The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

My car arrived at the agent. Don't worry - be happy?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:25 AM
Reaction score
What in the blazes is this flag thing?? 😱
Surely this isn’t on every IG??

(Thanks for the photos by the way👍)
Only on Grenadiers which don't have a raised air intake - like mine.

Local time
7:25 PM
Reaction score
That's got to be so frustrating.

For what its worth - during one of the many stops in my career I was directly involved in new vehicle handovers - its kind of like the old saying about sausage and the law: you don't want to see them getting made. In my experience, the vast majority of these things typically happen during shipping and moving around the lot, and are rectified prior to delivery. The plastic gaps are weird, but hopefully adjustable.

I would find it concerning if there weren't some km's on the odometer, as part of that job I've taken delivery of many vehicles directly from the factory, still in the wrapper, and the average mileage was between 50-70, so 80+k's. The last time I ordered a brand new vehicle for myself, way back in 2001 (Tacoma Double Cab TRD - was very hard to get the double cab in the US back then, I waited weeks!) and I was so excited that I was there when they pulled it off the trailer - had 77 miles on it. I remember thinking at the time that I would never sit in a vehicle with less miles than that.

If it were me, I would make a list, and take these photos with you to pickup, and then review each one with your agent. The biggest one, in my opinion, is the hitch. That tiny bit of rust needs to removed, and then painted over. Any scratch that exposes raw metal needs to be dealt with appropriately, rust finds a way....

Otherwise, congrats! You're hopefully getting close!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
If the local gas station is 5 or 6 km away, there’s 10 or 12 right there.
I don't really care about the 29 Km. Comments here saying that this is within a normal range are reassuring. Just didn't want one of the rednecks from the transport company went for some pizzas with it.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
That tiny bit of rust needs to removed, and then painted over.
That's exactly the problem of powder coating: painting over doesn't help. The wet crawls under the coating anyway.

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:25 PM
Reaction score
I don't really care about the 29 Km. Comments here saying that this is within a normal range are reassuring. Just didn't want one of the rednecks from the transport company went for some pizzas with it.
Why not. Maybe they left one in the car. You can warm it up then.;)

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After seeing those pictures I wonder if I really want the car to be paid when I see it the first time next week 🤔

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
August 9th 2022. No delivery date yet.
Since I ordered 8 weeks later this one will be even earlier with you than mine I expect. At least until then the people building Grenadiers should have sufficient training and a learning curve..
Look at the fit here (green arrow) on both. Trim gap may well disappear it it's snugged up tight here:

View attachment 7809058
lookin close the gaps there are pretty wide. as I am operating in a quite dusty area occasionally this is a place where dust collects up.. If this appears as works as intended.. I may put some silicone there .. to prevent this..
for certain.. this car is not suitable as a mall crawler. A Louis Vuitton Lady would not just complain but roast Sir Jim.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Since I ordered 8 weeks later this one will be even earlier with you than mine I expect. At least until then the people building Grenadiers should have sufficient training and a learning curve..

lookin close the gaps there are pretty wide. as I am operating in a quite dusty area occasionally this is a place where dust collects up.. If this appears as works as intended.. I may put some silicone there .. to prevent this..
for certain.. this car is not suitable as a mall crawler. A Louis Vuitton Lady would not just complain but roast Sir Jim.
Young man, the Grenadier is not meant to be a mall crawler either! We leave that topic to Christian and Vera.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
Doesn't matter whos fault it is, it's not your responsibility to accept a defective product.
I would suggest it's useful to know. Depending on who's funding any remedial work then different solutions can be presented.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Young man, the Grenadier is not meant to be a mall crawler either! We leave that topic to Christian and Vera.
You call me young.. getting a 6 in front.. in regard to mall crawler.. today I read in linked in some comments on Grenadier.. based on the hard way home video trailer. Many commenters are fearing the Grenadier will end up as a mall toy. Even if so I don’t care. But this interior is not attracting mall crawler type customers. but perhaps some aftermarket companies may find their niche.

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You call me young.. getting a 6 in front.. in regard to mall crawler.. today I read in linked in some comments on Grenadier.. based on the hard way home video trailer. Many commenters are fearing the Grenadier will end up as a mall toy. Even if so I don’t care. But this interior is not attracting mall crawler type customers. but perhaps some aftermarket companies may find their niche.
There’s nothing some square meter of dark Alcantara can’t fix

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought you would be flattered if I addressed you as a young man. We are all not old, just experienced.
I agree with you. I meant I wouldn't classify grenadier drivers as mall crawler types. For me, the Grenadier is not a showpiece or prestige item, it's a working machine. Maybe that's why it doesn't bother me so much if there are minor quality flaws. As I have said before, I think the first scratches will appear within the first few days of collection.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland

I don't think you have a Louis Vuitton Lady at home, and the best vintage by the way

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't think you have a Louis Vuitton Lady at home, and the best vintage by the way
No definitely not.. my spouse is rather Engelbert Strauss, boots.. and she knows how to use a Ruger .357
I was married to one who was thinking she deserved L.V. glad that time is over.

Local time
Reaction score

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Isn't it funny how those things wouldn't bother you at all if you caused them, but that it's super upsetting to see when buying new to know that someone else was irresponsible with it?
As @emax already wrote - when we purchase something that we expect something that is delivered as promised.
No matter what happens after handover.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
29kms on the clock for pre delivery isn’t unusual, I think they get a road test at the factory, plus there is movements around the yard at the factory and onto and off trucks etc
  • But the gaps between the plastic parts are not ok. That's not what Lynn Calder claimed "Quality has exceeded our expectations". But here too i will wait for the handover.
I am quite surprised with the findings of @emax : this is indeed not as it should be!
I never inspected my car in this way, because I looked only at the practical things, but I think my car didn't show any strange damage.

My car (not mine anyway, still not :cry: ) had 18 km on the odometer. The car of @emax 29: that's a huge difference, in %!

But, (and I didn't hear it from my dealer, but read it here and took my conclusions, as I noticed the same paper "transfer case OK" at my dealer): there is a potential problem with the transfer case!
How do you test it: by driving the car! That could explain the excess distance!

Concerning the "plastic parts Gaps" and "Lynn Calder": you should be happy and keep it like this: probably that was the day she worked herself in the factory to assess the quality, and she was happy about it! No quality issues according to her in one of her last communications, like you say! :unsure:
I want that gap too if this is the standard "exceeded" quality! I will complain :cautious:

Back
Top Bottom