The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Infotainment system workings

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:10 AM
Reaction score
So a quick experiment - hopefully those more technically knowledgeable than me in these matters can comment on whether it demonstates/proves anything?

I placed a separate DAB radio in a position approximate to the known location of the fitted DAB unit and antenna:IMG_20230910_095825120_HDR.jpg

Tuned it to a reasonable station:
IMG_20230910_095818629.jpg

And closed the rear doors:
IMG_20230910_095919444_HDR.jpg

Sound was perfect - and that's with the small antenna inside the steel cage/box.

To rule out the size of the radio unit and whatever it's internals were being so much better than Ineos could get given packaging constraints, I tried a small unit with no visible antenna:
IMG_20230910_101133021_HDR.jpg

There was a full list of stations available and a random selection of them played perfectly:
IMG_20230910_101009975_HDR.jpg

At the same time the Ineos DAB will not find, tune to or play any reasonable list of stations.

The DAB radio fitted in my vehicle is currently not fit for purpose - whether that's software, hardware, antenna placement, the installation in my vehicle or something else, it is up to Ineos to sort.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have what I consider as reasonable DAB systems in my current vehicles, Meridian and Bose. And I suffer from frequent drop outs near my home in SW Scotland, so from the feedback of the grenadier users I have got no chance of receiving DAB
same here scan in sw very limited but when in central belt its only slightly better saying that when in sw even home dab radio is below par.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:10 PM
Reaction score
So a quick experiment - hopefully those more technically knowledgeable than me in these matters can comment on whether it demonstates/proves anything?

I placed a separate DAB radio in a position approximate to the known location of the fitted DAB unit and antenna:View attachment 7826384

View attachment 7826383

View attachment 7826385

Sound was perfect - and that's with the small antenna inside the steel cage/box.

To rule out the size of the radio unit and whatever it's internals were being so much better than Ineos could get given packaging constraints, I tried a small unit with no visible antenna:
View attachment 7826386

There was a full list of stations available and a random selection of them played perfectly:
View attachment 7826387

At the same time the Ineos DAB will not find, tune to or play any reasonable list of stations.
Why are you listening to the radio??
use Spotify or load a playlist onto your phone.
If you want to listen to talk back radio just download a list of stupid racist old people talking crap and put it on loop.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I placed a separate DAB radio in a position approximate to the known location of the fitted DAB unit and antenna:View attachment 7826384

View attachment 7826383

View attachment 7826385

View attachment 7826386

View attachment 7826387

The DAB radio fitted in my vehicle is currently not fit for purpose - whether that's software, hardware, antenna placement, the installation in my vehicle or something else, it is up to Ineos to sort.
What is the vehicle FM reception like? I'm wondering if there is an issue with the combi FM/DAB+ aerial. The easiest way to check would be for Ineos to replace the aerial first.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What is the vehicle FM reception like? I'm wondering if there is an issue with the combi FM/DAB+ aerial. The easiest way to check would be for Ineos to replace the aerial first.
So that's tomorrow's experiment.

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:10 AM
Reaction score
I drove around on the weekend and played with the radio.
DAB works well in certain areas. From time to time I let the system automate seek the stations and in some areas there seem to be no stations available; at least the seek function can’t detect them. Also if DAB is playing a station and I let autoseek it would loose the stations. Same if I stop and later restart the car.

FM doesn’t have very good reception either and what I find very annoying are steady lapses. Do you have that too; short but steady interruptions, every minute or so?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:10 PM
Reaction score
I drove around on the weekend and played with the radio.
DAB works well in certain areas. From time to time I let the system automate seek the stations and in some areas there seem to be no stations available; at least the seek function can’t detect them. Also if DAB is playing a station and I let autoseek it would loose the stations. Same if I stop and later restart the car.

FM doesn’t have very good reception either and what I find very annoying are steady lapses. Do you have that too; short but steady interruptions, every minute or so?
Hi @IG Pop I can relate to that. Depending on the area I'm traveling, I use DAB or FM. I have saved the respective stations. The dropouts I also have, but not constantly. Sometimes it jumped from USB to DAB on its own, for whatever reason. It was not in connection with the traffic radio.

Local time
Reaction score
Hi @IG Pop I can relate to that. Depending on the area I'm traveling, I use DAB or FM. I have saved the respective stations. The dropouts I also have, but not constantly. Sometimes it jumped from USB to DAB on its own, for whatever reason. It was not in connection with the traffic radio.
The whole system is so weird if your listening to the radio (when it works) you stop to observe something mute the radio your co driver uses the phone to take a picture of something and you drive off . Unbeknownst to you the entertainment system has got into streaming mode and used up all your data. so I dont bother with it now.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The whole system is so weird if your listening to the radio (when it works) you stop to observe something mute the radio your co driver uses the phone to take a picture of something and you drive off . Unbeknownst to you the entertainment system has got into streaming mode and used up all your data. so I dont bother with it now.
I hadn't noticed the data consumption yet, but the switching. Thanks for the tip. I will keep an eye on this. When I'm in the disco on the road, I listen almost only radio. In the Grenadier almost exclusively my old cassettes, which I have copied to a USB stick.

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I plugged in the USB used in our old Beamer (think formatted in exFAT). The folder structure seems to be recognized but it only shows what seems to be mp3, no mp4 files :-(

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I plugged in the USB used in our old Beamer (think formatted in exFAT). The folder structure seems to be recognized but it only shows what seems to be mp3, no mp4 files :-(
I have converted all my music to mp3. Therefore, I could not notice that either.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I changed the radio frequency from FM to DAB.

I live in Melbourne Australia.

The only stations I could find in DAB were 5 BBC stations and, not surprisingly, couldn't hear anything from 17,000kms away!

Another to the "To be Fixed" list

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
Mr. Brägas, who invented ARI (Autofahrer-Rundfunk-Informatin / Driver-Brodcast-Information) for traffic announcments) and later the RDS (Radio Data System) and more at Blaupunkt, mentioned lately, that the DAB senders are not as powerful and still not as distributed as the still popular UKW senders.

So problems simply could arise because of this technology which still must be installed to full power.

AWo

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone has any idea what these mean?
Sound all gibberish to me.

IMG_6167.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6166.jpeg
    IMG_6166.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 8

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution to the OP query? I have the same issue with DAB, its works fine in terms of reception but only finds stations within the ABC & SBS station grouping. There is normally another two DAB groupings that contain all the other commercial and community DAB stations (at least in Victoria Australia), but I cant find a way to change to these other groupings.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution to the OP query? I have the same issue with DAB, its works fine in terms of reception but only finds stations within the ABC & SBS station grouping. There is normally another two DAB groupings that contain all the other commercial and community DAB stations (at least in Victoria Australia), but I cant find a way to change to these other groupings.
No. DAB is a fail at present. I can get 8 or more channels but they all start-stop... i.e. the sound is great for 3 seconds then fade to zero abs comes back up again 3 seconds later. Sometimes it fades to no volume then stays silent for a minute or two then randomly works again.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've downloaded simply radio app and play through android auto works great.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:10 PM
Reaction score
No. DAB is a fail at present. I can get 8 or more channels but they all start-stop... i.e. the sound is great for 3 seconds then fade to zero abs comes back up again 3 seconds later. Sometimes it fades to no volume then stays silent for a minute or two then randomly works again.

OK, call me weird but I have noticed this in/out feature while listening to Spotify. Today, I put the phone in sleep mode (Apple) absolutely no in/out after that. It seemed to go in/out mostly when texts or emails would come through.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Khalfan323 .
Just been catching up with some threads.... did you get a response to yr query/ were you able to decipher it from the Owner'sHandbook?
I thought the first two were the time the “mud lights” stay on after you enter/exit the car. So, you can see where you step in/out of the car in the dark.

Remote Lock Feedback: is what happens when you remotely lock the car. In my case the lights stay on for 30 seconds to tell you the car is locked – the shortest period you can select. I would prefer 10 seconds.

Auto Door Unlock: do not know for sure. It maybe that when this option is turned on, the doors will auto unlock when you turn off the car after coming to a halt- my doors do.

Relock Remote Unlock Door: If I remember correctly from what the dealer said if you unlock the doors, with the remote, but do not physically open any door, turning this on means the car will relock itself after a time period (cannot remember the time). EDIT: just checked 20 seconds for my car.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom