The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

More Options

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
8:07 AM
Reaction score

Access Ladder.

Raised air intake.

Gullwing Window (LHS/RHS/Twin) *Not able to combine with Utility window Panel*

Spare Wheel Cover.

Exterior Utility Belt.

Safari Windows.

Utility Window Panel. *Not able to combine with Gullwing Window (LHS/RHS/Twin)*

HouseMD

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Really loving the ladder (almost looks incomplete without it). Hoping for a matching factory roof rack. Would love a 2/3 rack that would just sit along the back 2/3 of the roof and not over the safari windows as an option. That would complete the vehicle for me. 

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:07 AM
Reaction score
I'd probably find the gullwing window more useful than the ladder. It will probably be easier to access the roof by standing on the tyres/bumper.That's what I do with my old Discovery. 

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I also agree about the appearance of the ladder, as it provides visual “balance” against the mass of the spare tire on the other back door. The ladder, even if not often used to access the roof, could be a useful mounting place for exterior items such as a two-way radio antenna, extra lighting, a small dispenser of drinking water, etc.

HouseMD

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Ovrland said:
I also agree about the appearance of the ladder, as it provides visual “balance” against the mass of the spare tire on the other back door. The ladder, even if not often used to access the roof, could be a useful mounting place for exterior items such as a two-way radio antenna, extra lighting, a small dispenser of drinking water, etc.

Definitely on mounting point for a light and antenna (HAM radio in our case - go big or go home - WA7WFH). 

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Continuing the discussion of adding radio antennas onto the ladder:

(Please disregard the first photo). The second (lower photo, with bicycles on the roof) is the only still I have seen that shows extra antennas on a Grenadier. 

Bill
KK6HRW
(GMRS: WQXH544)

HouseMD

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Ovrland said:
Continuing the discussion of adding radio antennas onto the ladder:

(Please disregard the first photo). The second (lower photo, with bicycles on the roof) is the only still I have seen that shows extra antennas on a Grenadier. 

Bill
KK6HRW
(GMRS: WQXH544)

Good eye, Bill.

Local time
3:07 PM
Reaction score
I have a ladder on my 76 series Landcruiser but hardly used it, so I mounted my Maxtrax and shovel on there.  Photo taken in Simpson desert.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I had a ladder on my JK and I used it a lot for packing and unpacking the tent; I'll be interested on the weights of the utility belt as perhaps a step on those might serve the same (or better) purpose; I've seen products for the JK that are essentially fold out steps that bolt to the door hinges. If they can take the weight, that's a handy idea. 

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Paul  OzyExplorer userid=8618888 postid=1330213693]I have a ladder on my 76 series Landcruiser but hardly used it, so I mounted my Maxtrax and shovel on there.  Photo taken in Simpson desert.[/QUOTE]

I love that setup. its definitely in consideration for me, although vertically on one of the back doors also would work with the utility belt. (on a side note I always think of Adam Wests Batman when I read or hear that, kablam)

PL1

Local time
11:07 AM
Reaction score
I'll check out Owl Vans in California -  https://owlvans.com/collections/bike-cargo-carriers - to see what they manufacture to fit.  I want this style of bike rack because in the PNW I don't want to impact the departure angle, and bikes are vulnerable to low hanging branches when they're upright on the roof. 
That would be a really expensive mistake... 

PL1

Local time
Reaction score
I was on the Build your Own website in the weekend, and it looks like the option for checker plate on the front wings has been removed.  The US configurator website.  I was looking to see if anything had been added, I was not expecting something to be removed but it's still early days. 

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:07 AM
Reaction score
PL1 said:
I was on the Build your Own website in the weekend, and it looks like the option for checker plate on the front wings has been removed.  The US configurator website.  I was looking to see if anything had been added, I was not expecting something to be removed but it's still early days. 

Huh... It's still there for me, under Exterior Accessories. Maybe a glitch, take a look again. Not an accessory I am interested in, but they look cool.

PL1

Local time
Reaction score
I'm on the US configurator and I went through all the Exterior Options & Accessories and there's no checker plate in either list. 
Under Accessories, all I see are Side Runners and Integrated winch.
I'm also under the Station Wagon heading but I don't know if that makes a difference.  
It don't matter...  I'm sure there will be many more changes before I have to commit to an actual build.

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:07 AM
Reaction score
PL1 said:
I'm on the US configurator and I went through all the Exterior Options & Accessories and there's no checker plate in either list. 
Under Accessories, all I see are Side Runners and Integrated winch.
I'm also under the Station Wagon heading but I don't know if that makes a difference.  
It don't matter...  I'm sure there will be many more changes before I have to commit to an actual build.

Yeah the configurator seems to have a mind of its own. You can never tell if you are getting new options or loosing them, all the while hoping that its just a configurator glitch. Lol.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Why not have the vehicle Jack and Wheel Brace located within the storage area  now available in the spare tyre on the rear door. There is already a lockable contained storage space available so why not have an insert to that container which securely holds the jack and wheel brace etc?

Local time
Reaction score
I was just on the North American (Canadian) configurator and the 'checker plate' option was available...

PL1

Local time
Reaction score
You're right, but when / if you change your build, checker plate won't appear as an option.  I've played around with various builds and I found the web site has a few glitches. 
Where in Canada are you?

Local time
Reaction score
I haven’t experienced that problem, but every time I login to my saved to build, I have to start from scratch… I’m in New Brunswick, just outside of Saint John.

Back
Top Bottom