The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Land Rover Owner International - Ineos Grenadier road test (UK)

My subscription copy of LROi landed this morning, Website. For your delectation.......

LROi April 2023 Issue 4 Ineos Grenadier.jpg
LROi April 2023 Issue 4 Ineos Grenadier 1.jpg
LROi April 2023 Issue 4 Ineos Grenadier 2.jpg
LROi April 2023 Issue 4 Ineos Grenadier 3.jpg
LROi April 2023 Issue 4 Ineos Grenadier2.jpg
LROi April 2023 Issue 4 Ineos Grenadier2 1.jpg

LROi April 2023 Issue 4 Ineos Grenadier 4.jpg

LROi April 2023 Issue 4 Ineos Grenadier 5.jpg

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:10 AM
Reaction score
I enjoyed that article. I must admit I thought a Landrover Owner International article would be disparaging towards the Grenadier , but not at all. was all very positive.
Many of the reviews including this one comment on how smooth the petrol engine is. Which gives me confidence that I’ve made the right choice for my use case.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:10 AM
Reaction score

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I enjoyed that article. I must admit I thought a Landrover Owner International article would be disparaging towards the Grenadier , but not at all. was all very positive.
Many of the reviews including this one comment on how smooth the petrol engine is. Which gives me confidence that I’ve made the right choice for my use case.
The author “got it” and reviewed the Gren for what it is.. Enjoyed reading..

Chris

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that, it’s good review from someone who’s used to this type of vehicle 👍
why the reference to corbeau seats though?

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that, it’s good review from someone who’s used to this type of vehicle 👍
why the reference to corbeau seats though?

Sounds good and is British..the seats are not Corbeau but Recaro. C. is synonymous with bucket seats amongst motoring folk in the UK.

I like the bit about the steering "where the colleagues have some getting used to"..In half a sentence, John Pearson politely brushes away all that nonsensical talk about rack and pinion on a 4x4.

MOT visits in a few years time will be interesting though. Younger inspectors are unfamiliar with rcb steerings, demanding to have the play around the centre adjusted/removed. Beware ! If you follow him, you'll ruin your steering rack. An rcb steering is required to have a little play around the centre. Guess it'll be best to let your dealer sort that, if you don't have your own, trusted MOT inspector.

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Very enjoyable read. Good man.

Corbeau seats?
What extra underneath protection?
I’m presuming he is referring to extra aftermarket protection plates and diff guards. 🤔

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Great review. As others have said, very interesting that the reviewer (someone with off-road experience and mechanical knowledge) had nothing bad to say about the steering.

Read any Jeep wrangler review and they make out the steering is like a Spanish warship from the 1400's. I lived with one for 9 years, had numerous 12 hour stints behind the wheel, and found it perfectly fine.

Another positive impression of the Grenadier!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I don't think he's an LRO with a focus on 'LR', but rather a 4x4O with a focus on '4x4'. With his Defenders, he just rated the original Defender as the best off-roader there was at the time, and now he just does the same thing.

And that's just what comes out of it. (y)

Back
Top Bottom