The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Windscreen wipers won't turn off - control module failure (R104 located in the centre fuse box next to the battery for emergency isolation of wipers)

BarnesH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:27 AM
Reaction score
My wipers failed also (along with indicators etc). Got it sorted by Skipton Ineos who were sensible enough to have a module in stock and they sorted it in a matter of hours, so thank you to them. I did try to get the AA to truck it up from London for me but the second the guy arrived the fault cleared and I was left looking like I didn't know how to work the wipers :oops:

DrewB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:27 AM
Reaction score
My wipers failed also (along with indicators etc). Got it sorted by Skipton Ineos who were sensible enough to have a module in stock and they sorted it in a matter of hours, so thank you to them. I did try to get the AA to truck it up from London for me but the second the guy arrived the fault cleared and I was left looking like I didn't know how to work the wipers :oops:
I know the feeling. My wipers failed and fixed themselves several times making me look stupid too. Luckily I was near the garage one day when they failed again so left my Grenadier on their forecourt so they could see the issue! You were so lucky to get it fixed that quickly. Next issue is a creaky steering column - I’ll go to Skipton next time.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
I’ve had this one today… symptoms are intermittent failure of the ESC module/TSA occasionally escalating to headlights on/windscreen wipers activated/no indicators/no windscreen washers/no power steering.

Pulled F103 (wipers) to reduce some of the distraction.

Important to note, and very encouraging as an overlander, that aside from the loss of driver aids and the associated risks (such as having no indicators) the vehicle rolls on otherwise as normal.

We’re within 40kms of an Ineos dealer so hoping to confirm the diagnosis and exchange the malfunctioning relay, presuming this is the root cause. Dealer (Adelaide Hills Motor Group) couldn’t be friendlier and offered a slot in the AM.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
I’ve had this one today… symptoms are intermittent failure of the ESC module/TSA occasionally escalating to headlights on/windscreen wipers activated/no indicators/no windscreen washers/no power steering.

Pulled F103 (wipers) to reduce some of the distraction.

Important to note, and very encouraging as an overlander, that aside from the loss of driver aids and the associated risks (such as having no indicators) the vehicle rolls on otherwise as normal.

We’re within 40kms of an Ineos dealer so hoping to confirm the diagnosis and exchange the malfunctioning relay, presuming this is the root cause. Dealer (Adelaide Hills Motor Group) couldn’t be friendlier and offered a slot in the AM.
Update: required replacement of the Steering Control Module. This is a known (to Ineos) fault. The gents at Adelaide Hills Ineos couldn’t have been more helpful and responsive.

Back
Top Bottom