The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Largest Functional Tire Without Mods

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:14 PM
Reaction score
On an IFS vehicles 35"-37" tires might cost 20-30K!
Or on a modern Sequoia/Tundra 37"s fit with a front level and some fender trimming... I would imagine a LC300/LX600 is in the same boat; GX550/LC250/4th Gen Tacoma will fit 35s with minimal modifications, as they come with 33s; I would imagine 37s are only a matter of time for them as well.

Years ago IFS couldn't run large tires, but that isn't the case any more

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:14 PM
Reaction score
Or on a modern Sequoia/Tundra 37"s fit with a front level and some fender trimming... I would imagine a LC300/LX600 is in the same boat; GX550/LC250/4th Gen Tacoma will fit 35s with minimal modifications, as they come with 33s; I would imagine 37s are only a matter of time for them as well.

Years ago IFS couldn't run large tires, but that isn't the case any more

I have never seen an IFS rig equipped to handle 37s! Other then a Baja buggy that is. Any of those vehicles would fall apart instantly off road shedding axles and IFS parts. Mall Queening is one thing, using it off road is another.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have never seen an IFS rig equipped to handle 37s! Other then a Baja buggy that is. Any of those vehicles would fall apart instantly off road shedding axles and IFS parts. Mall Queening is one thing, using it off road is another.
I understand you have your own experiences and beliefs, but trust me when I say that people have been running 37s on Tundras with lots of off road abuse for years (2nd gen, 2007+ will fit them with about 3" of front lift; 3rd gen, 2022+ will fit them with a level) and don't leave axles or IFS parts anywhere. Feel free to read through their forums and FB pages or YouTube and you'll find plenty of trucks that get regularly used and abused, while also finding plenty that are mall crawlers.

For the new Sequoia (and Tundra), the fitment is even easier (as they'll fit a 35 on Pro trims with no modifications, something that the previous generation needed a mild lift for). One such Sequoia would be Dissent Off Road's that was built last year. While their's certainly has TONS of modifications all over, they certainly aren't required to get the 37s to reliably fit.

Local time
Reaction score
IFS easily runs large tires. IFS is not weaker than solid axle, merely more expensive. Hummers are stock 37's. My lx470 ran 35's for 170000 miles before a cv even started to click a little, and I'm abusive.

Local time
Reaction score
Its true, fitting bigger tires gets more expensive. Gears, lift, so on. However, I believe the IG will prove to be very easy to do. On an IFS vehicles 35"-37" tires might cost 20-30K! But 35s are now the basic, every day tire and most US trails are hard with out them. 37s are great, but 35s are the best all around.
The lx 470 took a 1" lift, that could be achieved with an ahc ride height sensor move with a piece of scrap angle. not including time, 87 cents. I did a re spring and diff drop for the added weight of the all the steel I slapped on.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:14 PM
Reaction score
So I've deduced these are BFG Mud Terrain T/A's and I think they are KM3's? Can anyone else figure the size info off of this pic? Not sure if these are 17 or 18 inch wheels, but I'm thinking 18? And can someone identify the wheel? It looks like no rub, but darn close?

xrr24pf3lrjc1.jpg

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So I've deduced these are BFG Mud Terrain T/A's and I think they are KM3's? Can anyone else figure the size info off of this pic? Not sure if these are 17 or 18 inch wheels, but I'm thinking 18? And can someone identify the wheel? It looks like no rub, but darn close?
The wheel is a Delta 4x4 "Klassik Beadlook with rugged ring", according to this site, it is available in 18x8.5 ET45 and 18x9 ET20.

If I were guessing on tire size, my guess will be either 285/65/18 (32.6") or maybe, just maybe, 305/60/18 (32.4")... These are complete guesses based on sizes the KM3 comes in

Btinnermon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:14 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know if 295/70/R18 will fit without rub. Looking at BFG KO2. Believe these are 34.2 Inches dia and 12 inches wide.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone know if 295/70/R18 will fit without rub. Looking at BFG KO2. Believe these are 34.2 Inches dia and 12 inches wide.
Ooof, 295/70/18 is a big tire for stock suspension. In normal cruising around town you may be ok depending on the offset and width of the wheel; but flexed off road it almost certainly will rub

Local time
Reaction score
No lift in this photo, but it will soon have the springs that Owl sells.
The proportions on this look perfect. With more lift the tires would look undersized. The Grenadier is not a vehicle that will look good with large amounts of fender gap, the likes of which is so often seen on Jeep Wranglers.

If they rub I would simply extend the bump stops a bit and massage the fender liners as needed.

Local time
Reaction score
No lift in this photo, but it will soon have the springs that Owl sells.
to clarify; these are 285/75r17, without lift springs or other clearance mods?
how much clearance do you have if they dont rub? it looks like youve been able to drive out to something bumpy enough
This is the size of nokian outpost nAT im hoping to get but not expecting my truck until may/june.
Truck looks great.

Local time
11:14 AM
Reaction score
to clarify; these are 285/75r17, without lift springs or other clearance mods?
how much clearance do you have if they dont rub? it looks like youve been able to drive out to something bumpy enough
This is the size of nokian outpost nAT im hoping to get but not expecting my truck until may/june.
Truck looks great.
Lifted with the Eibach springs that Owl sells

Attachments

• IMG_9102.png
    IMG_9102.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 103

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Lifted with the Eibach springs that Owl sells
Were you by chance the other customer test vehicle for the springs? I only ask because of the Eibach sticker on the side of the vehicle

Back
Top Bottom