The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Into production

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:12 AM
Reaction score
1.9 diesel in Suzuki Grand Vitara almost got one in 2009 or 2010 for a work car, but got the Vitara 3.2 v6 petrol rocket ship instead.
That's my car :) , the diesel motor by the way is NOT from Suzuki, but from Renault. I am (almost was) quite happy with this car, but can't be compared with the Grenadier.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:12 AM
Reaction score
Nothing so exciting on my order summary page and still no contract. Dealer told me before Christmas that mine was down for manufacture this week - Friday 13th hasnt been lucky
SNAP - expected the email all day with my production notification. Also, logged into the Portal, a few times and NO update.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Went to my dealer / importer today ... saw a Grenadier ... will comment tomorrow I hope, disappointed ,was a "production prototype", thought to see a final production vehicle!

Only positive point: my production date should still be "somewhere" in January. Luckily for me not today Friday Januari 13th :ROFLMAO: ;)

Last edited:

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Went to my dealer / importer today ... saw a Grenadier ... will comment tomorrow I hope, disappointed ,was a "production prototype", thought to see a final production vehicle!

Only positive point: my production date should still be "somewhere" in January. Luckily for me not today Friday Januari 13th :ROFLMAO: ;)
I wonder how many people with and without contract are still given Jan production dates…

Very much sounds like people in Hambach will be unemployed from Feb.

Local time
3:42 PM
Reaction score
That's my car :) , the diesel motor by the way is NOT from Suzuki, but from Renault. I am (almost was) quite happy with this car, but can't be compared with the Grenadier.
The 3.2v6 was from GM Holden Victoria plant, so besides motorbikes what car motors do Suzuki make ?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:12 PM
Reaction score
I wonder how many people with and without contract are still given Jan production dates…

Very much sounds like people in Hambach will be unemployed from Feb.
I heard they are being built ; however software issues prevent them being driven out of the factory car park.
Correct me if I'm wrong; seems like everyone hhas an explanation.
One day this will all be documented in an e-book if not an actual book.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The 3.2v6 was from GM Holden Victoria plant, so besides motorbikes what car motors do Suzuki make ?

I believe Suzuki have around 50% share of the Indian domestic car market so they must be making some car engines (albeit small capacity ones). No diesels in that market but they have a CNG option on most models.

The five door Jimny will be made in India for global markets, not Japan.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I believe Suzuki have around 50% share of the Indian domestic car market so they must be making some car engines (albeit small capacity ones). No diesels in that market but they have a CNG option on most models.

The five door Jimny will be made in India for global markets, not Japan.
That's why we will be going with the three door not the five
Shame because I would have liked the 5 door

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I heard they are being built ; however software issues prevent them being driven out of the factory car park.
I'm rather hoping we're over that bump and the vehicles being driven in Scotland at the moment are the first released with the new software.

Seems a few agents are hinting that they will get full production demo vehicles around the 20th January.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm rather hoping we're over that bump and the vehicles being driven in Scotland at the moment are the first released with the new software.

Seems a few agents are hinting that they will get full production demo vehicles around the 20th January.
Maybe the tell us in some months the truth about the problems in ramping up the production.
I guess that they didn’t reach the 90 cars/day by now.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I would be surprised if they registered the vehicle in your name before you paid for it.
Not possible in Germany without a written authorization issued by the customer to do so.

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
2:12 AM
Reaction score
Good evening from Germany. I chose bank transfer and not financing through the dealer. Do any of you know how this will work? I can hardly transfer more than 80,000 euros to Ineos without security such as the vehicle registration document or car key? Tomorrow I will contact Krah & Enders, our regional dealer. Stay hopeful around the globe. We test it out. Barney 🍷
Surely you send your deposit but hand over the check when you get the keys?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Will she want the Ineos EV when it arrives? Or are you an ICE only household?
Yesterday, I had a business trip to München with an ICE. This is the super-duper-fastest-and-best-train of the Deutsche Bahn. The two way ticket was 320 € - which is the same as a flight from Frankfurt to Las Vegas ... 🤔

Upon arrival in München it was one hour late. 🥳

The ICE is electric.

Last edited:

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong; seems like everyone hhas an explanation.
One day this will all be documented in an e-book if not an actual book.
To me there is a lot of miscommunication. Latest I was aware of, the software problem were resolved. The Grenadiers to Australia are on ship. My planned built month is March at least to agent K&E. I do not know what the current production rate per day is.. the full rate shall be every 5 minutes one IG .. 12. per hour 288 per 24h in 3 shifts if Monday to Friday and 20 Workdays they produce 5760 vehicles roughly.. If still in ramp up mode then less..
Dont know what order number you have got. But according to that and production rate you may calculate a production week..

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don't think 3 shift working is on the table at the moment.

This is from an article last year:

“We’re planning on 25,000 to 30,000 a year when we get up to peak,” he [Mark Tennant] told us. “We can build more, that’s on a two-shift pattern. On three shifts, we could do 50,000, but we’ve said from the beginning, this is a niche proposition, we’re not taking on the big boys. "

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Sicherlich senden Sie Ihre Anzahlung, aber übergeben Sie den Scheck, wenn Sie die Schlüssel erhalten?
Ich habe gestern Krah & Enders angerufen, sie wissen auch nicht, wie es läuft. Ich wurde gebeten zu warten. Bei K&E wusste niemand, dass mein Auto in Produktion war.75D83E32-5E56-4DEB-9F5F-7F20E622950D.png

Back
Top Bottom