The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New software is now out 11th Sept 2023 (SW0000000364001946)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:54 AM
Reaction score
Just updated at 1946.
It updates 5 ECU and 1 Infotainment.
For each ECU updating, an average time of about 5', more for the infotainment.
Total around 2 hours.
After that, some validations, errors memory erased, steering zero calibration.
Everything went smooth.
Errors completely disappears.
The engine can be started without any voodoo!
Nice, means (probably) that you were present! I hope that I can be present when they do it on my car.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
Nice, means (probably) that you were present! I hope that I can be present when they do it on my car.
I've more chance of winning the Lottery than Hedin letting you be present - and I haven't been buying a ticket lately. Mind if they do it in your presence I certainly will buy a lottery ticket

Reactions: PBD

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
1946 done today. Finally no more bongs and warnings.
20k drive back through heavy traffic so tough to really get an idea but my gut feeling was the Grenny was sounding better engine wise with less vibrations around the 1800rpm but could just be wishful thinking.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hedin send me an invitation on Monday, I get my update on Thursday. Di you also received a mail from them Jean?
I am now (Wednesday 15h40) with them for some other small problems, and will make an appointment for the update.
I had a long conversation with "Arno". I think he understands part of my complaints.
And the two nuts of the stabiliser is because Ineos told them to do it that way, and he thinks this is a temporary solution, and that they will come with a final better solution in the future.
EDITED:
20231004_155457.jpg
😨😱🤮

Last edited:

Brendang

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just updated at 1946.
Total around 2 hours.
Everything went smooth.
Did you notice that when you go into off-road mode, the off-road screen that used to replace the usual speed etc screen has now disappeared? There used to be a screen that showed the torque on each wheel and if you were in pathfinder mode an icon would appear showing you pathfinder navigation at the top. Now gone

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did you notice that when you go into off-road mode, the off-road screen that used to replace the usual speed etc screen has now disappeared? There used to be a screen that showed the torque on each wheel and if you were in pathfinder mode an icon would appear showing you pathfinder navigation at the top. Now gone
Sorry for the delay... Just checked. Everything is working for me as before. Just a little doubt. I read that you own a Trailmaster, so your car has the diff blocks. Fieldmaster offroad page doesn't show torque on each wheel, just temperature and pressure. I know that the complete update also includes a special module for diff blocks (that should be responsible for your problem). One of two things: either the specific update was not done or validated (possible because the procedure is not very simple) or something went wrong. But I understand that if you strictly follow the procedure (even with some voodoo, such as waiting a certain number of minutes after certain steps, etc.) everything goes smoothly and all, absolutely all, the known problems disappear...

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I got mine today.
Nothing to report other than no bongs and odometer has moved. I haven’t had chance to check if the nato plug is working but when I flick the overhead 500 A switch I can hear a relay click that wasn’t there before so that’s a good sign.
Grange Edinburgh had washed the grenadier too, which was nice.
I might have to take it in more often!

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone noticed the way the odometer clocks each mile since the software update? Nice retro touch.
Unless of course it was always like that, but I never noticed!

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got mine today.
Nothing to report other than no bongs and odometer has moved. I haven’t had chance to check if the nato plug is working but when I flick the overhead 500 A switch I can hear a relay click that wasn’t there before so that’s a good sign.
Grange Edinburgh had washed the grenadier too, which was nice.
I might have to take it in more often!
During the update, they asked if my car has the Nato plug and tha diff locks, so I guess that there are dedicated update for them.

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@everyone who has now SW-Version 1946, what tell you the SOC (StateOfCharge) of the battery. My SW is still the old, and the Grenny is loosing in 24h 3% battery, nothing is „running“ and Inside Alarm/take away Alarm is disabled.

Traveling Marvin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just updated at 1946.
Total around 2 hours.
Everything went smooth.
Thanks for the explanation !!
I'm here at the dealer waiting for my update to finish. Now I understand why i'm still waiting.
Really hope the random transmission/powersteering/ECR/... errors will be gone. They are annoying.

I did not have any of the other problems (Compass, heating, AppleCarplay...) mentioned here.
Hope nothing get's introduced ! (knock-on-wood)

Traveling Marvin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hope nothing get's introduced ! (knock-on-wood)
And I had to call it..... of course.

First mayor issue : this software should allow to deactivate the Airbag on the passenger side.
However, for me the option is still greyed out, cant toggle it.
But for me the passenger airbag now displays "Airbag OFF" !!!
Unfortunately, I only noticed it when I had left the dealer.

Is there a trick to enable this menu point (SW xx1964) ?
I was in park with hand-break on, as the handbook suggests. But I cant toggle the "deactivate" option. It stays greyed out and ON (= airbag OFF)
Don't want to drive with the passanger airbag permanently disabled. :(

PS : the error messages are so far gone.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Close button two times pressed
My dealer told me this had no effect on the alarm! (I asked him what the effect of double click was on the alarm system last Friday!)
Did someone test this?
I have to say I got (and still get) sometimes completely wrong information of my dealer that I trust more the information here.

Back
Top Bottom