The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Let’s talk CupHolders

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:08 PM
Reaction score
Will the stock center consule cup holder handle a standard Nalgene, Large Hydro, small thermos? One of my favorite things about my Tundra is the size of the cup holder.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They don’t really look big enough to do so, but lots of companies make cup holder expanders.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We have those too, but with removable handles; I don’t use one but my wife loves hers.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:08 PM
Reaction score
Why would I want to be in control of a 2.5 ton truck at 50mph+ with a pint of boiling liquid in my hand???????????
I almost never drink when I drive, unless I am in a traffic jam. When I am on the countryside or in the mountains (be it dirt tracks or asphalt) ... I drive. When I take a rest, I drink ... so the cupholders ... "het zal me een worst wezen" ... that is Dutch for "I don't give a shit" or "J'en ai rien à foutre", the same in French :devilish:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes but it is shit coffee for the most part.
Truth be told, I don’t actually drink coffee at all. If I have a hot beverage, it’s tea, but never in the car. And my wife is an iced-coffee lover and that’s just nasty.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
Yes, but it is shit coffee for the most part.
If your drink Starbucks then you are drinking $hit coffee. I drink iced coffee all the time but I also cold brew my own. My least concern is a frozen crotch if I am in an accident. Much better and cheaper than what you get at a small batch kiosk.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
Yes but it is shit coffee for the most part.
I agree, Starbucks is absolute shit. It's popular for the foo foo flavored latte drinks and whatnot. Almost no one just buys straight coffee there.

Dunkin has fairly palatable coffee as far as commercial spots go, but I prefer roast-to-order (I get whole bean coffee shipped in monthly), ground at the time of brewing, coffee from home. Here's my go-to.

Back to the question of cup holders, I got an expander to hold my Yeti coffee jug

I have bought these for my wife's car and mine, and plan to use them in the Grenny,

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:08 AM
Reaction score
I only drink espresso so it is finished before I could get to the car
I think cupholders are for people who endure urban traffic queues. The only time I ever use them is when waiting for the ferry across to Bruny Island. Even then , 90% of the time I drink it in the cafe or on the shore watching the bay.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
All cupholders allow for a cup of coffee. I am looking for something that will fit a reusable Nalgene instead of having it roll around on the floor, reaching for it and then running head on into an elephant (or a minivan). You guys may never get thirsty when you are on a safari but many people do. I don’t need many, one or two will do, but I am hoping they are big.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:08 AM
Reaction score
I thought the IG was a back to basic 4x4. There are a lot of concerns on this forum that are hair splitting. I hope it is durable, reliable and more comfortable than 89 Landcruiser. If so I will smile to grave. 🤪
Yes but in part it's because we don't have our bloody cars yet!

Back
Top Bottom