The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

INEOS GRENADIER MY23.5 PRICE LISTS

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:54 PM
Reaction score
In most of the world Ineos sells direct so they don't have to include a full dealer margin.
No idea what margins dealers make in the US but they do have to cover the commissions to sales staff, outlet profit, head office costs etc.
I think a minimum of 30% plus greed factor.

I am sure uncle Jim is running Ineos Automotive as a charity or public service - not. They are pricing the product to market and make the equivalent of the wholesale AND retail margin in most countries.

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:54 PM
Reaction score
I am sure uncle Jim is running Ineos Automotive as a charity or public service - not. They are pricing the product to market and make the equivalent of the wholesale AND retail margin in most countries.
I agree with you there. He hasn't got to where he is now without eye on the bottom line and future outlook....

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Uh oh. Let's hope they don't do it again in Australia. Like seriously.. they raised the price by nearly 15 % barely 4 months ago.
Yes but they held the price on all existing orders which was really impressive.
Toyota and Suzuki both told me I would pay the ruling price on the day I took delivery

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Uh oh. Let's hope they don't do it again in Australia. Like seriously.. they raised the price by nearly 15 % barely 4 months ago.
Think of it as additional rewards for us early adopters, a spoonful of sugar to take away the bitter taste of waiting.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
At the price increase in Australia it’s touch and go for value I reckon.
There’s an awful lot of 4wd’s that could be kitted out at ARB to be as (or more) capable as the IG for $125k - with change, so they have to be careful moving forward I reckon.
Pre price hike it’s good value - above that, well……….

Lift it again and the majority will walk across the road I reckon.

Fanboi love and blindness only gets you so far.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There’s an awful lot of 4wd’s that could be kitted out at ARB to be as (or more) capable as the IG for $125k - with change, so they have to be careful moving forward I reckon.

Mine was $133K at new prices and $121K at old

Local time
9:54 AM
Reaction score

I agree. I think I can justify a Grenadier at where we are now.. just. If they increase the prices by 15% every four months I think the Grenadier might be a very very rare sight on Australian roads. Let's hope any price changes are more like adjustments.

Chatting at the dealer and all in the conversation agreed that it would be very unfortunate if there was another large increase.

We must remember after all.. these vehicles are intended to be working vehicles that are likely to be beat up doing things. I know my Defender has copped a hiding over the years.

Local time
Reaction score

And the other thing.. They will need to get a reasonable volume to develop a support network etc. If they kill the volume by jacking the price .. bad bad bad.. They won't be able to keep a whole heap of dealers and service people on for a few thousand cars.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:54 AM
Reaction score
In most of the world Ineos sells direct so they don't have to include a full dealer margin.
No idea what margins dealers make in the US but they do have to cover the commissions to sales staff, outlet profit, head office costs etc.
I think a minimum of 30% plus greed factor.
In the US, I think it is way less. Under 10%? The dealers make their money on the add-ons and maintenance. The add-ons I mean are like extended warranties and dealer added things, not the factory options. The ‘salesperson’ is really not much more than an order taker, the real ‘sale’ happens with the finance person- who you have to talk to even if you are paying cash…. At least that is the US sales process circa 2021.

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:54 PM
Reaction score
Yes but they held the price on all existing orders which was really impressive.
Toyota and Suzuki both told me I would pay the ruling price on the day I took delivery
Yep let’s hope it stays that way.

Yep I had that notice from Toyota saying “we don’t know when you’ll get your rav4 and have no idea what it’ll cost ya”.

Prompted a stuff you Toyota and hello Volvo demo.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:54 AM
Reaction score
Is a second price list but no deliveries supposed to make us more or less certain that this will actually be successful?

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
With 42% VRT rate added to cost in Ireland, it’s gone a bit wild. I wont tell you exactly what it starts at lest you get a little bit pukey🥴

Back
Top Bottom