The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Into production

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:21 PM
Reaction score
Webchat with IA today. Asked for an update on my estimated build date and if possible a VIN. Response was that no VIN's have been given yet to those that signed contracts on 26 Apr. Whether this is UK or applies for ROW not sure. Anyhow they said car is already 'In Production', and of course website account does not show this.

I am presuming once they receive a signed contract then it's automatic to be 'in build' rather than a physical start on the nuts n bolts. Also said that their personal projection was sometime in the next 8 weeks the car will be finished and ready for shipping to UK dealer - but depends on factory schedule/delays etc etc.

Again another baby step forward - perhaps!

I will contact them in another 2 weeks time and see if any further news.

PS. I asked whether I could now please order another 5x set of the steel 17" wheels and they said I would need to request same from the dealer and only after they have delivered the vehicle to me. I've asked the dealer to see if they can request them earlier - won't hold my breath.
I hope you haven’t got too long a wait. If it’s any consolation I paid in full on the 24 April and as far as I can gather my vehicle is still in Hambach !

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I hope you have a better time getting yours than I have, mines got delivered to the dealership 3 weeks ago and I've even got the V5 and am still waiting to pick it up
I hope I don't have to wait that long it’s been built since February and in batch and hold since then so I’m assuming all outstanding issues have been dealt with and a PDI and accessory figment is all that’s needed.

Bazaboy69

Production/Transit
Local time
12:21 PM
Reaction score
I hope I don't have to wait that long it’s been built since February and in batch and hold since then so I’m assuming all outstanding issues have been dealt with and a PDI and accessory figment is all that’s needed.
There's no accessories on mine and it's been PDI ed for over a week, I think it's mainly been the communication between the finance department the automotive department and the dealership that's been the problem. Got another email this morning saying time to pay for your vehicle as it's now in production. It's driving me a bit mental now.

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am trying to get a good understanding of the vagaries of the IA system so apologies for the question but it’s not clear to me at this point (perhaps in part as the system is only just starting to function with large scale vehicle deliveries only having started quite recently)

I get that I place an order and pay a deposit (I have done that)

At some point later I presume I reach the point my vehicle has moved through the queue and is ready to build and is that then when I sign the contract which commits to a price and a spec ?

Then presumably IA build and ship to the agent here in the UK and I am asked to pay the balance / sort finance before the vehicle is released ?

People on here seem to be indicating by their posts that the delivery from factory to the agent has been taking a significant time and that once at the agents there is a further multiple week delay - I get that there may have been early transshipment delays as they are getting their import systems tuned up but why is there at material delay when at the agents in the Uk - what has to happen before hand over and how long is it supposed to take if all is functioning properly ?

Reactions: Max

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am trying to get a good understanding of the vagaries of the IA system so apologies for the question but it’s not clear to me at this point (perhaps in part as the system is only just starting to function with large scale vehicle deliveries only having started quite recently)

At some point later I presume I reach the point my vehicle has moved through the queue and is ready to build and is that then when I sign the contract which commits to a price and a spec ?

Then presumably IA build and ship to the agent here in the UK and I am asked to pay the balance / sort finance before the vehicle is released ?

People on here seem to be indicating by their posts that the delivery from factory to the agent has been taking a significant time and that once at the agents there is a further multiple week delay - I get that there may have been early transshipment delays as they are getting their import systems tuned up but why is there at material delay when at the agents in the Uk - what has to happen before hand over and how long is it supposed to take if all is functioning properly ?
I can only speak from an Australian point of view but I think it is pretty much across the board, no one is having a date given for the delivery of any car because of the number of variables...most people are thinking of what might be happening without any detail. The system is brand new and if you are a patient person you'll be fine...happy motoring.

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:21 AM
Reaction score
My vehicle was in production about 3 weeks ago - so now I have to call and see if its still there. I need my GREN!
Mine changed to into Production yesterday!
Of course my broker went on a 3 week holiday too… without his computer 😖
Now I’m wondering, if that’s to long to wait until I tick the tab to say how I’m paying?
ineos will not offer advice on finance (even saying what the options on their website mean?!)

Bazaboy69

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure that's how it's supposed to work. But it's definitely not the way that it does work. First of all don't pay any attention to the portal version of what stage your cars at mines has been up and town that list a few times it's currently at contract signed while it's sitting at the dealership and I have the V5 in my possession, secondly I wouldn't pay much attention to some of the emails either I got one on Wednesday saying it's in production you need to pay for your vehicle -it got paid weeks ago and I've had four emails telling me my finance is being processed and four saying it's been accepted, one in Jan one in April one last week and one today. Thirdly customer service aren't very good, I've had them blame the dealership and the dealership blame Ineos for three weeks now. But I do believe that it's Ineos and not the dealership that's the problem.
If the car wasn't worth more than I'm paying for it I definitely would have cancelled through pure frustration the last two weeks

Back
Top Bottom