The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New GME hands free option for the XRS headsets called the XRS-BT1

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:28 PM
Reaction score
AUSTRALIAN RELEASE

Now I understand why they got rid of a handfree UHF set, replacing it with this little beauty, at a price (AUD200 RRP). I need it for safety and convenience). For once the model name make sense to me. The new unit is for the XRS series of UHF, using Bluetooth and is version one, hence it is called the XRS-BT1.

Announced in Australia today, on sale in mid October 2023.

From the email I got today, look here.

Introducing the all-new XRS™ Connect Bluetooth® Interface Module and Wireless PTT from GME, the XRS-BT1.

The XRS-BT1 is an interface module bringing full Bluetooth® audio connectivity and wireless PTT (Push-to-Talk) functionality to the full range of XRS™ Connect UHF CB Radios.

Bluetooth® audio connectivity allows the XRS-BT1 to wirelessly connect to an extensive range of third-party audio accessories including headphones, hearing aids, and vehicle stereo systems, providing users with new and improved ways to stay connected.

Included in the kit is an adjustable steering wheel clamp which provides a simple mounting solution for the IP67 wireless PTT button and a wired hands-free microphone with a 1.8 metre cable for easy mounting options.

The PTT clamp design provides access to the battery without the need to remove it from the steering wheel, plus, the PTT button can also be removed from the clamp and mounted to an alternative location using the dash mount kit supplied.

1694131177895.png

Video here. EDIT: link playing up.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyr8WZUAu9A

Last edited:

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
AUSTRALIAN RELEASE

Now I understand why they got rid of a handfree UHF set, replacing it with this little beauty, at a price (AUD200 RRP). I need it for safety and convenience). For once the model name make sense to me. The new unit is for the XRS series of UHF, using Bluetooth and is version one, hence it is called the XRS-BT1.

Announced in Australia today, on sale in mid October 2023.

From the email I got today, look here.

View attachment 7826208

Video here. EDIT: link playing up.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyr8WZUAu9A
Looks great and sounds like what I've been after. Thanks. Private video 😓

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looks great and sounds like what I've been after. Thanks. Private video 😓
It allowed me to watch it once, then it went private. I hope it will go public before too long, otherwise the link wil be deleted.

Local time
12:28 AM
Reaction score
so you have a wee remote button for ptt and a little headset which plugs into the mic jack?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
so you have a wee remote button for ptt and a little headset which plugs into the mic jack?
On/off button on steering wheel, mic on pillar - linked by bluetooth to the headunit.

Previous models allowed you to change the channel using the button on the steering wheel, that does not seem to the case on the new model. But I am not 100% sure on that point, as the User Manual is not yet available.

Last edited:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s cool. Should be compatible with mine

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The steering wheel remote from this unit fits the Grenadier steering wheel (just). You can take out the rubber insert, as it is not required. There is a second insert in the clamp arms of the remote.

Now I need to work out the best position to place it. I will start here (see image). I may yet move the remote down to the 7 o'clock position.

EDIT: the button is well placed and easy to get too, it will stay in the current location. GME have improved the remote design from the earlier model I used in the Patrol. The new model is easy to fit and you do not need to over tighten it to hold it in place.

IMG_8910.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom