The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos provided hydraulic bottle jack

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:45 PM
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the storage location for the bottle jack. While overlanding my camp kitchen or other boxes will block the way to this side compartment. So the jack needs a new and more accessible spot. Where could this be? Ideas are highly welcome.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:45 AM
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the storage location for the bottle jack. While overlanding my camp kitchen or other boxes will block the way to this side compartment. So the jack needs a new and more accessible spot. Where could this be? Ideas are highly welcome.
Inside the spare wheel lockable box

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Inside the spare wheel lockable box
Too high and too far backwards, it is a quite heavy piece, I would place it as low as possible, possibly under the driver's seat if you don't use that space for something else.
For the time being the locations is OK for me, you don't have every week a flat tire (not me!).

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
possibly under the driver's seat if you don't use that space for something else.
And only if the jack can be stored upright. Otherwise, if one of the jack's seals is faulty, you might have an oily mess in your car.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does it fit into the free space next to the second battery?

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:45 PM
Reaction score
I'll be carrying one of these and not worrying.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Someone has developed a space heater for the jack cubby.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Danke @DCPU für die Fotos und die Zusammenstellung. Wirklich hilfreich. Ich habe heute auch den Jack ausprobiert. Danke für die Tipps. Ich habe ein bisschen mit der Datei an der Pumpenstange gearbeitet. Jetzt ist es richtig. Wenn ich das Ventil vollständig öffne, bewegt sich der schmale Kolben von selbst zurück. Und ich kann (zumindest mit der kurzen Stange) den Wagenheber herausziehen.
The video is a bit too big, sorry
IMG_8351.jpegIMG_8352.jpeg

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:45 AM
Reaction score

You'll need a space for your electric drill plus a base.
I much prefer a bottle jack. The Grenadier one is pretty compact.

Reactions: PBD

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

HI Jeffrey, I like the function of this multi-stage scissor jack. It's a lot better then the scissor jack that came with my 2020 New Defender. Only draw back is that it's size at 5" x 5" x 22" is longer than the Grenadier bottle jack so it would take up some more space, although a lot less space than a high lift jack. Their website shows it having a 2 ton or 4000 pound lift capacity, which is likely fine if just lifting one wheel or perhaps one side of the Grenadier which weighs in at a total of approximately 3 tons or 6000 pounds unloaded. Does anyone know the lift rating of the Grenadier Bottle Jack and it's overall width and height. DaBull

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
HI Jeffrey, I like the function of this multi-stage scissor jack. It's a lot better then the scissor jack that came with my 2020 New Defender. Only draw back is that it's size at 5" x 5" x 22" is longer than the Grenadier bottle jack so it would take up some more space, although a lot less space than a high lift jack. Their website shows it having a 2 ton or 4000 pound lift capacity, which is likely fine if just lifting one wheel or perhaps one side of the Grenadier which weighs in at a total of approximately 3 tons or 6000 pounds unloaded. Does anyone know the lift rating of the Grenadier Bottle Jack and it's overall width and height. DaBull
I agree. I won't need to schlepp my Hi-Lift since this one has lots of travel upwards. That's a plus. And it won't drip fluid. Yes it's heavier and longer than the stock bottle jack but so much more versatile and powerful.

Last edited:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I didn't think about that! Right (y)
Hi Jean, If using the bottle jack, I found this heavy duty attachment to place on top of the bottle jack in order to jack up the Grenadier from it's axles. It's called a "Bottle Jack Budy". There are 2 versions,
one for a smaller radius axle and one for a larger radius axle, which perhaps the Grenadier has.
This link is if for the one that would fit a larger radius axle, which may fit both axle sizes. Looks like something to add the the ever growing list of things to buy. DaBull
https://bottlejackbuddy.net/the-big-one-1

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
That item is similar to the Agile Offroad block that I use with my Hummer scissor jack. I will adapt it to fit the Gortech jack I previously showed here.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Jean, If using the bottle jack, I found this heavy duty attachment to place on top of the bottle jack in order to jack up the Grenadier from it's axles. It's called a "Bottle Jack Budy". There are 2 versions,
one for a smaller radius axle and one for a larger radius axle, which perhaps the Grenadier has.
This link is if for the one that would fit a larger radius axle, which may fit both axle sizes. Looks like something to add the the ever growing list of things to buy. DaBull
https://bottlejackbuddy.net/the-big-one-1
$65 ? :unsure:

I had made a similar solution with a flat top four decades ago.
Cost: 50ct. Some recycled stuff and a welding electrode.

Still works after 40 yrs.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
$65 ? :unsure:

I had made a similar solution with a flat top four decades ago.
Cost: 50ct. Some recycled stuff and a welding electrode.

Still works after 40 yrs.
And if you paid a welder or machinist to fabricate exactly what you made, it would cost that much, maybe more. Material, labor, anodize and laser etch ain't cheap these days.

Back
Top Bottom