The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New software is now out 11th Sept 2023 (SW0000000364001946)

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
My dealer told me this had no effect on the alarm! (I asked him what the effect of double click was on the alarm system last Friday!)
Did someone test this?
I have to say I got (and still get) sometimes completely wrong information of my dealer that I trust more the information here.
We all get the feeling @Jean Mercier that going to your dealer for anything would be a complete waste of time….

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:31 PM
Reaction score
We all get the feeling @Jean Mercier that going to your dealer for anything would be a complete waste of time….
Not always, but often.
Usually they are friendly, I am not always that friendly when I begin a conversation, but usually I calm down.
It isn't the fault of the individuals, it is the management!
For them I am also a waste of time :ROFLMAO: ... often ... sometimes they try to get information from me :unsure: ... this means they have difficulties getting information from Ineos.

Traveling Marvin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was in park with hand-break on, as the handbook suggests. But I cant toggle the "deactivate" option. It stays greyed out and ON (= airbag OFF)

And for now apparent reason, the option is suddenly active this morning, after the car was parked for the night.
Handbreak, Automatic in Park -> Toggle option -> Press break pedal for 3 seconds (as displayed on screen) = my Airbag displays "ON" again. :)

Why the exact same thing did not work yesterday evening will remain a mystery.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:31 PM
Reaction score
My dealer told me this had no effect on the alarm! (I asked him what the effect of double click was on the alarm system last Friday!)
Did someone test this?
I have to say I got (and still get) sometimes completely wrong information of my dealer that I trust more the information here.
I'm also very keen to know what the difference is between one click and two. I have always double clicked my cars. Sometimes there was an audible/visual difference, on others none. There is a audible/visible difference with the Gren between one click or two. But I want to know the affect....! Have asked my dealer.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I'm also very keen to know what the difference is between one click and two. I have always double clicked my cars. Sometimes there was an audible/visual difference, on others none. There is a audible/visible difference with the Gren between one click or two. But I want to know the affect....! Have asked my dealer.
You can toggle the audio on/off. Mine is off. I just watch for the headlight off after the double click.

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday my grenadier got the new software (1946) at Matzker. The first installation was creating problems regarding Matzker - but they gave it a second try and it worked!
Its only 24 hours since it is installed but NO allerts, funny indicator sounds, warnings or whatsoever in the last 400km. What a new driving experience ….😂😂
Tomorrow I‘ll try the off-road funtions (diff-locks, etc) and see if this works all fine.
So far I am happy that this problem seems to be solved!
Thanks for the proactive support Matzker Team!

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Picked up my car yesterday with the new software update installed!
Only issue I found was in the “attitude” menu showing the roll and pitch incorrectly. I can be at an incline and it’ll show 0 degrees. Or on a straight road with the roll at 3 degrees.

Anyone else experience the same?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Could someone be so kind and tell me whether I am right or wrong with this:
In my memory I have a picture of a different display mode in the off-road mode. Something on the left side (LHD) of the display similar to the original off-road display which can be reached any time on the right 2/3 side of the display.
When I engaged the off-road mode on Tuesday I couldn’t find this graphic.
Can someone tell me whether I remember correctly?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Only issue I found was in the “attitude” menu showing the roll and pitch incorrectly. I can be at an incline and it’ll show 0 degrees. Or on a straight road with the roll at 3 degrees.

I've got a similar list to port shown when no roll apparent. About 3 degrees out. I'd like to think it's because I dress to the left but sadly no.

1941 software

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Could someone be so kind and tell me whether I am right or wrong with this:
In my memory I have a picture of a different display mode in the off-road mode. Something on the left side (LHD) of the display similar to the original off-road display which can be reached any time on the right 2/3 side of the display.
When I engaged the off-road mode on Tuesday I couldn’t find this graphic.
Can someone tell me whether I remember correctly?
someone else who has had the latest software update reported his 'off-road mode small screen with wheel torque' etc was now missing.

I like that small screen info because it gives you visual picture of which diffs are locked/unlocked etc.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
someone else who has had the latest software update reported his 'off-road mode small screen with wheel torque' etc was now missing.

I like that small screen info because it gives you visual picture of which diffs are locked/unlocked etc.
Ok , so I am probably not totally nuts…
I miss the small display as well. Why would they kill this feature?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Mine does that now, pre software

don't ignore warning ligh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just now did test my cheap Bluetooth OBDII tool with Torque light app.
No error codes on Torque, while my motor was running with on the infotainment screen the next messages:
  • power steering error
  • engine oil level low
The first one is clearly due to my 1939 software version.
The second one isn't!
But even the second one is (for now) still not critical.
We had a total loss of power steering on our Grenadier after being told to ignore warning lights by Ineos customer service. Please take any warnings very seriously!

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
We had a total loss of power steering on our Grenadier after being told to ignore warning lights by Ineos customer service. Please take any warnings very seriously!
That's indeed serious! Was it a permanent failure or did the power steering work again afterwards (ignition off/on)?

don't ignore warning ligh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That's indeed serious! Was it a permanent failure or did the power steering work again afterwards (ignition off/on)?
Thank you for your response,
We were really lucky to be going very slowly on a flat road with very light traffic.
The power steering failure was intermittent as was the reduced braking capacity and the warning lights flashed up different colours.
The car was recovered and taken to Ineos and six weeks later they still have the vehicle so like you I assume it is pretty serious .
Any ideas on what might be wrong would be very helpful 🙂

Back
Top Bottom