The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Integrated Winch

klaus

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:32 AM
Reaction score
What you guys say, make complete sense. If we just had a way to verify reliably ...

klaus

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE us
uername=dadevaus userid=9006403 postid=1333104072]I would think that the head of Ineos Australia would be a reliable source[/QUOTE]Well I could find not a post that explicitly states that upgraded suspension would be added when ordering a winch.The link you provided, just points me to Justin's facebook profile. You would also think/expect that if you make inquiry to Customer Service in relation to your specific order, that you get correct information.I'll try again with customer service.

D

Deleted member 9006403

[QUOTE username=klaus userid=8991715 postid=1333104127][QUOTE us
uername=dadevaus userid=9006403 postid=1333104072]I would think that the head of Ineos Australia would be a reliable sourceWell I could find not a post that explicitly states that upgraded suspension would be added when ordering a winch.The link you provided, just points me to Justin's facebook profile. You would also think/expect that if you make inquiry to Customer Service in relation to your specific order, that you get correct information.I'll try again with customer service.[/QUOTE]

A

Andy

I contacted Red winces who were very helpful,  They advised that the winch is a specific build for IG as there is limited space behind the current bull bar. This resulted in a smaller drum spool that only holds 15 metres of rope.   The winch is powered by their OX  motor.  You can check it out t RED winches.

I would assume that if you want another winch to fit the bull bar it would need to be similar slim version. or you would probably need to look at an after market bar or mounting system like ARB.

A

Andy

by the way the winch weighs in at 32.5kg fully fitted .  that came from RED winches aswell.

klaus

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. That's useful. I went to the ineos website to write another email to customer support and noticed a Melbourne phone number there.Spoke to a friendly lady, who will go back to the technical department and come back. No wait on the phone line either. Think they are getting better.Will update here if I get an answer.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
As far as the spec goes, I have this information:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220720_054815.jpg
    Screenshot_20220720_054815.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 17
A

Andy

This is what I received from Red winches.  Confirms what DCPU has communicated 
 The integrated winch has a pulling capacity of 5,500kgIt is powered by our 7hp Ox motor https://www.red-winches.com/product/ox-motor/#voltageThe brake is a internal cone brakeFreespool is manual with a rotating leverThe winch is supplied with 11mm synthetic rope with a MBS of 11,700kgControl is by our wireless system https://www.red-winches.com/product/red-winches-basic-wireless-winch-control-system/Like all of our winches the integrated winch is machined from billet materials with a anodised aluminium housing. The drum runs in bearings and the bearings are protected from the elements by additional drum seals.The winch isolator is an Albright unit and the electrical system is protected by a automatic cut off switch.

Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
Update on the winch fitting: On Friday I spoke with Tim Aspinall (Brand Manager) and also the technical guys at Ineos down at the Ragley Hall Game Fair. I have been assured that the integrated front winch is indeed a factory fit and that all necessary adjustments to the vehicle set up will be made accordingly. The winch can also be powered from the aux battery if the dual power package option is selected in the build. The rear winch (if chosen) will be a dealer fit post factory production. That sounds more like what I was expecting.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:32 AM
Reaction score
Ineos USA brochure states that winch is capable of 12125 lbs. One must be a typo unfortunately.
1659505309860.png

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:32 AM
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220803-162310.png
    Screenshot_20220803-162310.png
    868.4 KB · Views: 14

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:32 AM
Reaction score
No it is actually correct.
It is 5.5 tonnes.
My son and his workmate were visiting earlier today and we were discussing the IG. Workmate was reading the specs and cheekily suggested to my beloved (50 yrs+ married) that I was proposing to buy a 4WD with an integrated WENCH! "Beloved" didn't miss a beat and replied that the said "wench" was herself, she is totally "integrated" with the idea and she is looking forward to driving the IG to outback Queensland!🤣
Workmate was amused and sportingly admitted that son had "warned" him that 'the parents' were 'on the ball' ! As my 4wd mate says "I used think that 75 was old...now that I'm 76, I'm not so sure" !!

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
No it is actually correct.
It is 5.5 tonnes.
In other spots I was sure that I had read 5.5tons. Maybe I just saw that in my head. Definitely makes more sense.

Igfan

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
In other spots I was sure that I had read 5.5tons. Maybe I just saw that in my head. Definitely makes more sense.
Both numbers are right. Outside the USA weights are referred to in kilograms so the figure is 5.5 metric tons, that is 5500kg. There are a little more than 2.2lbs to 1kg so that 5500kg is roughly 12100lbs.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any update on the spring situation?

Also, any idea what the winch controller is like?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:32 AM
Reaction score
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom