The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas My Vehicle Pre-Order Information

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
Now I'm getting worried.
This thread brings to light a handful of people having this status out of thousands of pre-orders, I wouldn't get worried unless it becomes August...

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:20 AM
Reaction score
Yea but they pre-ordered weeks after I did.

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yea but they pre-ordered week after I did.
From what I can figure between here, Facebook, and my own experience... They aren't following any specific order in updating the website, or contacting people. I placed my pre-order on 6/30 and it was visible on the site within 10 minutes

Local time
Reaction score
This is all I'm seeing. I think it was the 18th I pre ordered.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 10-24-34 Quotation.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 10-24-34 Quotation.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 30

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
This is all I'm seeing. I think it was the 18th I pre ordered.
They are probably logging them in by email arrival. I am last week of June and showing the same thing as you

Local time
Reaction score
I figured I'd just call and find out what's up. A nice lady with a sexy sharp Spanish accent and limited but passable English, long lustrous black hair, deep dark eyes, tanned skin, a wasp like figure attached to long legs, and plunging Vneck blouse exposing smooth round breasts of dangling brawless cleavage, seemed to say everything is OK and its only been in for 15 days and I should see something before the end of July. After saying se saw my order, then pausing and putting me on hold for 10 minutes. As of now it appears stories of the submission date being delayed are true. My cynical guess? They are hand input, behind schedule, and backdating the input....

Some licence may have been taken with certain parts of this story.

Local time
Reaction score
If this is part of production planning, people like me, that opted for things that would need a special run, like a red frame, may be being compiled separately until enough orders justify the scheduling.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If this is part of production planning, people like me, that opted for things that would need a special run, like a red frame, may be being compiled separately until enough orders justify the scheduling.
There's no need to do a "special run" for red chassis

Local time
Reaction score
There's no need to do a "special run" for red chassis
It would be interesting to see how their line is set up for that. Personally, I'm betting the frame color choices will be the first option put to pature as time goes on.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Jean, who visited the factory, has stated that the production line is very flexible. With left and right hand drive models on the line at the same time. Meaning, they are building different country's specs all together, not in runs. Which is how modern factories work.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:20 PM
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see how their line is set up for that. Personally, I'm betting the frame color choices will be the first option put to pature as time goes on.
I thought the frames arrive at the factory from the supplier (Gestamp) ready to go, treated and painted.

Local time
Reaction score
I figured I'd just call and find out what's up. A nice lady with a sexy sharp Spanish accent and limited but passable English, long lustrous black hair, deep dark eyes, tanned skin, a wasp like figure attached to long legs, and plunging Vneck blouse exposing smooth round breasts of dangling brawless cleavage, seemed to say everything is OK and its only been in for 15 days and I should see something before the end of July. After saying se saw my order, then pausing and putting me on hold for 10 minutes. As of now it appears stories of the submission date being delayed are true. My cynical guess? They are hand input, behind schedule, and backdating the input....

I called as well. Pleasant conversation with Nate confirming my pre-order (6/9) and changes to the order via call on 6/30. He walked me through my order and said everything looks good to go. Said I should be contacted in the "next few weeks" for "dealer days" where I may be able to checkout the Grenadier in-person.

Hopefully website will update with my pre-order soon.

Local time
Reaction score
Jean, who visited the factory, has stated that the production line is very flexible. With left and right hand drive models on the line at the same time. Meaning, they are building different country's specs all together, not in runs. Which is how modern factories work.
I ran an assembly line, (20+ years ago, and not for autos, granted) and the pieces came to the line and painting was done in batches before the line. I'm not sure how or why one would want to paint random colors, but, maybe shit is like the jetsons now, I really don't know. It seems onerous without a cost savings. I'm not trying to argue a point, I'm just saying I'm not seeing many red frames chosen, and traditionally, thats an issue. Also, if differing frame colors didn't have some sort of additional work, the cost seems a little out of wack.

Last edited:

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
I'm not sure how or why one would want to paint random colors, but, maybe shit is like the jetsons now, I really don't know.

I could see the Grenadier assembly line featuring in an episode of that cartoon. Maybe not at Spacely Sprockets but certainly at Cogswell Cogs.

Also, if differing frame colors didn't have some sort of additional work, the cost seems a little out of wack.

There's a donation made on behalf of each non-stock frame ordered. Also, someone here thought that the colored frames appeared to be done as an additional layer over black. That would add to the cost as well.

We budgeted for the Rhino Grey mostly because I'm tired of staring up at jet black undercarriages.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score

If she looked like Penelope Cruz - all is forgiven with any hold time....

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Will we get a confirmation email or do we just keep logging in and checking manually?

Local time
Reaction score
My Pre Order Information is now showing on Ineos website after I log in. Anxious still to see how this will all progress and if any glitches or bumps show up.

My pre-order date shows as Jun 27, 2023.

Am I the first?? Ha Ha no way!!!!

Cool, has anyone received an email or just see the information when they log into their account? I guess I should log in at some point.

Back
Top Bottom