The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

My car arrived at the agent. Don't worry - be happy?

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:40 AM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Emax said so. There are things to check and need correction and things to wait and see. A few days earlier I also saw "my" Greni but didn't check it that thoroughly. I do that when it is washed and handed over fine. Of course I will pay close attention to emax problems. I hope everything is going to be alright. I'm sure...

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I only realised this a couple of months ago, will be corrected with some black gaffer tape until a more suitable solution is found.
You are Scotsman, aren't you? :ROFLMAO:
To be honest, I am happy I have the raised air intake, otherwise I would have done the same!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
After seeing those pictures I wonder if I really want the car to be paid when I see it the first time next week 🤔
I don't want to bias anybody. My postings just document the status quo of my car prior to the PDI.

Just go there relaxed, have a close look and take your time (we took three hours). It might be a good idea though, to bring a camera with you.

EDIT: And perhaps, you should as well take your wife with you. Four eyes see more than two.

Last edited:
Local time
12:40 AM
Reaction score
I am quite surprised with the findings of @emax : this is indeed not as it should be!
I never inspected my car in this way, because I looked only at the practical things, but I think my car didn't show any strange damage.

My car (not mine anyway, still not :cry: ) had 18 km on the odometer. The car of @emax 29: that's a huge difference, in %!

But, (and I didn't hear it from my dealer, but read it here and took my conclusions, as I noticed the same paper "transfer case OK" at my dealer): there is a potential problem with the transfer case!
How do you test it: by driving the car! That could explain the excess distance!

Concerning the "plastic parts Gaps" and "Lynn Calder": you should be happy and keep it like this: probably that was the day she worked herself in the factory to assess the quality, and she was happy about it! No quality issues according to her in one of her last communications, like you say! :unsure:
I want that gap too if this is the standard "exceeded" quality! I will complain :cautious:
They probably have a serious issue with the transfer case AND the legalities of driving a new vehicle to diagnose the issue before they are rendering the vehicles as used. Understandable why they wouldn't want to share that info with the public, but the customer should have the right to know what the heck is going on.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Isn't it funny how those things wouldn't bother you at all if you caused them, but that it's super upsetting to see when buying new to know that someone else was irresponsible with it?
It's not funny at all.

As was written before, it's a difference whether I made the scratches or somebody else. If I do it, they have a story, and they generate experience.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
DCI is the common title of a particular (and quite high) British police officer rank: Detective Chief Inspector.

Local time
12:40 AM
Reaction score
Finish of inside the gas cap does not look delicate. It looks pretty sharp, easy to be cut. Is that true?

Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
I don't really care about the 29 Km. Comments here saying that this is within a normal range are reassuring. Just didn't want one of the rednecks from the transport company went for some pizzas with it.
Thats why they ship in transport mode

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After mine has been sitting at the dealer for few weeks now, I finally been able to drive over today.
VIN in the 1900 range. Initial inspection with none of the flaws emax reported.
Quite some pollen und dust all over the vehicle so hard to find any scratches, but ladder and tow bar mount plate are flawless.
My Gren has no fixes to be done. They only need to mount side bars and tow bar.
Only reason for me not being able to pay and drive away is registration papers not being delivered yet.

IMG_7379.jpeg
IMG_7384.jpeg
IMG_7381.jpeg

IMG_7387.jpeg

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After mine has been sitting at the dealer for few weeks now, I finally been able to drive over today.
Quite some pollen und dust all over the vehicle so hard to find any scratches, but ladder and tow bar mount plate are flawless.
Only reason for me not being able to pay and drive away is registration papers not being delivered yet.

View attachment 7809085
View attachment 7809093
View attachment 7809086

View attachment 7809088

The blue with white roof looks good again and again!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7809085
View attachment 7809093
View attachment 7809086

View attachment 7809088
That’s my colour combo, awesome

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
Thats why they ship in transport mode
Is it known what exactly the parameters of transport mode are - I know the principles but the detail?

Back
Top Bottom