The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build Thread @Jean Mercier Build thread

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:36 PM
Reaction score
Where do you shower?
In the car, passenger seat, safari window open while it's raining, there is a plug to drain the water, pissing is in the driver's seat, also another plug, separating waste water according to the substance. I can do this while driving.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:36 AM
Reaction score
Pictures say more than words, but although I prefer to sleep in my tent, I found a solution to sleep in my car, without dismounting the rear seat.
I bought (for my tent) a Coleman Maxi Comfort inflatable bed, dimensions 198 x 82 x 22 cm, and this is prefect for the inside of the Grenadier!
The other thing I have are 4 "ratchet straps" and some luggage to fill some "holes".
The smaller passenger seat isn't clapped down, and serves as "side step" for the bed, therefore this solution is suitable for one person.
See the pictures. I didn't test it in real life yet.

View attachment 7814636
View attachment 7814637
View attachment 7814638View attachment 7814639View attachment 7814640
probably emergency only or it's raining so much - not possible to erect tent and stay reasonably dry?

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:36 PM
Reaction score
Could one of the rear seat backs be fitted with a ‘quick release’, so that it could be temporarily removed to leave a flat surface for sleeping (assuming that the battery compartment could be protected)?

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:36 PM
Reaction score
Pictures say more than words, but although I prefer to sleep in my tent, I found a solution to sleep in my car, without dismounting the rear seat.
I bought (for my tent) a Coleman Maxi Comfort inflatable bed, dimensions 198 x 82 x 22 cm, and this is prefect for the inside of the Grenadier!
The other thing I have are 4 "ratchet straps" and some luggage to fill some "holes".
The smaller passenger seat isn't clapped down, and serves as "side step" for the bed, therefore this solution is suitable for one person.
See the pictures. I didn't test it in real life yet.

View attachment 7814636
View attachment 7814637
View attachment 7814638View attachment 7814639View attachment 7814640
Jean, just get a waterproof sleeping bag like mine for carp fishing, a thin blow up mattress and get on the roof 🤣

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Some moderator moved some of my posts in a "Build Thread", therefore let's post something that I modified, already in January, when my right hand rear trim was removed.

20240110_221158.jpg
20240110_222038.jpg

I use the space under the removable cap to place some "emergency material", like duct tape and some other stuff.

Fab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Some moderator moved some of my posts in a "Build Thread", therefore let's post something that I modified, already in January, when my right hand rear trim was removed.

View attachment 7852636
View attachment 7852637

I use the space under the removable cap to place some "emergency material", like duct tape and some other stuff.
So the duct tape is in one of the bottles?
How long has „mag weg“ been waiting to go to to the bin?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As I want to do some longer trips of 4 or 5 weeks in some countries with “nice Grenadier roads”, and want to have navigation even off-line (downloaded maps) I bought a tablet and a tablet holder as an extension to the cup holder, 20 euro on Ali Express.

20240424_163123.jpg

Not bad, fits perfectly, but takes so much space, is so visible, will wobble quite a lot when on bad roads, …

Notice that I don’t have the seat heating system in my car, therefore the front control panel has two empty places. Some people used this to put a phone holder on it!

I took an old suction cup (from an old navigation system of my wife), and saw that the ball had exactly the same diameter as the ball on my table holder. I checked if the suction capacity was good enough for holding the tablet: yes, but not long enough.

20240425_145138.jpg

I dismounted the mechanism of the suction cup …

20240425_145228.jpg

And did cut a square piece out of a plastic sheet, made some holes in it …

20240425_145318.jpg

Found some screws in my box, from which the thread matched the original thread of the decoration screws of the front control panel. I did cut them to the right length …

20240425_152610.jpg

Took out the 4 original screws of the upper right hand empty square of the control panel, and mounted the whole modified suction cup in this location.

20240425_171054.jpg

And did put the tablet holder part of my Ali Express “cup holder/tablet holder” on my “new invention”.

20240425_170732.jpg

20240425_155751.jpg

It is not my intention to have my tablet mounted the whole time, only when travelling “in the wild”. Therefore, I don’t bother that some of my dashboard buttons aren’t very visible anymore.

Again, I got part of my inspiration from other posters on this forum! Thanks for that.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:36 PM
Reaction score
As I want to do some longer trips of 4 or 5 weeks in some countries with “nice Grenadier roads”, and want to have navigation even off-line (downloaded maps) I bought a tablet and a tablet holder as an extension to the cup holder, 20 euro on Ali Express.

View attachment 7854612

Not bad, fits perfectly, but takes so much space, is so visible, will wobble quite a lot when on bad roads, …

Notice that I don’t have the seat heating system in my car, therefore the front control panel has two empty places. Some people used this to put a phone holder on it!

I took an old suction cup (from an old navigation system of my wife), and saw that the ball had exactly the same diameter as the ball on my table holder. I checked if the suction capacity was good enough for holding the tablet: yes, but not long enough.

View attachment 7854613

I dismounted the mechanism of the suction cup …

View attachment 7854614

And did cut a square piece out of a plastic sheet, made some holes in it …

View attachment 7854615

Found some screws in my box, from which the thread matched the original thread of the decoration screws of the front control panel. I did cut them to the right length …

View attachment 7854616

Took out the 4 original screws of the upper right hand empty square of the control panel, and mounted the whole modified suction cup in this location.

View attachment 7854617

And did put the tablet holder part of my Ali Express “cup holder/tablet holder” on my “new invention”.

View attachment 7854618

View attachment 7854619

It is not my intention to have my tablet mounted the whole time, only when travelling “in the wild”. Therefore, I don’t bother that some of my dashboard buttons aren’t very visible anymore.

Again, I got part of my inspiration from other posters on this forum! Thanks for that.
Inspired Jean, top work.

One question, the whistle on your keyfob, are you a referee or woodsman (faller?)

Back
Top Bottom