The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New software is now out 11th Sept 2023 (SW0000000364001946)

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:01 PM
Reaction score
I‘m pretty sure I recall someone else commenting on them having the same/a similar issue a few weeks back. Apologies I have no specifics but I suggest you search the forum to find the link

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:01 PM
Reaction score
I‘m pretty sure I recall someone else commenting on them having the same/an similar issue a few weeks back. Apologies I have no specifics but I suggest you search the forum to find the link
The power steering pump was faulty and had to be replaced on @Logsplitter s vehicle

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:01 AM
Reaction score
Thank you for your response,
We were really lucky to be going very slowly on a flat road with very light traffic.
The power steering failure was intermittent as was the reduced braking capacity and the warning lights flashed up different colours.
The car was recovered and taken to Ineos and six weeks later they still have the vehicle so like you I assume it is pretty serious .
Any ideas on what might be wrong would be very helpful 🙂
Hearing this I really feel very sorry for you!

Always difficult to do remote diagnostics, but sounds to me like some electrical failure.
Did you also observe abnormal behaviour regarding battery charge/discharge rates in the offroad/electrical menu? Since I also broke down on my very first drive from the dealer to home, with all (and I really mean all) kinds of warnings and alerts, I would advise to check all chassis ground connections, from the battery/batteries to body, body to frame, frame to engine (which actually is at the transfer case). In my case, the chassis ground braid from the frame to the transfer case was loose at the transfer case, giving totally unpredictable behaviour of most of the electrical systems of the vehicle. The connection at the transfer case is not exactly easily accessible, and that's maybe the case why they forgot to tighten this crucial screw, apparently when the transfer case was swapped (early build, but has the -B extension xfer case).

In my case, tightening the screw (and charging the batteries in regeneration mode with my Victron 30A charger) solved all the problems, and up to now no damage has become obvious. Which is kind of surprising, since heavy ground return current was flowing over hidden paths and control units, especially when turning the steering wheel: the steering pump sucks more than 150A(!), and e.g. the small fan in the bumper was running continuously even when the vehicle was locked & cold, and there was a quite noticeable "electrical smell" around the vehicle (not inside)....

Have done around 6000kms now, and fingers crossed, car is running extremely well with approximately no warnings at all (no software update). Only thing I recognize is a slight smell of coolant, and some minimal coolant loss in the area of the left reservoir with the black cap. But that's definitely not something related to electrics...

I wish you good luck, and, perhaps more important, knowledgeable and motivated people at your dealership!!

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:01 AM
Reaction score
Back from software update today and one new issue noted. Either Derbyshire has sunk under the weight of the recent rainfall or the calibration of the Altimeter has gone wrong. Has anyone else noticed this and is there a GPS reset I can do or do I need to be phoning my new best friend at the service department tomorrow? 🤦🏼‍♂️

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back from software update today and one new issue noted. Either Derbyshire has sunk under the weight of the recent rainfall or the calibration of the Altimeter has gone wrong. Has anyone else noticed this and is there a GPS reset I can do or do I need to be phoning my new best friend at the service department tomorrow? 🤦🏼‍♂️
Same for me, I don't think it was perfect prior to the update but the river is -30 feet which is a give away that something isn't correct. I don't think we have any way to recalibrate it but I may be wrong.. On the plus side I haven't had any error messages since the update which was done about 3 weeks ago.

stuart1927

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
When I got my Grenadier a couple of months back, it already had software update 1946. Everything has been working well, but I have my Grenadier going in shortly to have the (missing) picnic table fitted, additional roof bars and the front door seals attended to. They also said they had a new software update to install and maybe even a further one in a few weeks? Anyone know what what these new updates are for?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When I got my Grenadier a couple of months back, it already had software update 1946. Everything has been working well, but I have my Grenadier going in shortly to have the (missing) picnic table fitted, additional roof bars and the front door seals attended to. They also said they had a new software update to install and maybe even a further one in a few weeks? Anyone know what what these new updates are for?
The full update includes a USB update of the head unit and a much more involved multiple ECU updates which takes a couple of hours. In Australia we have only had access to the small USB head unit update until very recently sounds like they may have released it for Australian cars in the last week. Your car never had the major update, just the minor head unit one.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly same for me.
Camp table still missing ((collected my car on 1 Sept)
Called agent to ask when table coming and when software update will be done.
He said send him an email requesting this info
Emailed agent last Thursday - he forwarded to INEOS
INEOS responded to agent next day saying new supply of camp tables in 2 weeks

stuart1927

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The full update includes a USB update of the head unit and a much more involved multiple ECU updates which takes a couple of hours. In Australia we have only had access to the small USB head unit update until very recently sounds like they may have released it for Australian cars in the last week. Your car never had the major update, just the minor head unit one.
I was wondering what exactly the software update is trying to fix? You mentioned updates to the various ecu's....do we know what those updates are intending to remedy? I'm not aware of anything on my car that isn't working! (other than the door seals!)

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was wondering what exactly the software update is trying to fix? You mentioned updates to the various ecu's....do we know what those updates are intending to remedy? I'm not aware of anything on my car that isn't working! (other than the door seals!)
Not a full list, no some bug fixes, some changes to parameters etc. I know a few things I hope it might improve but time will tell if it does.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What it has solved at least are all the "ghost warnings". I hope the next software update will solve all the "too early warnings": oil change, refuel, etc.

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just had my transfer case replaced (recall on a certain batch number), and I asked about door seals, as mine are hanging off in places.
There’s a new seal design currently being manufactured, which will be ready early next year. I imagine a recall will go out then. Maybe seals will be replaced at first service for older vehicles.

Nguni

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

Always difficult to do remote diagnostics, but sounds to me like some electrical failure.
Did you also observe abnormal behaviour regarding battery charge/discharge rates in the offroad/electrical menu? Since I also broke down on my very first drive from the dealer to home, with all (and I really mean all) kinds of warnings and alerts, I would advise to check all chassis ground connections, from the battery/batteries to body, body to frame, frame to engine (which actually is at the transfer case). In my case, the chassis ground braid from the frame to the transfer case was loose at the transfer case, giving totally unpredictable behaviour of most of the electrical systems of the vehicle. The connection at the transfer case is not exactly easily accessible, and that's maybe the case why they forgot to tighten this crucial screw, apparently when the transfer case was swapped (early build, but has the -B extension xfer case).

In my case, tightening the screw (and charging the batteries in regeneration mode with my Victron 30A charger) solved all the problems, and up to now no damage has become obvious. Which is kind of surprising, since heavy ground return current was flowing over hidden paths and control units, especially when turning the steering wheel: the steering pump sucks more than 150A(!), and e.g. the small fan in the bumper was running continuously even when the vehicle was locked & cold, and there was a quite noticeable "electrical smell" around the vehicle (not inside)....

Have done around 6000kms now, and fingers crossed, car is running extremely well with approximately no warnings at all (no software update). Only thing I recognize is a slight smell of coolant, and some minimal coolant loss in the area of the left reservoir with the black cap. But that's definitely not something related to electrics...

I wish you good luck, and, perhaps more important, knowledgeable and motivated people at your dealership!!

Thank you for your response,
We were really lucky to be going very slowly on a flat road with very light traffic.
The power steering failure was intermittent as was the reduced braking capacity and the warning lights flashed up different colours.
The car was recovered and taken to Ineos and six weeks later they still have the vehicle so like you I assume it is pretty serious .
Any ideas on what might be wrong would be very help

I seem to recall you posted some pictures showing the loose connection on the transfer box and how you solved that ?

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back from SW Update today, all ghost warnings away. Still no engine oil temperature. Did anyone with a petrol engine have this feature?
Car was outside washed and inside cleaned.🤗

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back from SW Update today, all ghost warnings away. Still no engine oil temperature. Did anyone with a petrol engine have this feature?
Yes--> Settings-->Vehicle Functions-->Vehicle Info-->Engine Oil Levels
Car must be levelled, Engine running, Gear in N. It needs more than a minute to show oil levels.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Car must be levelled, Engine running, Gear in N. It needs more than a minute to show oil levels.
and at operating temperature... guess the refill then needs to be somewhat accurate to start with given the dipstick 'is not to be used for measuring oil level' 😶

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No, only on diesel.

Do you mean that this screen also shows oil "temperature"? (Too late to test it know)

Back
Top Bottom