The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Need help: attachment point of the load compartment grille? (cargo barriers)

Johnny

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,

i wanna use the attachment point of the load compartment grille (cargo barriers) right behind the front seats. I wanna add hooks there for my camping bed. Does anyone know how to use those points? Since I don't have the load compartment grille i can just guess how it works.

thanks in advance!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:22 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,

i wanna use the attachment point of the load compartment grille (cargo barriers) right behind the front seats. I wanna add hooks there for my camping bed. Does anyone know how to use those points? Since I don't have the load compartment grille i can just guess how it works.

thanks in advance!
Hi Johnny
Wish I could help but not started playing with them as yet. I’m sure someone will respond pretty soon.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Currently away from home for a few weeks so not able to take any close up photos of the area you refer to. The attachment points are quite large so I think you would have a few options available to you.

Vote:
Upvote 0

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,

thanks in advance!
Are you referring to the tie down anchors... the "silver chromed" rings which are attached to a backing plate which is bolted to the structure? There are a couple missing from my vehicle where they've installed the cargo barrier without putting them back on the bolt holding the cargo barrier in place... :mad:

Vote:
Upvote 0

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone found out if it’s possible to purchase the Trialmaster fittings so I can reinstate the grill having moved my seats back?

Vote:
Upvote 0

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone found out if it’s possible to purchase the Trialmaster fittings so I can reinstate the grill having moved my seats back?

Vote:
Upvote 0

Johnny

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am looking for the mount points since i wanna use it to mount something other than the cargo barrier there.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am looking for the mount points since i wanna use it to mount something other than the cargo barrier
I take it you could install eyebolt or any other fitting you chose, using the existing female screw threads.

Vote:
Upvote 0

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So although they look identical in all major ways only the Belstaff editions have something called a "Utility Cargo Barrier - Half-height (part number GRA-0A41-001030). For the commercial vehicles it's actually called a "Partition Panel" (part number GRA-7K01-023830):
received_324817336637306.jpeg
received_1049297226451988.jpeg

The only difference appears to be the fact that the former has welded in tabs for the vertical divider:
Good 11.jpg
It also appears that whilst you can buy all the individual parts for the commercial barrier, it's unclear whether this also applies to the Belstaff barrier.

The top fixings appears to be missing at least a spring but maybe also the internal part of the fixing, and the bottom fixings are missing altogether other than the top thumb screws:
Good 10.jpg

It's hard not to conclude that Ineos are keen to thwart you in this endeavour, whether that's deliberate or otherwise remains to be seen. 😒

Last edited:
Vote:
Upvote 0

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I haven’t looked too carefully but pretty sure I can’t refit my SW utility barrier now I have moved the seats back. Do I not need different fittings to secure it?
I’d be interested to see how you achieve this as I’m planning to move my seats back once I’ve got a working solution to mount the utility barrier. It’s possible to fabricate and weld on some new tabs, but I’m hoping that a pattern after market provider gets there first.

Vote:
Upvote 0

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
If not… I am moving my seat in the opposite direction and will be happy to swap the fittings… and purchase the redundant side panels if I understand the project correctly. All I need is the vehicle.

Otherwise I’ll be fabbing something up. Or taking my chances ordering the missing components kindly listed above by @DCPU.

Vote:
Upvote 0

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So although they look identical in all major ways only the Belstaff editions have something called a "Utility Cargo Barrier - Half-height (part number GRA-0A41-001030). For the commercial vehicles it's actually called a "Partition Panel" (part number GRA-7K01-023830):
View attachment 7824431
View attachment 7824432

The only difference appears to be the fact that the former has welded in tabs for the vertical divider:
View attachment 7824434
It also appears that whilst you can buy all the individual parts for the commercial barrier, it's unclear whether this also applies to the Belstaff barrier.

The top fixings appears to be missing at least a spring but maybe also the internal part of the fixing, and the bottom fixings are missing altogether other than the top thumb screws:
View attachment 7824438

It's hard not to conclude that Ineos are keen to thwart you in this endeavour, whether that's deliberate or otherwise remains to be seen. 😒
Does anyone who has fitted the load space divider, ie the bit that keeps the dogs apart, know if its location can be varied? I would like it to be more central so the dogs have the same space.

Vote:
Upvote 0

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom