The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Leather steering wheel

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:46 PM
Reaction score
I really haven´t be sure. I liked the idea of a colour. For hunting I thought of a red or green one so that the car is not to visible for the animals (that might be more intersting for me than for the animals :))
My wife opted for green and my kids for red. As the IG is hopefully something to last quite long I have choosen the red one. Fancy me!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:46 AM
Reaction score
I really haven´t be sure. I liked the idea of a colour. For hunting I thought of a red or green one so that the car is not to visible for the animals (that might be more intersting for me than for the animals :))
My wife opted for green and my kids for red. As the IG is hopefully something to last quite long I have choosen the red one. Fancy me!
Children are the most important thing there is. I don't know you but hopefully I will one day. Hunting takes place for maybe 20 days a year. Children are 365 days a year, hopefully for 50 years or more.
Despite popular belief most animals have very poor colour vision

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Despite popular belief most animals have very poor colour vision
Yes, and green and red are the same (probably brown?) for most mammals. A dark red is just the perfekt camoulage... But I haven´t seen many hunters with a red or orange car so far :) .

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score
My Jaguar is a similar red as yours and I love it. But after 12 years I fancied a change. I have ordered the car with non leather seats and will be getting them re upholstered in leather once I get it 👍

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Porsche would always be forgiven for any fashion misstep. The example above was a typical 70s design and in that time high fashion.

Today, we smile.

Thinking about the red Grenadier and taking into account what Dave has written, I think that the Grey/White leather combination with that dark red is a really good match.

I case of doubt: Ask your wife - if there is one.

Happy wife - happy man.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Porsche would always be forgiven for any fashion misstep. The example above was a typical 70s design and in that time high fashion.

Today, we smile.

Thinking about the red Grenadier and taking into account what Dave has written, I think that the Grey/White leather combination with that dark red is a really good match.

I case of doubt: Ask your wife - if there is one.

Happy wife - happy man.
If I asked my wife there probably wouldn’t be an IG😀

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Assuming so, but does anyone know for sure if the steering wheel is adjustable? It looks like there's a adjustment lever in one of the earlier pictures in this thread, but just curious to see if anyone has played around with it during a demo?

Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
Assuming so, but does anyone know for sure if the steering wheel is adjustable? It looks like there's a adjustment lever in one of the earlier pictures in this thread, but just curious to see if anyone has played around with it during a demo?
I saw a Prototype 2B at the Overland Expo in Colorado in August, 2022; there was a tilt adjustment for the steering wheel, but now I can't remember if it telescoped to adjust for reach. Sorry. Anyone know if the steering wheel telescopes?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are you sure about that? I adapted the steering wheel last week for my test drive and I can only remember an up and down movement. But maybe I just didn´t pull.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I can't image there is no telescopic adjustment. In particular in off road driving the driver position - and thus the wheel postion - is crucial.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Surely that level of adjustment is a prerequisite in a modern vehicle, especially one of this price.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I really like the idea of the saddle leather and the patina that would develop. However, the more I look at the black and gray tones, I think the brown/reddish hues of the leather will seem out of place.

Back
Top Bottom