The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Need a new status banner: I got my car :-)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:40 AM
Reaction score
Collected my car this afternoon at Krah + Enders.

And I am happy. I drove 50 km home. Partly in rush hour traffic - stop & go, 30 km was highway. Speed there 100 to 145 Km/h, some minor acceleration tests, driving style rather reckless in terms of economy. Result 12,4 l/100 km. Ok imo, and will surely get better with less experimental driving.

Fan-tas-tic!

No bongs at all, zero, not a single one. The A/C seems to work, however there seems to be some hysteresis, but nothing annoying and maybe a software thing.

For now, I'm very pleased.

Tomorrow we will go to the Abenteuer und Allrad show and return on Friday. So don't expect much more until then, I'm currently busy with other impressions. Surprise.

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:40 AM
Reaction score

And I am happy. I drove 50 km home. Partly in rush hour traffic - stop & go, 30 km was highway. Speed there 100 to 145 Km/h, some minor acceleration tests, driving style rather reckless in terms of economy. Result 12,4 l/100 km. Ok imo, and will surely get better with less experimental driving.

Fan-tas-tic!

No bongs at all, zero, not a single one. The A/C seems to work, however there seems to be some hysteresis, but nothing annoying and maybe a software thing.

Tomorrow we will go to the Abenteuer und Allrad show and return on Friday. So don't expect much more until then, I'm currently busy with other impressions. Surprise.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Surprise. ;-)
Congratulations emax, very pleased you have zero bongs. Enjoy the show.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
2:40 AM
Reaction score
Great news @emax, feel free to review your selected dealer in the link directory. It will help others in the long run :)

Enjoy the show and your new Grenadier.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Fan-tas-tic!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Surprise. ;-)
At least @emax no more sick of waiting for you. And you were waiting quite a bit. That is quite a difference between seeing your vehicle first a while ago with all the chips and chaps and now. At least your initial driving experience seems positive. Wish you best of luck with your Grenadier. In my case I still have to wait..

BTW what about your 2nd one? . I remember you ordered 2 didn't you? - Any news from that?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
BTW what about your 2nd one? . I remember you ordered 2 didn't you? - Any news from that?
Still pending.

I'm not yet sure how to handle this. But I'll update it if there are news.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
Congrats @emax and thanks for teaching me a new word "hysteresis" whose definition - "the phenomenon in which the value of a physical property lags behind changes in the effect causing it, as for instance when magnetic induction lags behind the magnetizing force" I don't even understand. More work to be done.

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
Congratulations! I am very much looking forward to your nuanced review in the coming weeks. Take your time and get to know it. Great that you made it home without “hitting the bong”.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Since we are packing our things for tomorrow, I will write only a short report for now.

They cleaned and prepared the car quite well. The trims look now good enough, I don't know how they did it, but it's sufficient for me. The B-pillar trim is even perfect now.

Two (very) small paint picks on the hood, an INEOS thing, not the agent's fault. We put it in the handover record. It will be polished out, I think. The trailer hitch plate is still the one with the damaged coating, but that will be repaired later. The side steps are on back order, the camping table ditto. Later I noticed that the rubber mats are missing, so I wrote an e-mail to K+E about it in the evening.

The plastic in the rear wheel wells is mounted differently on both sides (one is right the other one is wrong). Even Krah + Enders had to admit that this is strange (i.e. wrong). The issue is that the top cover is in front of the bottom cover on one side and the other way around on the other side (there was already a discussion about this here). This will be fixed later.

Occasionally some errors were displayed (PDC error, transmission error ...), but they disappeared after a short time, without a bong. The TPMS stayed silent.

The only thing that seems to have a few glitches is the cruise control. It did not accept the button presses on the steering wheel at times. But after a few repetitions, it worked. I will wait for the software update. And I couldn't get Android Auto to cooperate. That may be a problem with my phone, but I'll look into that next week.

What impressed me was the character of the diesel's acceleration. Under load, it was a noticeable grunt, music to my ears.

And after 23 years with my W203, which has a really perfect, excellent steering, I have to get used to the Grenadier's steering a bit. The difference is in the predictability of the line of travel I want to steer. Not a problem and certainly a matter of practice - but just different. But the Merc is probably a really strong competitor.

Its an ongoing climax to drive this car. The seating position lets you look down to the rest of the world completely relaxed. And this car is an impressive appearance on the road. My son was driving behind me in his BMW and told me that quite some persons in the cars behind us or overtaking us on the autobahn were looking astonished and apparently had discussions about it and pointed with there fingers here and there to my Grenadier.

And our driveway now looks much smaller than before.

A very nice day I'll for sure not forget.

20230606_205641.JPG

wording

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I tried a better wording ;-)

But "climax" is still the right word. :cool:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I don't even understand.
Simple put, a hysteresis is kind of an overlap between two states of some Kind.

If you have a heating which shall keep 20 degrees in a room, it will permanently switch on and off and on and off around 20 degrees in short intervals to keep the correct temperature. This causes wear and stress on the entire system.

To avoid this, such a switch is usually designed so that it switches (in this example) on at 19.5 degrees and off at 20.5 degrees. So the hysteresis is one degree: from 19.5 to 20.5 degree.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:40 PM
Reaction score
I don't think there are many people who would survive a tantric experience that took as long as the making and delivery of a Grenadier.
Sad The Lord Of The Rings GIF

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
Congrats! Those on lookers probably thought you were Russian invaders!

Back
Top Bottom