The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Cargo Barrier in Australia

OzyGrenie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:35 AM
Reaction score
Did the research for 12 months or more, factory half height barrier is my choice. Just started fitout of rear space. Can be fitted behind front seats etc if required. Fits my Off Road or touring or expidition configuration options (as not all trips are the same).

Hope this assists in planning your trips and fitout.

The half height cargo barrier is lighter, and it will also supports a 105 amp hr Lithium battery (flat type) plus other like supporting a 100 ltr water bladder for extensive expedition trips. (This is clipped along the lower frame that easily supports the weight).

I believe the half height barrier is the most flexible choice. Even after the draw system is fitted with a 80 ltr fridge is in place. Still leaves options to remove rear seats replaced with a flat panel (same fixing) for even more storage options.

As always with any off road vehicle, its mandatory to consider weight (for all loads) keeping as low as possible, essential to.also minimise roof load.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:35 AM
Reaction score
Did the research for 12 months or more, factory half height barrier is my choice. Just started fitout of rear space. Can be fitted behind front seats etc if required. Fits my Off Road or touring or expidition configuration options (as not all trips are the same).

The half height cargo barrier is lighter, and it will also supports a 105 amp hr Lithium battery (flat type) plus other like supporting a 100 ltr water bladder for extensive expedition trips. (This is clipped along the lower frame that easily supports the weight).

I believe the half height barrier is the most flexible choice. Even after the draw system is fitted with a 80 ltr fridge is in place. Still leaves options to remove rear seats replaced with a flat panel (same fixing) for even more storage options.

As always with any off road vehicle, its mandatory to consider weight (for all loads) keeping as low as possible, essential to.also minimise roof load.

Hope it helps.
Have you got any pictures of the barrier fitted in the forward position? What does it attach to at the bottom?

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Hope it helps.
I have bad news for you. The half height barrier cannot be moved behind the front seats as it comes delivered. I can't make it work and nor can my dealer or agent. Take a look at the bottom paragraph on page 1.

Attachments

• Service Report 2024 01 03_20240110.pdf
    154.8 KB · Views: 29

RSCS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Since there are no commercially available cargo barriers to go behind the front seats, I have started the journey of designing and building one. I will make it in accordance with the Australian Standard but i won't have it externally tested.

It should be relatively easy. Albeit, time consuming.

I can't bear the thought of doing a desert crossing or the Canning with the seats down and no barrier to stop stuff falling all over me. Never mind what happens if I have an accident.
Hi Andrew, have you made one yet?

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is what I did to make the barrier work behind the front seats. It seems to work quite well. The bolts into the roof are 8mm cup head bolts. I intend to remake it in steel and use 10mm cup head bolts which I have checked and fit quite nicely.IMG_20240307_100806_353 (2).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240307_100736_349.jpg
    IMG_20240307_100736_349.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20240307_100741_837.jpg
    IMG_20240307_100741_837.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20240307_100749_961 (1).jpg
    IMG_20240307_100749_961 (1).jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20240307_100806_353 (2).jpg
    IMG_20240307_100806_353 (2).jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 25

RSCS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Since there are no commercially available cargo barriers to go behind the front seats, I have started the journey of designing and building one. I will make it in accordance with the Australian Standard but i won't have it externally tested.

It should be relatively easy. Albeit, time consuming.

I can't bear the thought of doing a desert crossing or the Canning with the seats down and no barrier to stop stuff falling all over me. Never mind what happens if I have an accident.
Hi Andrew, have you done anything about making a barrier? Michael

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Andrew, have you done anything about making a barrier? Michael

This is the post where I detail what I have done. It works a treat, but when i get time i will remake in steel not the aluminium that the prototype was made of. Note that I do not claim that this complies with any standard, it is just my work around but in my opinion is better than having no protection.

Let me know if I can help more.

Back
Top Bottom