The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos Grenadier - rejected

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:51 AM
Reaction score
HI all,
Just an update on my personal situation.

I can Happily say that it seems Ineos have realised that they have been a little lax in the customer service department and in particular the few of us who had real problems with the early vehicles.

To my understanding a guy called James Cooling, who is Head of VIPs has taken overall charge of these matters, I can only say he has been excellent in my case.

The trialmaster that had been sitting on my driveway was collected six weeks ago on an Ineos transporter. The next day James contacted me to say that he had transferred ownership of my vehicle back to Ineos and he was searching for a replacement. Within a few days I was offered a brand new trialmaster in Inky black which I accepted.

This new car has been fully prepared, updated, my sidesteps etc transferred to it, registered last week and delivered to me the next day. I am now "over the moon" with my new car and the service I have received. I was in contact with four others who were in my position in the UK and in all cases their situation has been resolved to their satisfaction , either by refund or new car. Ineos seem to have picked up the pace in the customer satisfaction department, especially for those of us with very early problem cars.

I am very pleased with my new car, which is a dream to drive and problem free,"Hats Off" to James and INEOS.IMG_6493.jpeg

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:51 AM
Reaction score
I had some communication with James when I was trying to see if I could switch my build to another dealer. He was very communicative but was unable to help. Not sure what the real issue was to prevent this but happy with what I ended up with!

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
HI all,

I can Happily say that it seems Ineos have realised that they have been a little lax in the customer service department and in particular the few of us who had real problems with the early vehicles.

To my understanding a guy called James Cooling, who is Head of VIPs has taken overall charge of these matters, I can only say he has been excellent in my case.

The trialmaster that had been sitting on my driveway was collected six weeks ago on an Ineos transporter. The next day James contacted me to say that he had transferred ownership of my vehicle back to Ineos and he was searching for a replacement. Within a few days I was offered a brand new trialmaster in Inky black which I accepted.

This new car has been fully prepared, updated, my sidesteps etc transferred to it, registered last week and delivered to me the next day. I am now "over the moon" with my new car and the service I have received. I was in contact with four others who were in my position in the UK and in all cases their situation has been resolved to their satisfaction , either by refund or new car. Ineos seem to have picked up the pace in the customer satisfaction department, especially for those of us with very early problem cars.

I am very pleased with my new car, which is a dream to drive and problem free,"Hats Off" to James and INEOS.View attachment 7851136
Excellent and about time too!

Is that a red chassis I see?

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
HI all,

I am very pleased with my new car, which is a dream to drive and problem free,"Hats Off" to James and INEOS.View attachment 7851136
I’m pleased that you are pleased.
My experience with Ineos has been positive although frustrating when I got the problems. . I had initial problems with power steering and Ineos were all over it trying to get me fixed ready for my travels.
Further problems with auxiliary radiators and transfer box Bowden cables whilst in Southern Africa were also dealt with as swiftly as they could although frustrated by customs issues regarding the parts.
Everyone I dealt with at Ineos HQ, Ineos Southern Africa and the dealerships couldn’t have been more helpful and accommodating.
I always expected some issues with a new vehicle brand but I’m happy in how Ineos dealt with my problems. I bought into this project because of the promise to get us sorted ASAP if we need it and so far so good. I’m especially impressed with getting rescued from the Central Kalahari when Bowden cable seized and I was stuck in low range with centre diff locked and about 5500 km from home 😎

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Excellent and about time too!

Is that a red chassis I see?
Not sure why, but a part of me wishes I opted for the red chassis. Maybe it's a bit like the Saddle leather. Doesn't necessarily make sense but........

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
HI all,

Hi @PBD I'm very happy for you! And I can only confirm that I have good contact with INEOS Automotive managers and that there is a good dialogue. I've even had one or two personal contacts with Lynn and have been able to address a number of concerns with her. As I said in one of my posts yesterday, I know that there was a managers' meeting about customer concerns. But the topic of communication is also being addressed. Your example shows that INEOS is not indifferent to us as customers. I can only repeat myself: We can help them and they can help us. I think they have understood that. Now it's just a matter of implementation. But I believe they will.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @PBD I'm very happy for you! And I can only confirm that I have good contact with INEOS Automotive managers and that there is a good dialogue. I've even had one or two personal contacts with Lynn and have been able to address a number of concerns with her. As I said in one of my posts yesterday, I know that there was a managers' meeting about customer concerns. But the topic of communication is also being addressed. Your example shows that INEOS is not indifferent to us as customers. I can only repeat myself: We can help them and they can help us. I think they have understood that. Now it's just a matter of implementation. But I believe they will.
Speaking of Communications - Ineos USA recently hired David Sullivan as their new Director of Marketing and Communications. Hopefully the quantity and quality of communications on our side of the pond increases.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m pleased that you are pleased.
My experience with Ineos has been positive although frustrating when I got the problems. . I had initial problems with power steering and Ineos were all over it trying to get me fixed ready for my travels.
Further problems with auxiliary radiators and transfer box Bowden cables whilst in Southern Africa were also dealt with as swiftly as they could although frustrated by customs issues regarding the parts.
Everyone I dealt with at Ineos HQ, Ineos Southern Africa and the dealerships couldn’t have been more helpful and accommodating.
I always expected some issues with a new vehicle brand but I’m happy in how Ineos dealt with my problems. I bought into this project because of the promise to get us sorted ASAP if we need it and so far so good. I’m especially impressed with getting rescued from the Central Kalahari when Bowden cable seized and I was stuck in low range with centre diff locked and about 5500 km from home 😎
Hi @Logsplitter , welcome back. I think it's really impressive how INEOS and the dealers have looked after your Grenadier. I have read all your reports carefully and sympathised with you when the next damage occurred. But I always had confidence in INEOS and the dealers that they would not let you down. And they didn't. It's a shame I'm not in the UK. I would have liked to have had a closer look at your Grenadier after this trip.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Speaking of Communications - Ineos USA recently hired David Sullivan as their new Director of Marketing and Communications. Hopefully the quantity and quality of communications on our side of the pond increases.
Yes, I trust it and I hope I won't be proved wrong. But as I said, there have also been changes in Europe. I think they know what they're doing. But I know from my own experience that change takes time. The most important thing is people who identify with INEOS Automotive and the Grenadier and therefore feel responsible. Then they also have the passion to want to improve things.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll try to get the Ineos dealership in Cape Town to take some detailed photos from underneath to show how it looks. It’s survived remarkably well
I’ll add photos I have
IMG_2939.jpegHi @Logsplitter , welcome back. I think it's really impressive how INEOS and the dealers have looked after your Grenadier. I have read all your reports carefully and sympathised with you when the next damage occurred. But I always had confidence in INEOS and the dealers that they would not let you down. And they didn't. It's a shame I'm not in the UK. I would have liked to have had a closer look at your Grenadier after this trip.
IMG_2949.jpegIMG_2944.jpegIMG_2942.jpegIMG_2943.jpegIMG_2948.jpegIMG_1757.jpegIMG_1758.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2950.jpeg
    IMG_2950.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 14

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll try to get the Ineos dealership in Cape Town to take some detailed photos from underneath to show how it looks. It’s survived remarkably well
I’ll add photos I have

View attachment 7851151View attachment 7851149View attachment 7851147View attachment 7851148View attachment 7851150View attachment 7851152View attachment 7851153
Great pic's thanks. So, with the experience you have, which protection is essential if you were doing it again? Obviously, diff guards as you had an issue there. Tank guard? Gearbox?

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great pic's thanks. So, with the experience you have, which protection is essential if you were doing it again? Obviously, diff guards as you had an issue there. Tank guard? Gearbox?
I will add diff guards, a gearbox guard, I’ll check existing fuel tank guard when I get the vehicle back , I don’t like the rear bash plate it acts as a scoop for vegetation, sand stones etc. Although I’ve not hit the front steering damper I would get that changed if it was an option. And lastly a two or three inch suspension lift would help and maybe assister airbags inside the rear springs for when full loaded.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I will add diff guards, a gearbox guard, I’ll check existing fuel tank guard when I get the vehicle back , I don’t like the rear bash plate it acts as a scoop for vegetation, sand stones etc. Although I’ve not hit the front steering damper I would get that changed if it was an option. And lastly a two or three inch suspension lift would help and maybe assister airbags inside the rear springs for when full loaded.
Not as yet seen an alternative for the rear bash plate but you are certainly the expert on what is required. I wonder if it is something Buzz might look at.

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:51 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the pics and your conclusions. Happy that I got the diff guards installed today and that the guard for the gearbox is ordered already. 👍🏻

Local time
Reaction score
I’ll add photos I have

View attachment 7851149View attachment 7851148View attachment 7851150
Looks like an oversight from Ineos by not specifying the diff pinion seal guards. The pinion seal guards may not stop leaks but they will significantly reduce dirt build up around the seal extending seal life. The Grenadier is standing up very well the other photos show what would be normal wear and tear that occurs to any vehicle that spends a lot of time on dirt roads and off road

Seal Guard.jpg

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
2:51 AM
Reaction score
It may be off-topic but it's a serious consideration. Keep tetanus boosters current. Watch for snakes. Four Corners fleas and ticks carry diseases. My brother was a janitor in NM and they had to mask up in disused areas where mice hung out.
They masked up for the hantavirus / Junta virus. It’s found in mouse droppings. The dust gets in the air and causes major illness. There are a few cases every year.

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Not as yet seen an alternative for the rear bash plate but you are certainly the expert on what is required. I wonder if it is something Buzz might look at.
Hey Cheshire Cat,

We do have some underbody protection products in the works. We'll certainly be posting up about them as soon as we have them ready,

Back
Top Bottom