The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos provided hydraulic bottle jack

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:19 AM
Reaction score
Not for changing a wheel, see the Puncture thread (how do I link to an entire thread?). To summarise:

Rock slider/high lift or exhaust jack under chassis members is to get the chassis off the ground (eg to get the shovel under the vehicle) in a recovery. If the tyre is punctured or off the rim the safest option is to gently get to somewhere flat before lifting under the axle with the bottle jack as per the Owners Manual.

The jack mate discussed earlier is if you’ve gone down into a hole and run aground, again it’s an easy way to lift the effected wheel and build the track underneath it. You could use it to lift the car for a repair involving wheel removal but you need something to rest the vehicle on. For example, a brake has seized: you can lift the vehicle via high lift under rockslider or with the jack mate and then pop the spare wheel under the outrigger or axle while you effect a repair. Obviously no good if you’re changing across to the spare wheel as it’s now busy holding the vehicle up.

But if something drastic happens (sheared wheel studs/lost a wheel/sitting on the rim etc) then the high lift is the pick as it will be very difficult to get the bottle jack into a position where the axle can be safely lifted to permit repairs (because obviously in this case the axle itself is on the ground).
Checked my jack today to try and stop it rattling - as per uTube Ingmar - Only to find the jack wont work at all . Piston fault or no oil !
Asked for immediate replacement from agent - not waiting for the return for software stuff.
Suggest all new owners check

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:19 AM
Reaction score
You screwed in the valve adjuster?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And the jacking arm was locked solid or moved freely with no resistance?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:19 PM
Reaction score
I"d give the lever a very solid push.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Assuming this is the filler plug - it doesn't really look like it's meant to be taken taken out for checking/topping up/replacing:
IMG_20230625_061542.jpg

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
You can take the plug out but they are tricky to reinsert and can get damaged.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I checked my Jack too. I’m think there is a design fault first of all. The lever bar which inserts into the Jack doesn’t fit. The slot on the end of the bar doesn’t lock. It’s not wide enough, couple of mm out. All owners need to be aware if changing a wheel or go check their Jack. Tried jamming it in and not to break it.

My agent previously did tell me to ring the AA to change the wheel if an unfortunate puncture 😂😂

Attachments

• 18305E52-C951-43B5-8F1C-D9F038A86187.jpeg
    18305E52-C951-43B5-8F1C-D9F038A86187.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 4D55916B-85BB-4506-B2C3-7BF922435D8A.jpeg
    4D55916B-85BB-4506-B2C3-7BF922435D8A.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 31

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I checked my Jack too. I’m think there is a design fault first of all. The lever bar which inserts into the Jack doesn’t fit. The slot on the end of the bar doesn’t lock. It’s not wide enough, couple of mm out. All owners need to be aware if changing a wheel or go check their Jack. Tried jamming it in and not to break it.
Cough...
Post in thread 'Ineos provided hydraulic bottle jack' https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/ineos-provided-hydraulic-bottle-jack.12412190/post-1333181228

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

My agent previously did tell me to ring the AA to change the wheel if an unfortunate puncture 😂😂
Why would you ring Alcoholics Anonymous when you have a flat tyre?

Local time
Reaction score

Had my jack swapped out by the dealer for this fault well swapped for the one in the PTO02 in the showroom good job I did as it has already been used.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I plan to use the same type Jack I use in my other vehicles, after I perform a fit and function check. I use a base I made from hard maple laminate and if it works, will fit it in a secured storage container.

https://www.powerbuilt.com/products...stand-bottle-jack?_pos=2&_sid=c2ea91631&_ss=r

View attachment 7817952

That's an interesting design. 👍

I'd be interested if it would actually fit in the recommended place (front axle), although there's plenty of other real estate to use.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Checked my jack today to try and stop it rattling - as per uTube Ingmar - Only to find the jack wont work at all . Piston fault or no oil !
Asked for immediate replacement from agent - not waiting for the return for software stuff.
Suggest all new owners check
I'm not convinced it has any oil
Is there any sign of oil on the casing?
Try rotating it upside down when pumping to bleed it, they can be a bit of a bugger to de-aerate.

Acknowledge that the easiest path is to replace, as new seals are the best part of the price of a new jack.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:19 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone swapped out the factory jack for an aftermarket bottle jack?

Local time
Reaction score
I swapped it out for an Ineos that worked having said that I have change tires with it already and it’s fit for purpose. If I need anything else, I’ve got a high lift which let’s face it can be a bit dodgy.

Back
Top Bottom