The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Installing a 12" Tablet

MarkusN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:50 AM
Reaction score
Hello Grenadier owners
I would like to install a 12" tablet for navigation.
:unsure:
Has anyone already thought about this or even found a reasonable mount for it?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:50 AM
Reaction score
It will be quite hard to find a safe place for a tablet for navigation, as the Speedo and other critical information is all in the centre console. I too am trying to figure where my mounted phone (6.5 inch screen) will sit bit I'll figure out on delivery.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:50 PM
Reaction score
It will be quite hard to find a safe place for a tablet for navigation, as the Speedo and other critical information is all in the centre console. I too am trying to figure where my mounted phone (6.5 inch screen) will sit bit I'll figure out on delivery.
I was a bit upset to find out Hema maps doesn't work with Apple Carplay (apparently) as I was just going to use the main screen.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do you have the screw in version @TheDocAUS ? Not that I've used them, but I've always liked the RAM mounts that sit between the panels without the need for holes in the dash.
Suction cup version. Attaches to the windscreen, but not yet tested on INEOS.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:50 AM
Reaction score
It may take 6-12 months, but I'm looking forward for Expedition Essentials to come up with a mount (I've used their 4Runner and Tacoma mounts, as well as their Maxtrax mount). Another company that may end up doing something is ICS Fab (I used their mount in my Tundra); I haven't reached out to either, but both are pretty well known for their great mounting options.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It may take 6-12 months, but I'm looking forward for Expedition Essentials to come up with a mount (I've used their 4Runner and Tacoma mounts, as well as their Maxtrax mount). Another company that may end up doing something is ICS Fab (I used their mount in my Tundra); I haven't reached out to either, but both are pretty well known for their great mounting options.
Utility rails hanging off this thing everywhere, and by the sounds of it most people want one on the dash. :LOL: :LOL:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:50 AM
Reaction score
Lights for night rock hopping, or is that where you guys store your armament stash?
While mine will almost certainly have rock lights (they are also wonderful as much wider puddle lights, when triggered from the same source); the armament usually stays much closer to the driver. At least that's my preference

Local time
1:50 AM
Reaction score
I'm using this holder in both of my vehicles and love it. Won't hold a tablet but holds my phone pretty securely. The IG air vents are well placed for this.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 8.53.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 8.53.50 PM.png
    863.1 KB · Views: 77
Local time
12:50 AM
Reaction score
I'm using this holder in both of my vehicles and love it. Won't hold a tablet but holds my phone pretty securely. The IG air vents are well placed for this.
I dont like when stuff blocks the air vents or anything that impinges on the A/C.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s called a Ram Mount V Base with 1” Ball and straps (model RAM-B-108B)
Is that the model of the attachment base only? Was wondering about the model number of the compatible cradle and whether it's adjustable to suit a couple of different size tablets a 9" or a 10"?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:50 AM
Reaction score
Is that the model of the attachment base only? Was wondering about the model number of the compatible cradle and whether it's adjustable to suit a couple of different size tablets a 9" or a 10"?
Yes that’s the model no for clamp fixing only. The cradle is a Ram mount tablet holder that fits a standard size iPad and is adjustable IMG_2053.jpegIMG_2052.jpeg

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:50 AM
Reaction score
Here is our Ram mount for our tablet/iPad. A simple easy solution View attachment 7821722View attachment 7821723
I believe your grab handle will suffer and will wear underneath that bracket. A mount like this would be much better. https://rammount.com/products/ram-vb-195-sw2
Someone has to figure out where to mount it best. Maybe on the screws of the fire extinguisher? But then it would eventually restrict the movement of the seat. Ideal would be if the bracket was mounted on the seat itself so it would slide back and forth when the seat is adjusted. 🤔

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s a dilemma, I still haven’t figured it out.. admittedly I’ve only had the car 5 days. It currently resides in the cup holder

Back
Top Bottom