The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

My car arrived at the agent. Don't worry - be happy?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:40 PM
Reaction score
Yesterday I "visited" my car at the agent. I have taken some photographs.

You find my comments directly in the pictures.

The first part is just informative.

0050_20230419_121533_UTC.JPG

0100_20230419_131910_UTC.JPG

0150_20230419_131851_UTC.JPG

0200_20230419_115641_UTC.JPG

0300_20230419_122622_UTC.JPG

0320_20230419_122734_UTC.JPG

0340_20230419_122826_UTC.JPG

0360_20230419_123002_UTC.JPG

0500_20230419_124814_UTC.JPG

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I'm of course happy but not everything is as it should probably be.

So here comes the less amusing part.

I am aware of the fact that this is not the final hand over state. And not a single quirk is in charge of my agent as the car has just been delivered to the parking area. But I think I should share this with you to get some opinions.

0550_20230419_125950_UTC.JPG

0600_20230419_113825_UTC.JPG

0700_20230419_114809_UTC.JPG

0800_20230419_121133_UTC.JPG

0900_20230419_131738_UTC.JPG

0910_20230419_131700_UTC.JPG

1000_20230419_112423_UTC.JPG

1100_20230419_112519_UTC.JPG

1200_20230419_120708_UTC.JPG

1300_20230419_120710_UTC.JPG

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
To summarize:

I will of course wait until hand over. Except for the hitch issues: If they mount the hitch ball, the chipped power coating will not any more be visible, and chipped power coating is a source of infinite joy - even if invisible. These chips are absolutely not ok.

This is not the fault of the agent, but of INEOS. When a car is transported here and there, it's no wonder that the traces add up. They should come out of the factory, be put on a transporter and then be brought directly to the agent.

And I don't think a BMW, for example, would ever be delivered like that either. If you look at the new cars there, they are absolutely without any blemish, even if you look with a magnifying glass.

And that's how I imagine it should be with a car costing 80k bucks.

Please share your opinions with me.

Last edited:

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the photos and comments, they are really very helpful things to look out for when my one eventually arrives in Kent, keep the photos comming and also how the bits and bobs were resolved.

The one that stands out for me is the trim gap..

Ta Garry

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:40 PM
Reaction score
I'd say the agent has just deflowered it a little bit.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Some of that doesn’t look great, however owners don’t usually get to see their cars pre delivery, it’s likely this stuff is quite common and is all rectified by the time they are handed over. But a few bits of that looks like the car has not been well handled at all in transport or storage. 29kms on the clock for pre delivery isn’t unusual, I think they get a road test at the factory, plus there is movements around the yard at the factory and onto and off trucks etc

Local time
9:40 AM
Reaction score
To summarize:

I will of course wait until hand over. Except for the hitch issues: If they mount the hitch ball, the chiped power coating will not any more be visible, and chipped power coating is a source of infinite joy - even if invisible. These chips are absolutely not ok.

This is not the fault of the agent, but of INEOS. When a car is transported here and there, it's no wonder that the tracks add up. Tey should come out of the factory, be put on a transporter and then be brought directly to the agent.

And I don't think a BMW, for example, would ever be delivered like that either. If you look at the new cars there, they are absolutely without any blemish, even if you look with a magnifying glass.

And that's how I imagine it should be with a car costing 80k bucks.

Please share your opinions with me.
100% agree with you. While my trucks will be scratched up in short order...it's ME causing the damage with use. If I'm paying for a brand new vehicle, it better be brand new! Zero blemishes. If/when I scratch the ladder, it'll be a story, or a "learning opportunity" :LOL:. When someone else damages something, however, it's not ok...particularly when I'm paying them.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
emax - regarding the various marks/blemishes on your car - I do not believe it could have left the final checking off the l=production line with these imperfectations.

Could they be connected to the transportation to the holding area of the logistics company; Tradisa Logicauto.

Are you saying that your car was transported from the Hambach factory to the logistics company and it remained there for more than 6 weeks?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I'd say the agent has just deflowered it a little bit.

The agent has done nothing. The car was delivered there and brought to the parking lot where it has been standing since then.

I emphasize: this has nothing to do with the agent.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Some of that doesn’t look great, however owners don’t usually get to see their cars pre delivery, it’s likely this stuff is quite common and is all rectified by the time they are handed over. But a few bits of that looks like the car has not been well handled at all in transport or storage. 29kms on the clock for pre delivery isn’t unusual, I think they get a road test at the factory, plus there is movements around the yard at the factory and onto and off trucks etc
I mostly agree with you. As I've said, this is not the final state.

But chipped powder coat is usually "rectified" with some paint - and still a damage. Maybe I wouldn't have seen it, but I'm happy I did.

And scuffs on plastic disappear if you apply some wonder spray. And come back later after a short time.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I suggest a phone call to IA Deutschland in Boblingen requesting an inspection?
That could be a choice. But it's clear that I don't want to snub my agent on the very first occasion.

For the most parts I'll wait for the hand over. However, the matter with the hitch device might require an early response.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would certainly be showing these photos to the dealer and suggesting that this is not what you are expecting, and the issues need to be fixed.
Before you pay for the vehicle - which is roughly two days before pickup - go and check the vehicle again. If they are not rectified then I would hold off from making the final payment.
However, in my opinion these items will be fixed prior to delivery.
That’s what the pre-delivery charge covers.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I would certainly be showing these photos to the dealer and suggesting that this is not what you are expecting, and the issues need to be fixed.

To be clear about my assessment:
  • I will for sure not complain about things which will likely be fixed before hand over. The scratches on the bonnet fall into this category, I think a good polishing will fix this.
  • Same for the rear ladder scratches. I doubt that the lower one can be polished away, but I'll wait and have at very close look at this.
  • The waxed towing lug is not a problem at all, I only mentioned it because I was surprised.
  • But the gaps between the plastic parts are not ok.That's not what Lynn Calder claimed "Quality has exceeded our expectations". But here too i will wait for the handover.
  • The thing with the hitch plate is not okay. This is not just a minor oversight, but clear damage caused by improper or reckless handling.

Aside from the hitch plate and the plastic gaps the individual points are actually child's play. But in total, they are not. It makes on me the impression that this vehicle has not gone through the proclaimed "perfect quality control". The early "Arrival Date" at the transport company contributes to this impression.

And that's just not a good feeling.

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score
I wonder whether the agent noted these issues on handover from the logistics company?

If not then the logistics company potentially has a get out jail card, not that it should impact overall resolution, just who foots the bill.

It's also worth noting that Ineos installed a DeGould digital vehicle inspection system, so should be able to confirm if the vehicle left the factory with these issues (although possibly less so, if it was moved multiple times around the site before being shipped off). Maybe the logistics company use a similar system?

roozkhan

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:40 AM
Reaction score
Doesn't matter whos fault it is, it's not your responsibility to accept a defective product. The body and paint chips appear deep. Even if you ignore cosmetic damage they could be a source for rust in just a few months time.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Regarding the kms my dealer told me that after the software is patched there is a 20 km calibration drive necessary.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom