The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

My car arrived at the agent. Don't worry - be happy?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:19 AM
Reaction score
My car (not mine anyway, still not :cry: ) had 18 km on the odometer. The car of @emax 29: that's a huge difference, in %!
Percentage yes, but if the vehicle's been parked up at the far end of the Hambach site and driven to and from the QA area for successive campaign work then it probably adds up quite quickly. Remember also the PDI (Pre-Delivery lnspection V1 .1 .5) document makes reference to a 16km road test to be added to the current total.

You could log the current recorded mpg to see if it's more in keeping with be several low speed runs or a single normal cruising speed and see if it's in accordance with the same information from others.

I might have a look at the battery condition on mine, especially as it may have been sat untouched for several months - "Check battery State of Charge (SOC) in the vehicle infotainment unit (Vehicle information - Offroad). Charge the vehicle battery until the SOC is at least 85%."

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score
Do you know if they have these available to fit at the agents?
Tow bar box was in the trunk. Had nit seen the sidebars, but dealer mentioned a shipment came hin and he assumed those were part of it.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The blue with white roof looks good again and again!
.....and again and again!!
That’s my colour combo, awesome
.... and also mine :) In fact, no real other option from the beginning...
EDIT: Only missing white rims. But that will change very soon I guess.

Local time
1:19 AM
Reaction score
I don't want to bias anybody. My postings just document the status quo of my car prior to the PDI.

Just go there relaxed, have a close look and take your time (we took three hours). It might be a good idea though, to bring a camera with you.

EDIT: And perhaps, you should as well take your wife with you. Four eyes see more than two.
This is good advice - not only are 4 eyes better than two, your other person may not have your same rose colored glasses on. I know when I buy a new toy, I will absolutely miss things in my excitement.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Percentage yes, but if the vehicle's been parked up at the far end of the Hambach site and driven to and from the QA area for successive campaign work then it probably adds up quite quickly. Remember also the PDI (Pre-Delivery lnspection V1 .1 .5) document makes reference to a 16km road test to be added to the current total.

You could log the current recorded mpg to see if it's more in keeping with be several low speed runs or a single normal cruising speed and see if it's in accordance with the same information from others.

I might have a look at the battery condition on mine, especially as it may have been sat untouched for several months - "Check battery State of Charge (SOC) in the vehicle infotainment unit (Vehicle information - Offroad). Charge the vehicle battery until the SOC is at least 85%."
I looked into some German jurisdiction on this. The amount of kilometers on the clock to still qualify as a new car is not fixed and tolerance is very high (into the hundreds in some cases). The decisive factor is that the kilometers driven can be accounted for (how ever one would be able to verify that). Be it as it may, two digits seem to be well within the tolerance. I guess, the worst you can do to depress the price of a new car is to buy it.

Hicarus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
To be clear about my assessment:
  • I will for sure not complain about things which will likely be fixed before hand over. The scratches on the bonnet fall into this category, I think a good polishing will fix this.
  • Same for the rear ladder scratches. I doubt that the lower one can be polished away, but I'll wait and have at very close look at this.
  • The waxed towing lug is not a problem at all, I only mentioned it because I was surprised.
  • But the gaps between the plastic parts are not ok.That's not what Lynn Calder claimed "Quality has exceeded our expectations". But here too i will wait for the handover.
  • The thing with the hitch plate is not okay. This is not just a minor oversight, but clear damage caused by improper or reckless handling.

Aside from the hitch plate and the plastic gaps the individual points are actually child's play. But in total, they are not. It makes on me the impression that this vehicle has not gone through the proclaimed "perfect quality control". The early "Arrival Date" at the transport company contributes to this impression.

And that's just not a good feeling.
My guess is that your car left the factory in decent nick - apart from the plastic trim bits. From my warranty investigation days, the chips, scrapes and scuffs are transit damage.
It is normal in the UK car manufacturing industry for the cars to be transported from factory to sale point at the carriers risk. So far as I am aware that also applies in Europe, hence all those BMWs, Volvos, etc., currently at the bottom of the Channel were not lost at the makers cost.
The damage shown in your photos is unusual to the standards I knew all those years back, but are locally repairable apart from the powder coating chips. A dab of paint will not repair powder coat chips as the rust will propagate from the imperfect seal: a proper repair involves heat cured coating. it is usually easier to replace the part.
If nothing else, all those points on a £60,000 car are not acceptable. One minor scuff, perhaps - that catalogue of damage is carelessness. The extra delay in fixing them can only add to the pain caused by all this unexplained waiting.
You have my sympathy.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you Jean. This gives me evidence of the questionable "exceeds our expectations" message, and an argument vs. INEOS as well - should this be necessary at all. (y)

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Tow bar box was in the trunk. Had nit seen the sidebars, but dealer mentioned a shipment came hin and he assumed those were part of it.
Just talked to the dealer. All parts are in house.
Just received the payment request and will have the funds out of my pocket tonight.

Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:19 PM
Reaction score
If the local gas station is 5 or 6 km away, there’s 10 or 12 right there.
Years ago I put my company car into a Ford dealer for service.
I was getting lunch from a nearby shop and when I walked out there was my car with 4 guys in overalls getting out of it to go to the shop.
It was about 5 kms or so from the dealer.
If I had the spare key with me I would have driven it away.

Local time
Reaction score
Trim on customer vehicle think they call it third wave no the ones with no mods out of the factory
Date 19/04/23
Trim Gap jpg.jpg

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't have the @emax -gap (see his pictures above):

View attachment 7809161
OK - but, really - I think it looks terrible.

Maybe I have elevated expectations but, am I alone in thinking that the meeting of these two interior parts is totally unacceptable design wise. - how did this get signed off by the interior design or the interior quality control team?

How difficult would it have been to extend the top section of the rubber floor to the right to neatly and snugly join the seat upright?

Just think of the crap that's going to fall down that opening.

Screenshot 2023-04-24 204100.png

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Trim on customer vehicle think they call it third wave no the ones with no mods out of the factory
Date 19/04/23
View attachment 7809329
That, and the one @grenadierboy posted, in my opinion is disgraceful. Fine for a prototype but if they are production models that’s woeful. I’d expect better from substandard $40k Chinese rubbish I’m sorry. Argue it’s a “utility vehicle” all you like, but that’s just shoddy.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
am I alone in thinking that the meeting of these two interior parts is totally unacceptable design wise.
You're not, absolutely not.

That's poor. But I think the deadlines pressured to sign off on all the questionable, "non-functional" shortcomings to finally get the damn thing on the road....

That's no excuse, though.

Back
Top Bottom