The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Windscreen wipers won't turn off - control module failure (R104 located in the centre fuse box next to the battery for emergency isolation of wipers)

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:10 AM
Reaction score
Thanks. So my issue looks to be the steering control module I suspect and this is just one of c20 control units

Spaniel

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:10 AM
Reaction score
I am certain that I have read of Grenadier windscreen wipers turning themselves on and the driver not being able to turn them off. I have just had (am having) this issue myself. Did anyone experience the same and find a fix for it (I have tried a couple of times turning the car off and on again without success)? I have a feeling that I have read of this problem on the forum but my search has not turned up where I read it. I have spoken to my dealer and they diagnosed (remotely) that it was a control module failure and that the solution would be the vehicle going into them and a new module being substituted.
I had the same issue yesterday while out. Eventually stopped them by removing the relay R104. located in the centre fuse box next to the battery. At least i could then get home without damaging the windscreen ( fortunately not raining) Vehicle been picked up this morning to go back to the dealership.

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had the same issue yesterday while out. Eventually stopped them by removing the relay R104. located in the centre fuse box next to the battery. At least i could then get home without damaging the windscreen ( fortunately not raining) Vehicle been picked up this morning to go back to the dealership.
Sorry (from your perspective) that you have joined the club. I am guessing there will be more of us

Local time
10:10 PM
Reaction score
If it was raining you wouldn't have had to pull the fuse to turn them off.
:)

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
An update, control module still to be delivered to the dealer so I remain without usable vehicle (now for three weeks). Touchwood some movement this week?
That is pretty ordinary. Given this unit is failing enough for some forum attendees, IA should have a bunch in spare with dealers ready for immediate disperse.

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That is pretty ordinary. Given this unit is failing enough for some forum attendees, IA should have a bunch in spare with dealers ready for immediate disperse.
Possibly the issue is that so many are failing that Ineos stock levels/stock replenishment cycle is not up to the task. Although it is of no consolation, I suspect as subsequent owners encounter the same issue (at least for the next few months) [I note some guy on facebook who has had vehicle less than a week has just ”benefitted“ from the auto always on wiper functionality] they will have to wait even longer!

Spaniel

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks. So my issue looks to be the steering control module I suspect and this is just one of c20 control units
Just an update. I had the same issue and Grenadier has been in the Garage for 3 weeks now awaiting the SC Module and still no date from Ineos as to when they will be available. poor show from Ineos

CB

Local time
12:10 AM
Reaction score

I believe it is time for for the Ineos website to be updated especially regarding "24 Hour Parts."​

"HELP IS AT HAND"​

"We’ve built the Grenadier to last. Tested over 1.8 million kilometres to be tough, strong, and durable. We’re so confident in its capability, we’re offering a five-year warranty.
We’ll launch this year with an extensive service network and workshops to keep you on the move, and get your Grenadier serviced every 12 months. All ensure our exacting standards are met at every turn. Quality partners who really ‘get’ off-road vehicles. All trained and supported by our own technical teams locally and via INEOS Automotive HQ.
We are looking to expand this network to ensure servicing and repairs are never far away. Find your nearest workshop on the map below.
For extra peace of mind, we’ve selected experienced roadside assistance partners to work closely with us to ensure you have the help you need."

"24-HOUR PARTS"​

"We know waiting for parts can be an inconvenient. So we are developing an extensive parts network supported by regional hubs and logistics partners."

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We've already had the answer rehearsed, to paraphrase, that's only an aspiration and only once full worldwide rollout is complete...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just an update. I had the same issue and Grenadier has been in the Garage for 3 weeks now awaiting the SC Module and still no date from Ineos as to when they will be available. poor show from Ineos
Where in the world are you?

What mitigation have Ineos put in place for you, what goodwill have they offered?

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:10 PM
Reaction score

I believe it is time for for the Ineos website to be updated especially regarding "24 Hour Parts."​

"HELP IS AT HAND"​

"We’ve built the Grenadier to last. Tested over 1.8 million kilometres to be tough, strong, and durable. We’re so confident in its capability, we’re offering a five-year warranty.
We’ll launch this year with an extensive service network and workshops to keep you on the move, and get your Grenadier serviced every 12 months. All ensure our exacting standards are met at every turn. Quality partners who really ‘get’ off-road vehicles. All trained and supported by our own technical teams locally and via INEOS Automotive HQ.
We are looking to expand this network to ensure servicing and repairs are never far away. Find your nearest workshop on the map below.
For extra peace of mind, we’ve selected experienced roadside assistance partners to work closely with us to ensure you have the help you need."

"24-HOUR PARTS"​

"We know waiting for parts can be an inconvenient. So we are developing an extensive parts network supported by regional hubs and logistics partners."
Conditions Apply...

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe just too simple, I'd have thought your dealer could have "raided" the relevant SC module from one of the prototype models decorating the showroom as a temporary solution.

Spaniel

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Where in the world are you?

What mitigation have Ineos put in place for you, what goodwill have they offered?
Based in the UK north London. Apart from a small Nissan hire car there has been nothing from Ineos

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Based in the UK north London. Apart from a small Nissan hire car there has been nothing from Ineos
Hi, sorry to hear about your vehicle and best of luck. I am hoping to collect mine, repaired, today, touchwood no further driveability issues. It took just under 4 weeks to get the replacement steering column control module out of Ineos. I didn’t avail myself of a [generic] “i10 type” car and I was not offered a Grenadier

Reactions: PBD

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You have to wonder if faster solutions would be found for your problems if someone's internal budget was being hammered for hire car costs for Grenadier equivalent vehicles...

DrewB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for these comments and links. Your symptoms are identical to mine. Absent fuses being pulled the wipers won't stop if the car is turned on and the indicators etc (ie presumably everything activated by the control stalks) won't turn on! Albeit the positive news is the vehicle (an N1 5 door diesel) will move of its own accord forward (and backwards) it is not in a state where you would want to be taking it on the road - which, without wanting to sound negative, is quite limiting for an intended means of transport. It will be interesting to find out how long it takes to get it back into a usable state
Hi, my new Grenadier developed uncontrollable wipers and a load of warning lights on 2 Oct. Took it to local Ineos dealer who took a week to decide it was a problem with the steering column control module. Three weeks later and they are still waiting for the parts. Has anyone else had this and did it fix it? Also read scary stories about wiring looms. Had the vehicle ten week and it’s been off the road now for four. Ineos UK not being very helpful so far.

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, my new Grenadier developed uncontrollable wipers and a load of warning lights on 2 Oct. Took it to local Ineos dealer who took a week to decide it was a problem with the steering column control module. Three weeks later and they are still waiting for the parts. Has anyone else had this and did it fix it? Also read scary stories about wiring looms. Had the vehicle ten week and it’s been off the road now for four. Ineos UK not being very helpful so far.
You know about me. It took about 6/7 weeks from wiper crisis to get my vehicle back to me in a usable state. As mentioned a few other matters were also addressed. My wipers now work as they should (hopefully I’m not tempting fate) post what I believe was the installation of a new steering column control module. Haven’t heard anything about “wiring looms” but suspect Ineos continue to be low on parts (particularly consumables like steering control modules)

DrewB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You know about me. It took about 6/7 weeks from wiper crisis to get my vehicle back to me in a usable state. As mentioned a few other matters were also addressed. My wipers now work as they should (hopefully I’m not tempting fate) post what I believe was the installation of a new steering column control module. Haven’t heard anything about “wiring looms” but suspect Ineos continue to be low on parts (particularly consumables like steering control modules)
After five weeks at the dealer I now have my Grenadier back. Touch wood all good so far apart from a creaking steering column. Mechanic said it will reduce after some wear🤔. Software update seems to have made a difference to reducing various bongs and warnings too.

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After five weeks at the dealer I now have my Grenadier back. Touch wood all good so far apart from a creaking steering column. Mechanic said it will reduce after some wear🤔. Software update seems to have made a difference to reducing various bongs and warnings too.
Did they replace the steering column control module or was it something else?

Back
Top Bottom