The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Leather steering wheel

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:50 AM
Reaction score
Spoke with my agent for the first time today (he had emailed previously)

I cancelled the rear seat covers (for some reason the fronts were not showing) and changed the steel wheels to the 17” alloys.

I also asked for the saddle leather wheel, however this may be a sticking point as they are in short supply apparently. He had said he will try and add it on but we have agreed that if it is going to delay the vehicle then I won’t be having it.

A shame but but it’s my fault as I have known I wanted it for the last two months at least but only go round to sorting it just.

Apparently mine is being built in Jan and he reckons I should get it at the end of Feb (I have a feb-march delivery date).

He says a showroom vehicle will be there before Xmas although it might not be able to be driven and first deliveries for customers just after Xmas.

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:50 AM
Reaction score
After seeing the saddle leather in Car Expert review and pics, I am more intrigued by the saddle leather option. I wasn't sure if the brown saddle worked with the grey interior. But it looks very good in this picture. It adds character and breaks up the all grey interior. Hopefully I can see in person before making a final decision.

INEOS-Grenadier-Expedition-1.0-0140.jpg

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:50 PM
Reaction score
After seeing the saddle leather in Car Expert review and pics, I am more intrigued by the saddle leather option. I wasn't sure if the brown saddle worked with the grey interior. But it looks very good in this picture. It adds character and breaks up the all grey interior. Hopefully I can see in person before making a final decision.

View attachment 7802628
It is indeed very nice! Maybe I should have ticked that box...

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
The more I see it the happier I am that I went back and made the change. It hasn’t made a difference to my delivery date as the agent thought it might do..

I intend to have the sand colour seat covers in a canvas material and they have some leather bits that a very similar so it should all match in very nicely.

Very much a safari look I think

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
4:50 PM
Reaction score
The more I see it the happier I am that I went back and made the change. It hasn’t made a difference to my delivery date as the agent thought it might do..

I intend to have the sand colour seat covers in a canvas material and they have some leather bits that a very similar so it should all match in very nicely.

Very much a safari look I think
@Shaky: Your seat covers sound interesting and, as I fall for everything made from canvas and leather (like Filson and Croots bags), do you have a source for me?

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:50 PM
Reaction score
It is indeed very nice! Maybe I should have ticked that box...
My thinking too so rang the agent. "Too late bud, it's in production," he said. First I knew of it, still no sign of a contract but I'm not bothered. I want to see the whites of its headlamps before parting with all that dosh. They're definitely making these cars so somewhere there must be a big pound with last minute parts (but not steering wheels which seemed to have become an endangered species) and checks going on, not to mention the changed alarm system. If the replacement ain't as good do we get some money back? Silly question, I know.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:50 AM
Reaction score

View attachment 7802628
It will get darker and darker over time (much darker than the photo) and develop an amazing patina. Only issue I see is the passenger grab handle is less used so will look very different (more reddish) after a year or two than the steering wheel and hand brake.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
@Shaky: Your seat covers sound interesting and, as I fall for everything made from canvas and leather (like Filson and Croots bags), do you have a source for me?

Of course buddy.

Melville and Moon

They have already supplied covers for the IG in South Africa. They do have a UK supplier not sure about Germany though

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
It will get darker and darker over time (much darker than the photo) and develop an amazing patina. Only issue I see is the passenger grab handle is less used so will look very different (more reddish) after a year or two than the steering wheel and hand brake.

That will be easily blended in with some leather oil/wax I hope, as you do have a very valid point there Shopkeep

Local time
3:50 PM
Reaction score
Just as another option, the Carhartt Precision Seat Covers are all canvas, and of good quality. Probably not as popular outside of North America, but maybe worth a look:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:50 AM
Reaction score
I'll just let my wife drive now and again.
My turn to grab the jesus bar , with my often grubby paws.
Not saying my wife can't drive, but she does invoke the lord's son on occasions.

Back
Top Bottom