The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Less than 24hrs...

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
It's the final countdown and I can't wait for tomorrow ( whatever time in Aussie) for the Configurator and orders to be accepted ?

Is there anyone else wondering whether this milestone event might be delayed or perhaps phased somehow due to Ineos are not being ready?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:08 AM
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of launches failing. 

You never know.

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If tomorrow is a success I'll be a very happy man ?

TnUplander

Reservation Holder
Local time
7:08 PM
Reaction score
looks like they updated the site yesterday but I've not noticed anything significant on the US page.  Hoping they do get it all loaded tomorrow.

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:08 PM
Reaction score
Their Site IT department needs to get their act together. But all things considered it hasn’t been that bad an experience. Just like the vehicle, I see their site configurator as also an early preview prototype. I hope tomorrow they actually demonstrate a quality site experience. 
Even seasoned companies struggle with a quality site configurator experience. The gold standard IMHO is Porsche. They realized back in early 2010s that people love configuring a dream vehicle even if they don’t buy it. It’s one step towards fulfilling an aspiration. And therefore they really built it well. Others like Toyota and Honda still struggle in terms of giving a nice ala carte experience. It’s still very early 2010s like

Local time
Reaction score
Main .com website is down for maintenance, so basically new one is being put up. Cant wait to see what they put up.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
A professional website launch or change requires no more than a minute of downtime. If you got it right, all you have to do is to flip one bit and that's it. The notion that there is downtime because somebody is 'putting something up' seems a bit naïve.

This site was already installed a week or more ago and is being used all the time by a bunch of testers and stressed by load generators. If everything is going right, or they think it is, they change a configuration entry on a server and that's it. The downtimes we're experiencing is likely due to other causes. Server replacement, switch reconfiguration and most importantly cache cleaning and the like. Infrastructure work only.

Anything else would be tinkering.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
And since I believe in Murphy, I think "It's not over before it's over".

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:08 PM
Reaction score
Given that the configurator is only due to go live as from 0800hrs BST (British Summer Time) tomorrow, I suspect the "website servicing" may last till then.

Extract from an IG email:  

NOW, TO ANSWER SOME OF YOUR SPECIFIC QUESTIONS:

What time will orders open?

Once we’ve confirmed the date, the order book will open at 08:00 BST on that day. But no need to set an alarm – we’ll keep open our ‘priority access window’, solely for reservists for about a month, after that we’ll be opening it up to all comers. But rest assured we will send you reminders during the month so you can secure that early build slot.

I’ve been following the Grenadier story since the beginning and was one of the first to place a reservation on 30th September last year. Can you confirm it’s still ‘first-come, first-served' now that you’re ready to take orders?

Absolutely, that’s still the case. We’re holding build slots for all reservists. ‘Hand raisers’ who placed their reservation between 30th September 2021 and 13th October 2021 will have priority access to the first batch of build slots. Those who placed their reservations after then will have priority access to the second batch of build slots.

Non-reservist orders will be allocated build slots after that. All build slots are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis within your priority group and will be held for around one month.

What if I want to drive one before I buy?

That’s your prerogative, of course, and completely understandable. Equally you’ll understand there’s a bit of ‘chicken and egg’ here! We will continue to provide opportunities to experience the Grenadier on our 2B prototype tours, and will have a fleet of demonstrators to offer test drives in from August onwards - by which time we will be building customer vehicles to order.

Consequently, deferring your order placement until after your test drive will mean a later delivery. From August you’ll be able to visit your local retailer and take away a Grenadier for a test drive. Reservations and orders are refundable until you sign the vehicle contract, and we’ll confirm the date when you get a build slot.

Local time
Reaction score
So has anyone seen the configurator in action as yet.. 

MTNDOG

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
It's up and running!  No Prices on the US site as expected, but UK site seems to be working.

MTNDOG

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
  I got this far before it went back down.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
MTNDOG-

I beat you . I got as far as selecting wheels and many interior items before the collaspe!

MTNDOG

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I still have the configurator open on the UK site, but somebody put the steering wheel on the wrong side! ..........now its gone.  On the plus side, when the site is back up, it looks well designed and easy to use.  Lets see how many color combos I come up with before I can actually place my order.  Enjoy everyone, I better call it quits for the night.

Back
Top Bottom