The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

More Options

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:43 PM
Reaction score
New to the forum but I will add that the direction the American flag is displayed is of importance to many Americans. So much so that our military uniforms have a ”backwards” flag on the right sleeve. As it pertains to the flag emblem on the IG, the point could be moot in that the snorkel air intake covers that spot anyway.

Attachments

• 73E77A09-903E-4416-A4A0-36784B0B0FFB.jpeg
    73E77A09-903E-4416-A4A0-36784B0B0FFB.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 14

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:43 AM
Reaction score
New to the forum but I will add that the direction the American flag is displayed is of importance to many Americans. So much so that our military uniforms have a ”backwards” flag on the right sleeve. As it pertains to the flag emblem on the IG, the point could be moot in that the snorkel air intake covers that spot anyway.

Ah yes, your fellow countrymen have explained this at length already. Welcome aboard!

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ah Americans :)

It’s a pretty common convention and not unique to the USA. If you see a Qantas plane flying the Australian flag from the starboard side the Union Jack will be printed to the top right of the flag whereas the “correct” position is the top left.

Something about flags not being seen to be going backwards…

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:43 AM
Reaction score
I never thought that this flag etiquette would be from honest interest. But maybe the flag in Germany for some reason is not important in the same way it is for the US Americans.
The point that the German 🇩🇪 is mirrorable without difference might do the rest…

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I'd be happy with no flag. It will offend 1st Nations people and then I'd need to add theirs , then some would be offended as I'm not a 1st Nations person myself.
To avoid confusion I choose not to affiliate with any tribe.

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'd be happy with no flag. It will offend 1st Nations people and then I'd need to add theirs , then some would be offended as I'm not a 1st Nations person myself.
Except, maybe the Tazzie Tribe.

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think you'll find if you get to know a few "First Nations" people you'll find that they would call themselves Australians and that they aren't some sort of mono-borg single minded group that all think exactly the same thing.

I appreciate that you may see the opinions of Lidia Thorpe magnified by the media but there are 10 other Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islanders in our parliament who have their own views, some wildly different (i.e. Jacinta Price).

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I think you'll find if you get to know a few "First Nations" people you'll find that they would call themselves Australians and that they aren't some sort of mono-borg single minded group that all think exactly the same thing.

I appreciate that you may see the opinions of Lidia Thorpe magnified by the media but there are 10 other Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islanders in our parliament who have their own views, some wildly different (i.e. Jacinta Price).
I find it easier to steer clear of the whole issue; politics and religion also. I am tolerant of many views and opinions but choose not to wade in with my own.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:43 PM
Reaction score

I once knew an old Traditional Owner Bloke out there at Port Keats (Wadeye) Northern Terrirory who refered to those like Lidia Thorp and others like her. He was very dismissive of them and simply refered to them as "That Khaki Mob". The same old man also told me how he rescued some downed RAAF pilots during WW11 who only had "machine tucker to eat ".... ie, tinned food.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I once knew an old Traditional Owner Bloke out there at Port Keats (Wadeye) Northern Terrirory who refered to those like Lidia Thorp and others like her. He was very dismissive of them and simply refered to them as "That Khaki Mob". The same old man also told me how he rescued some downed RAAF pilots during WW11 who only had "machine tucker to eat ".... ie, tinned food.
There's a fair few tinned food "chefs" on various 4wd you tube platforms. But nobody has thought of a channel called Machine Tucker Man ;)

Back
Top Bottom