locked/unlocked)

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:36 AM
Reaction score
thank you. I mean when outside the vehicle (engine not running). pressing lock or unlock will trigger a high-pitched beeping sound for about 5 seconds. and then it just goes quiet again. (in additional to the normal click you hear from the door being locked/unlocked)
I assumed the noise was caused by the LED lights.
LED Noise

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do you think it is coming from the door locks engaging? I just get a heavy " clunk", no buzzing.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:36 AM
Reaction score
Make sure all doors and bonnet are fully closed.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:36 AM
Reaction score
Locking the Grenadier doors also locks the gas filler door. There seems to be some sort of screw drive or servo that spins the latch of the gas filler door.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Locking the Grenadier doors also locks the gas filler door. There seems to be some sort of screw drive or servo that spins the latch of the gas filler door.
So that means a) stand next to the gas filler and lock the doors - if no noise from there, then
b) stand next to the LED lights and lock the doors,

hoohoohama

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So that means a) stand next to the gas filler and lock the doors - if no noise from there, then
b) stand next to the LED lights and lock the doors,
I can hear a clear and short clicking sound when the gas filler door is locked or unlocked, which is expected, then followed by this electric beeping noise that lasts a few seconds from somewhere, not from gas cap or LED lights

hoohoohama

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Locking or unlocking there is a cacophony of clicks, whirs, and servos from the vehicle's inner workings. I'm thinking of renaming it Threepio.
Thanks, It actually didn’t sound like the normal whirs and clicks, it did very much sound like the kind of high pitched noise from LED lights as suggested, (but I stood next to my headlights and it wasn’t from there)

I will bring in my car to dealership for accessories installation next week, will ask them.

Back
Top Bottom