The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Into production

MRO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:16 AM
Reaction score
I am in the same boat as many others. Delivery date of Feb/March was told by my agent It was down for being built in Jan for delivery end of Feb.

Not seen any sign of a contract and not holding much hope out either. I will be walking into my agents on Friday morning for a face to face and to see what I am dealing with.

No blame game at the minute but if I get the hint of waffle and BS I will be switching.
Likewise advised January build for Feb/March delivery. Contract signed Nov UK. Not sure why the contract said by 01/02/2023 as that would always have appeared unrealistic.

Mystified why no general update video as promised given there would seem to be good news on production to show.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:16 PM
Reaction score
I realise that companies do not usually publicize problems or difficulties that they face, especially car companies.

However, right from the start, INEOS decided to pursue a marketing policy of transparency so that customers could follow their journey.

We did not ask for it but have enjoyed that transparency.

The main issue I have is that after pursuing this strategy for the better part of 3 years - at the last hurdle the "brakes" have been firmly applied to said transparency approach when, in fact, it would be most welcome

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:16 AM
Reaction score
27/10/22 - "An update on your delivery" email saying I can expect delivery between Dec 22 / Jan 23
8/12/22 - "Your Grenadier is heading for production" email saying I can expect contract soon

But nothing since. I agree with @grenadierboy, the transparency that filled me with confidence has evaporated.

To

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
27/10/22 - "An update on your delivery" email saying I can expect delivery between Dec 22 / Jan 23
8/12/22 - "Your Grenadier is heading for production" email saying I can expect contract soon

But nothing since. I agree with @grenadierboy, the transparency that filled me with confidence has evaporated.
The eMail "heading for production" arrive me in the same period. That is good, because a few weeks after this eMail you get another one with the content "In production" and please "mount up your money". That is my status. And at last you get information that the car is on the way to you. Everything will be fine.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:16 AM
Reaction score
The eMail "heading for production" arrive me in the same period. That is good, because a few weeks after this eMail you get another one with the content "In production" and please "mount up your money". That is my status. And at last you get information that the car is on the way to you. Everything will be fine.
Without a contract?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:16 PM
Reaction score
I realise that companies do not usually publicize problems or difficulties that they face, especially car companies.

However, right from the start, INEOS decided to pursue a marketing policy of transparency so that customers could follow their journey.

We did not ask for it but have enjoyed that transparency.

The main issue I have is that after pursuing this strategy for the better part of 3 years - at the last hurdle the "brakes" have been firmly applied to said transparency approach when, in fact, it would be most welcome
The question here is whether the transparent approach hasn’t been a marketing strategy itself in a way.
If so, I understand that they reached their goal of attracting enough early adopters. We all ordered a more or less unseen car because we liked the idea and the story.
New customers will need an other approach which is far more typical (dealer/agent, test drive, articles in auto magazines)

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Good evening from Germany. I chose bank transfer and not financing through the dealer. Do any of you know how this will work? I can hardly transfer more than 80,000 euros to Ineos without security such as the vehicle registration document or car key? Tomorrow I will contact Krah & Enders, our regional dealer. Stay hopeful around the globe. We test it out. Barney 🍷

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good evening from Germany. I chose bank transfer and not financing through the dealer. Do any of you know how this will work? I can hardly transfer more than 80,000 euros to Ineos without security such as the vehicle registration document or car key? Tomorrow I will contact Krah & Enders, our regional dealer. Stay hopeful around the globe. We test it out. Barney 🍷
Thanks for testing this. =)
Plan to do the same.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:16 PM
Reaction score
I would be surprised if they registered the vehicle in your name before you paid for it.
I was thinking that I might take actual cash in a suitcase.
Always wanted to do that

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would be surprised if they registered the vehicle in your name before you paid for it.
I was thinking that I might take actual cash in a suitcase.
Always wanted to do that
This will not work as you pay to Ineos and not your dealer. At least I understood it that way.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am curious as well. Normally the dealer sends the registration papers and you transfer the money. It doesn’t seem to work this way here.
Please tell us what your dealer knows.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Why not? Of course you can transfer the amount via internet banking. You won't get any papers beforehand either. Why should you? You have had confidence until now, so continue to have it.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am curious as well. Normally the dealer sends the registration papers and you transfer the money. It doesn’t seem to work this way here.
Please tell us what your dealer knows.
As far as I understand, the dealer will take care of the registration for me. However, he can only do this after consultation with me. Since I have reserved the licence plate and he does not know it.

Back
Top Bottom