The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos provided hydraulic bottle jack

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:52 PM
Reaction score
Hi DCPU My jack /handle has the same faults as yours plus the fact the same bit broke off and cant get the screw to screw out .
It's good to know that at least quality is consistent. 🙃
Also some jacks I have seen have rubber pads on the to perhaps??
Ah, there is a "smudge" that once looks like it was a rubber pad in some of my photos. It is now glued to the lower left retaining hole of where the cover goes. 🙄

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Great and very informative discussion and posts. Do more knowledgeable people than I consider that jacking up from the rock slider is a better overall solution than trying to get to the wheel axles?
It depends.

Pros:
Easier access
Safer access
Easier to locate it correctly

Cons:
Will take longer to jack (need to account for suspension droop)
Jack height will be taller under load and more prone to any instability

If I have a chance, I'll jack off one and take a few photos.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:52 AM
Reaction score
It depends.

Pros:
Easier access
Safer access
Easier to locate it correctly

Cons:
Will take longer to jack (need to account for suspension droop)
Jack height will be taller under load and more prone to any instability

If I have a chance, I'll jack off one and take a few photos.
Oh, with the bottle jack? I misunderstood the question.

No, I wouldn’t be doing that for the reason listed (too high/unstable).
Usual reason is that most bottlebjacks have a much shorter range of motion, at least in my experience.

Of course we’ll never really know until we see DCPUs receipts, although I’m now not sure what to expect.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Whilst we mention jacking off the side with Hi Lifts , I found a good old Ronny vid.
He doesn't seem to get bogged much these days, which I guess is a reflection of his driving and vehicle capabilities as much as the selection of tracks.
View: https://youtu.be/9FRMK7ZstaY

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
Hope you guys are taking back to agents for warranty, INEOS needs to know if they aren’t up to scratch and recall if it’s a common problem
Absolutely. we should use the forum combined knowledge as leverage, bit in a positive sense. Best get let ineos corre t it with 4000 vehicles than 20k and court case in US

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hope you guys are taking back to agents for warranty, INEOS needs to know if they aren’t up to scratch and recall if it’s a common problem
Well we have resident agents on the forum - wouldn't it be easier to ask if they can draw the various issues we are flagging to the attention of Ineos formally and obtain feedback - maybe even invite them onto here?

At present I'm still awaiting dealer feedback from last week's email of queries.

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Oh, with the bottle jack? I misunderstood the question.
Already done with a hilift, post #100:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well we have resident agents on the forum - wouldn't it be easier to ask if they can draw the various issues we are flagging with Ineos formally and obtain feedback - maybe even invite them onto here?

At present I'm still awaiting dealer feedback from last week's email of queries.
I think that’s good as well, but with most company quality systems they will log any official warranty claims and look for trends. If they see a trend of failures thats what triggers change of suppliers and recalls etc. so I suggest any issues people have they take to agents early and log was warranty issues so they get caught in their systems. Having agents listen to customer complaints is good and one hopes they are feeding back, but nothing like having hard evidence to show the boss and show a supplier that something needs to be done.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Already done with a hilift, post #100:
Oh, indeed - forgot about that!

When the vehicle (eventually*) comes through and we spend a day practicing recoveries I'll bust out the ARB Jack and take a couple of pics/videos by way of comparison.

* presently MIA in terms of production/delivery status: the wait continues.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think that’s good as well, but with most company quality systems they will log any official warranty claims and look for trends. If they see a trend of failures thats what triggers change of suppliers and recalls etc. so I suggest any issues people have they take to agents early and log was warranty issues so they get caught in their systems. Having agents listen to customer complaints is good and one hopes they are feeding back, but nothing like having hard evidence to show the boss and show a supplier that something needs to be done.
Screenshot_20230523_060949.jpg
It's what the handbook says to do...

AWo

Local time
10:52 PM
Reaction score
But if something drastic happens (sheared wheel studs/lost a wheel/sitting on the rim etc) then the high lift is the pick as it will be very difficult to get the bottle jack into a position where the axle can be safely lifted to permit repairs (because obviously in this case the axle itself is on the ground).
Do you mean something like this (happened to a Toyota Land Cruiser on Icelands tracks, all studs sheared off)?

20210805_183942.jpg

20210805_184011.jpg

A simple and light scissor jack did the trick. Always on board...(see trailing arm).

Cheers
AWo

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not for changing a wheel, see the Puncture thread (how do I link to an entire thread?)

I'd be happy to change a wheel on the Grenadier with a Hilift ~ more so than with the current Ineos provided bottle jack...

But if something drastic happens (sheared wheel studs/lost a wheel/sitting on the rim etc) then the high lift is the pick as it will be very difficult to get the bottle jack into a position where the axle can be safely lifted to permit repairs (because obviously in this case the axle itself is on the ground).
I wonder if it's safe to assume that someone at Ineos has actually checked that the provided bottle jack will fit under the axles with a fully deflated tyre? 🤔

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do you mean something like this (happened to a Toyota Land Cruiser on Icelands tracks, all studs sheared off)?

View attachment 7813187

View attachment 7813189

A simple and light scissor jack did the trick. Always on board...(see trailing arm).

Cheers
AWo
Yup, that’s the one. Bottle jack as the only option would be a bit of a bummer.

Reactions: AWo

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don't know, you'd just hunt around for a suitable jacking place on the chassis...

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I'd be happy to change a wheel on the Grenadier with a Hilift ~ more so than with the current Ineos provided bottle jack...

I wonder if it's safe to assume that someone at Ineos has actually checked that the provided bottle jack will fit under the axles with a fully deflated tyre? 🤔
Sod’s Law will reliably deliver a failure beyond that which we’ve conceived and prepared for, usually when one is low on fuel/water/comms/provisions/spouse goodwill.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Sod’s Law will reliably deliver a failure beyond that which we’ve conceived and prepared for, usually when one is low on fuel/water/comms/provisions/spouse goodwill.
And spirits. Esp if you used up all the gin to emergency light fires.

Back
Top Bottom