The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Integrated Winch

Local time
3:16 AM
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing the full spec of this. I presently use one to help with directional tree felling and have raised the question as to whether this can be run off the aux battery.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Good to see another Arb in here, and another one called Steve ??

Welcome to the forum mate. Id imagine the winch will be run off the aux, seeing as it will be the highest current draw of any accessory

Steve

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, I have great hopes for this new vehicle. As good as the Defender is working out in the woodland, I would like something that doesn't leak quite as much?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:16 PM
Reaction score
Surely you'll run the winch off the starter battery with the engine running and alternator pumping?If the worst happens you can emergency start off the aux battery.

Local time
Reaction score
No, that works fine for recovery where the winch is in short use but not so practical when used for other work (e.g. tree felling) where it's in prolonged use. I currently run a 5.4 tonne Warn winch off an Optima Yellow Top leisure battery and that will power it without problem over quite a bit of heavy use through the day. The auto charge system then just tops it back up on the way home ?

Local time
10:16 PM
Reaction score
Hi From Dubai
I have rcvd the price break up for all my configurations!  for the integrated winch costing around 3787 $ , can we add any other brand to IG ? currently i am using Runwa 12000 lbs 

Local time
Reaction score
As I understand it from my experience, many vehicle winches (e.g. Warn, Warrior, Superwinch etc.) have the same bolt mounting pattern which makes them interchangeable with different vehicles however, the vehicle mounting plate itself is mostly vehicle specific. So In theory providing your winch and the one to be supplied by Red (which I haven't yet seen) have the common bolt mounting configuration then a retro fit should be possible. I have a number of questions about the winch that I mentioned to Ineos' customer support and despite promises, am still awaiting a response with the info.

Local time
Reaction score
@SteveB
Exactly, we will know only when once IG got in our hand ... i belive IG will leave mounting space for 3rd party winch to be used. Does the RED 3787$ is worth to be integrated or 3rd party? 

Local time
9:16 PM
Reaction score
I read somewhere (although I can’t find the reference anymore) that Ineos provides different front springs with the integrated front winch in order to compensate for the additional weight of the winch. I appreciate that Ineos has thought of these small details. It makes the high cost of the winch seem more palatable.

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, compensating the front suspension would be an ideal adjustment at factory build & an advantage over fitting an after market winch.

Local time
Reaction score
I have visited the dealer ship in Dubai, they don't have any clue about this unless i asked... will get the reply soon from them... hopefully. 2B model is still here with dealership showroom and the Grey one from the new video of desert edition has been taken back to Factory for the data reading/testing few weeks before. 

Local time
Reaction score
Also ..according to the dealership RED made special winch only for IG due to the bumper design and plate.  if you like to add the 3rd party winch you should get the plate fitted from them during order. I met 4x4 expert who was there at the time for the order confirmation  told he is in touch with bilstein shocks ... and the funny part you can't take the car for test drive still... it just sitting there!!?

Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=RoadBuilder userid=8631835 postid=1332929082]I read somewhere (although I can’t find the reference anymore) that Ineos provides different front springs with the integrated front winch in order to compensate for the additional weight of the winch. I appreciate that Ineos has thought of these small details. It makes the high cost of the winch seem more palatable.[/QUOTE]

I remember reading the same thing and thought I better get the factory option, just in case a Warn set up throws off the balance of the factory front end and then spend more monies trying to get the front end back to normal.  At least that is my thinking.

klaus

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I got this from Customer Support in relation to the winch:"The heavy duty winch does not include upgraded suspension. You can order the winch from the dealer after receiving the vehicle."

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Klaus very interesting information.  

Personally for me, the major benefit of ticking the winch option, was that they were uprating the suspension to cater for it.

I wonder though if it will still have a 5 year warranty though if you get the dealer to do it later down the track.

klaus

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Davman userid=8961117 postid=1333095949]I asked the Dealer Question before the Luxury Car Tax issue here is Australia was clarified, as I would not pay LCT on an already expensive winch.However, I have now decided despite no LCT to not add anything to my build and wait for the aftermarket.Bullbar and Winch from Ineos is about 7K and if there was upgraded suspension, you are right, I would do it from factory.But without, I'll wait for after market options.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As I am buying mine in a business, it makes a whole lot more sense financially to buy it aftermarket........ as long as it doesn't cost me more later, and as long as it is warrantied for the same period of time.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
As good as The RED winch will probably be, if your even vaguely handy, you can get a LOT of winch for 3k, and they're easy to fit on bumpers like the IG has

D

Deleted member 9006403

I think you'll find the customer service advice re no upgraded suspension to be inaccurate.  On the Ineos Grenadier Owners Australia Facebook page Justin Hocevar (Head of Ineos Auto Aus) indicated that the front suspension will come in three levels - presumably to take into account the different weights of different configurations.  Specifically he says "=AZW1nDOcF8ZByZ4Iban4kae--iXUavXIOamk5tHtEGVErWxrctwIg1RxdwjZsBGtEv5T3juBgPtxS1kpDJp_6KYqXCW71RlDynBW4JruCH4F_RZmffY3lDVjpnwj17xsEkL6dRAzC8wXZ2NwLx9gBBhMMhwNcpOD0ax6OIU4GfR3yfibVJXmZlxh-JkQ3mZfMgU&__tn__=R]-R t=_blank]Justin HocevarThe springs are linear front & progressive rear. There will be 3 spring types & the vehicle will be built with the springs calibrated to the specification (weight) of the vehicle."

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=dadevaus userid=9006403 postid=1333103459]I think you'll find the customer service advice re no upgraded suspension to be inaccurate.  On the Ineos Grenadier Owners Australia Facebook page Justin Hocevar (Head of Ineos Auto Aus) indicated that the front suspension will come in three levels - presumably to take into account the different weights of different configurations.  Specifically he says "=AZW1nDOcF8ZByZ4Iban4kae--iXUavXIOamk5tHtEGVErWxrctwIg1RxdwjZsBGtEv5T3juBgPtxS1kpDJp_6KYqXCW71RlDynBW4JruCH4F_RZmffY3lDVjpnwj17xsEkL6dRAzC8wXZ2NwLx9gBBhMMhwNcpOD0ax6OIU4GfR3yfibVJXmZlxh-JkQ3mZfMgU&__tn__=R]-R t=_blank]Justin HocevarThe springs are linear front & progressive rear. There will be 3 spring types & the vehicle will be built with the springs calibrated to the specification (weight) of the vehicle."[/QUOTE]

That would make sense:
 - The lightest configuration would be a petrol model with no bumper or winch
 - Moving to diesel adds 80kg
 - A steel bullbar would add ~80kg - maybe another 20kg for brush bars.
 - A winch will add 20 - 30kg

That's 200kg difference on the one axle - I'm no engineer but I think you would want to offer different specification suspension with that much of a spread.

Back
Top Bottom